[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would America accept a remake of Falling Down starring a black man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: Falling-down-movie.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Falling-down-movie.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
Would America accept a remake of Falling Down starring a black man?
>>
Anything that doesn't portray black people as saints who do no crime is racist in America these days, so no.
>>
>>64657122
Scene where he cracks the shit for rocking up late for breakfast menu. Breakfast is now all day at macas.
>>
>>64657122
Only if instead of killing the Nazi who tries to rape him he rapes him back with his dingus
>>
BUT POC DINDU NUFFIN WRONG DEY SUM GOOD BOIS
>>
File: image.jpg (589 KB, 2304x1422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
589 KB, 2304x1422
>>64657122
It'd be a documentary, not fiction.
>>
>>64657199
McDonald isn't the only fat food place
>>
File: 1-Elim-Garak.jpg (9 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1-Elim-Garak.jpg
9 KB, 320x320
>>64657122

>yfw he gets shot by the police before he even loses his shit
>>
It wouldn't work because a black man hasn't lost what the white man had.
>>
NO! Only white male is evil!
>>
File: 1400959129761.gif (595 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
1400959129761.gif
595 KB, 460x600
>>64657194
>>64657223
>>64657232
>>64657267
>all these redditors
>>
The cops would shoot him in the first 15 minutes. No bullshit.
>>
>>64657278
Vote for /b/ernie!
>>
>>64657278
>le fanny fedora maymay
>calling other people redditors
Ok.
>>
>>64657122

HOL UP HOL UP
YOU SAYIN
>SMACKS LIPS
THAT
>GETS ARRESTED
YO YO YO
>GETS SHOT
SHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT
>KEKS WHITEY
HOL UP YOU SAYIN
>ABANDONS FAMILY
MOVIES?!
>>
>>64657410
>Redditor trying to call someone else a redditor.

Sweet memes are made of this
>>
>>64657232
>That picture
>The subtle face in the upper right
This is art. The only thing missing, is Dunston checking in somewhere across the sky
>>
>>64657278
How's that white guilt working out for you? If you wanted me to fuck your gf you just had to ask. :)
>>
File: 1452324407455.jpg (44 KB, 639x628) Image search: [Google]
1452324407455.jpg
44 KB, 639x628
>>64657122
Yes. As the world becomes more and more controlled by white slavers a movie depicting a black man just losing control and taking down the white menace oppressing his people would never get funded. Do they seriously think they can do this to us? We were kings after all. They just stole our knowledge after they emerged from caves. But we're gonna take it all back someday.
>>
>>64657122
>Traffic cop pulls him over
>Cop is irate, keeps escalating the situation
>He sees the cop start to reach for his gun
>He realizes he's going to get Michael Brown's
>Slips a knife out from his sleeve and cuts the cop's throat open
>Drags the cop to the side of the road
>As the cop cannot talk or move, protag is free to speak and a white man, a symbol of authority, is forced to listen
>The last words the cop hears as he bleeds out is a diatribe on the American doctrine of self defense
Poetry
>>
>>64657278
These posts are /pol/ that fact you can't tell the difference means you should lurk more.
>>
>>64657194
This.

Blacks ceased being real characters a long time ago. Now they are blank slates, or positive propaganda. I cringe every time one comes on the screen.
>>
>>64657533
Hey tripfag, go nig somewhere else, eh? We don't have any sneakers or sprite here.
>>
File: oh really 4.jpg (14 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
oh really 4.jpg
14 KB, 320x320
>a black man trying to make it home for his childs birthday

I can only suspend my disbelief so much....
>>
>>64658136
Kek
>>
As long as it's a loose remake that takes into account the differences between the average black man and the average white man in current day america VS 90s america, I'm okay with it.

But the guy still needs to be the bad guy with understandable motivations, like in the original.
>>
NOT
>>
>>64657867

Nothin personnel kid
>>
ECONOMICALLY
>>
VIABLE
>>
UNDER
>>
>>64658180
Blacks can't be bad guys in movies because they are bad guys in real life, and it's getting a little too close for comfort
>>
>>64657122
Yes. Actually, that's a feckin' good idea tbphwy
>>
File: pepe barbosa.png (68 KB, 578x572) Image search: [Google]
pepe barbosa.png
68 KB, 578x572
>>64658180

>black man stuck in traffic
>trying to get to tyrones to grab a 40bag before he leaves town
>flips out
>goes and beats up store owner while shouting "no justice for Trayvon!, No justice for mike brown"
>sitting on playground-sees spic gang. Handjives his way out of trouble and asks for a ride
>steals their car and guns
>crashes car immediately due to overcomsumption of colt 45s from the convenience store
>runs into shop owned by extremist black panther who hides him
>Black panther shows him collection of photos proving they was kangz
>steals everything in the store, rapes Panther to show dominance while screaming "BIX NOOD MUFFAKA"
>passes out after
>wakes up late, got a text from his dealer to meet him a the pier
>*smacks lips*
>meets his dealer, things go south as Jamal only has a half gram left and wants 30 for it
>pulls his gun, it jams
>jamal shoots him in the arm
>falls off pier and drowns as blacks can't swim
>crime rate drops in city
>"it ain't my fault" by sikk shocker starts playing
>>
I'd watch it just for a scene where he calls out BLM for not talking about Black on Black Violence, the real killer of African Americans
>>
>>64658354
This is reality.

However....
Hollywood would have him be a doctor on his way home to his loving family from curing Aids and Cancer at his modern diverse billion dollar facility, who gets unfairly pulled over by Le ebil whitey police officer.
>>
>>64657199
Limited menu at the one near me, no biscuits after ten.
>>
As a black man, to come to 4chan and click on 4chan and just get hit with thread like this... fuck, man.

I honestly didn't realize there was still so much hatred and intolerance in the world.
>>
>>64659378
Will will never tolerate bad writing in our movies.
>>
>>64659378
Fuck off nigger
>>
File: .png (60 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
.png
60 KB, 592x492
>>64659440
>Will will never tolerate bad writing
>Will will
>never tolerate
>bad writing
>>
>>64658371
The real killer of African Americans is actually our shitty healthcare system and the fact that white doctors are likely to underserve them even when they can pay.
>>
>>64659500
lmfao
>>
>>64658519
>There are no black doctors
When Falling Down came out, less than a third of American workers had a college degree, and the vast majority of them still worked unskilled labor or service jobs.

Michael Douglass' character was as much an aberration from the American norm as a doctor would be from the black norm.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.