[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BvS plot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
The film has an absolutely gorgeous opening credit sequence: basically splitting the action between the night of the Wayne murder, and the day of their funeral. There are some genuinely iconic shots, especially regarding Martha’s pearls, as the film cuts back and forth. Young Bruce is running from the funeral and falls into the Batcave. The scene feels a little more like Batman Forever than Batman Begins. Maybe a little of both. When Bruce lands he sees the cavern and the bats for the first time, they start to swarm and literally being lifting Bruce up, off his feet. It sounds ridiculous, but the carry him up to the light at the top of the shaft. At that point Bruce’s adult voiceover begins, saying something along the lines of “that’s how the dream always goes” or something.

It fades to white, and there’s a title card like, “the day the world was introduced to the superman,” or something like that, I don't quite remember. But this is the Kyptonian sequence from Bruce’s perspective. The most significant thing is that he arrives at the wreckage of Wayne Financial to find Scoot Mcnairy’s character trapped under an I-beam. I don't remember Scoot’s name, and I’m not sure that IMDB is correct, either, but he IS NOT Jimmy Olsen, as many believed. He IS very important, however, despite being a minor character. His paralysis is a crucial element to Senator Finch and Lex’s separate plans to undermine Superman.

Cut to the present, Lois is in the African desert, interviewing a Terrorist leader. Her photographer, (also not Jimmy) is stopped, his camera destroyed, and a tracking device removed from the camera: he’s CIA, working undercover. Not even Lois is aware. Things go sour immediately, he is killed, as are a few bystanders. Lois is taken hostage, and Superman saves her.
>>
Cut to Gotham, this is the “horror/SE7EN” scene Ben Affleck referred to, its also the ‘Bat Brand” scene. The guy that gets branded is running a human trafficking ring, and the victims are behind bars in a cage. Two police officers find the crime scene, where the girls call Batman “a demon” or “a devil.” One officer finds the branded man and batman, and begins shooting at anything that moves. This cuts to a news reel, revealing that the Batman Brand is basically a death sentence in prison, as its only given to rapists, child molesters, human traffickers, etc.

If I recall, the news transitions to the African hostage situation, basically blaming Superman for the casualties, despite happening before his arrival.

Lois is bathing, Clark brings home flowers, they talk about how hard it is for her to be with him AND for him to be superman. Then, ya know, sexy time in the bathtub.

I don't remember what comes next in what order, so bear with me, because the order isn’t that important for a little while. But there’s a scene in the batcave with Alfred and Bruce, some stuff with Clark being assigned a sports piece for the Planet but wanting to pursue the Batman, and a scene at a beach in Africa, where there is a crashed spacecraft, and divers pulling up a lava-like rock, full of kryptonite.
>>
Lex is introduced at his basketball court, talking to the senator and some other government officials. A small quantity of kryptonite has been found and has been shown to break down the cells belonging to general Zod. Lex wants more, and needs the Senator to allow the HUGE African shipment into the United States without dealing with customs. He wants to create a deterrent in the event that Superman or another kryptonian should attack. He basically trades the information he’s amassed on kryptonite for access to Zod’s body, and the kryptonian ship.

Bruce is investigating a terrorist group in connection to the group Lois is also researching. Bruce knows that there’s a connection to one of the terrorists from Africa, and traces it back to lex. Bruce is planning to break into Lex’s mansion when Alfred reveals that he’s been invited to a party there, anyway. Bruce is connected to Alfred, sneaking a hacking device into the building’s mainframe. Clark can hear this happening through Bruce’s headset and begins the face to face interaction from the trailer. Bruce tries to retrieve his hacking device, but Diana has stolen it. He get’s it back a few nights later at a museum. She reveals that a photograph of hers has been stolen, but Lex’s files are too encrypted.

Clark also leaves the party due to a fire in mexico, starting a montage about how superman is perceived as both a god and a devil, there are a bunch of real people in on this debate, from Anderson Cooper, Nancy Grace and Neil deGrasse Tyson.
>>
>>67200753
>Her photographer, (also not Jimmy) is stopped, his camera destroyed, and a tracking device removed from the camera: he’s CIA, working undercover.

It's over
>>
Bruce decrypts the data at the batcave, and triggers the Knightmare sequence. Its almost entirely whats been shown in the trailer. Bruce awakens to Flash from the future warning about causing the apocalypse should “she” die, you assume he’s talking about Lois, but its Martha Kent. Bruce wakes. Once the file is decrypted h essentially learns that Lex is shipping the kryptonite in from africa, and Bruce wants it.

A big chase scene occurs at the docs, where Bruce is after the truck full of kryptonite, this is the big Batmobile scene, and its pretty spectacular. The batmobile can take a tremendous amount of punishment, ripping throught boats, ships, brick walls. This is also the scene where Bruce hits Clark with the vehicle and Clark gives the “bat is dead” line, and Bruce’s “do you bleed” line.

Scoot’s character has been left without legs, and seeks revenge against superman. He is arrested for vandalizing the Superman monument, domestic terrorism etc. and is bailed out by lex. Lex wants to use him to testify against Superman. Bruce sees Scoot’s character on the news, and asks why he hasn't been receiving severance pay. Apparently he’s been sending it back, each with angry notes attached, like the “you let your family die.” Lex gives Scoot a high tech wheelchair in prep for the hearing.
>>
Superman agrees to appear at the hearing, Lex sort of threatens the Senator for denying him permission to create an assassination tool, and Scoot’s character arrives, also bitter. The senator attempts to begin the hearing, only to realize that she’s being threatened. There’s some kind of personal message taped to her tea glass, and she notices Lex’s seat is empty, as Superman approaches the stand. Scoot’s wheelchair explodes, taking out the entire building. This kind of bothered me, to be honest, because Mercy Graves was still in the courthouse, and that mean Lex sacrificed her. I dunno, you don't kill your body guard, ya know? Especially Mercy.

Clark is devastated and flees, having a pseudo-dream sequence in the mountains, where Pa Kent basically tells him that there are always consequences for your actions, despite those actions being inherently good. He tells Clark a story about how he diverted a flood from his farm when he was young, believing himself to be a hero, only to learn that the neighboring farm was flooded instead, their horses drowned.

Lex returns to Lexcorp to descover that he’s been robbed, the building on fire, and the kryptonite missing. In its glass case is a batarang.

Batman begins training to take on supes. Developing kryptonite based gasses, and a kryptonite spear.
>>
There’s also a running subplot with Lois, she’s investigating the bullets from the shooting in Africa. They aren’t registered to any weapons manufacturer in the world, legitimate or black market. Theres a conspiracy that Lexcorp developed the weapons to attract Superman, helping to initiate the suspicion over Superman’s accountability.

While Bruce was investigating Lex’s hard drive, he encounters a file labeled “Metahumans.” In it are a few video files of Diana Prince, and a photograph of her from 1918. He sends her that information, and a few scenes later we see her look through the other videos attached. One is of Barry Allen in a convenience store, stopping an armed robbery, no costume, however. The next is underwater footage of a shipwreck, and an encounter with Aquaman as he destroys an underwater drone. And the last is of Silas Stone working to repair Vic, who is literally just a torso and a head.

Lex gains control of the kryptonian airship, using Zod’s finger prints, sliced off with kryptonite. He mixes his own DNA with Zods, against the warnings of the computer.

Martha Kent is kidnapped while working. Lois is as well.

Bruce appears in his armored suit and ignites the bat signal, calling for superman. He leaves the kryptonite spear in the building for later.
>>
Lex and Lois have their spat atop the Lexcorp tower, and Lex throws her off. Superman saves her, of course, and lands atop the tower. Lex reveals that he has taken Martha Kent hostage, and is giving Superman one hour to kill the Batman, or Martha will die. He has some EXTRA creepy polaroids of Martha tied up with the word “witch” written on her forehead, saying that because she is the mother of a demon, she must be a witch. Lex want to prove that Superman cannot be almighty because if God is almighty than he cannot be entirely good, and if he IS entirely good, then he cannot be almighty. Lex knows exactly who Clark is, though I’m not clear on if he knows who Bruce is.
>>
Bats and Supes have their fight, but its built entirely on manipulation by Lex. Bat’s has been convinced that Scoot’s character is sort of a martyr against superman, though the hateful letters have been sent by Lex all along. Batman has a few traps set, ahead of time: two sonic speakers, which is nice to see Superman weak to soundwaves in live action, and a set of automatic turrets. Superman gets through those quickly, and leads into the interaction at the rooftop, near the batsignal. The canister that Clark catches IS filled with kryptonite, and Bruce begins to just beat supes to the ground. Utterly merciless. Bruce says something along the lines of “you aren’t a man, men have fear” or something and it continues, pretty evenly matched. Once Bruce’s helmet is destroyed he basically takes the kryptonite spear and goes in for the kill. Lois shows up, and intervenes at the right moment before Bruce literally kills superman. Supes starts cry-shouting that he “has to save Martha” He asks “WHO’S MARTHA?” and like, “Why are you saying that” and Lois like “That’s his MOTHER’S NAME” and this FREAKS. BRUCE. OUT. (If you’ve never noticed before, both Bruce and Clark’s mothers are named Martha, and this is really important). Basically Bruce starts having PTSD flashbacks of his mother and father dying in Crime Alley, and his father whispering “Martha” and that empathy he shares with Clark pushes him to see Clark as an equal. Bruce throws the spear aside, and agrees to help rescue Martha Kent, (thus avoiding the Superman driven apocalypse from the nightmare).
>>
Clark tries to intervene at the Kryptonian wreckage, where Lex unveils Doomsday. The two fight it out very briefly in metropolis, before Superman flies him into orbit. The US government deems it appropriate to launch a nuke and takes Doomsday down. Doomsday lands on Stryker’s Island (apparently long abandoned) and is strengthened by the radiation from the nuke. Bruce, in the Batwing, realizes that he’s going to have to lead Doomsday to shipping yard in Gotham, where he left the kryptonite spear, as it's the only thing that can stop Doomsday. Apparently the area is abandoned. (Also, the destruction is barely 1/100th of MOS). Superman is rejuvenated by Yellow sunlight and returns to the fight. And Wonder Woman FINALLY joins in. She’s amazing. And her musical theme is just so incredibly B.A.

Its mostly a team up of WW and Supes, while Bats acts as a distraction and Lois tries to retrieve the Spear, which she nearly drowns trying to obtain. Clark assists, nearly drowning, himself, from the kryptonite. Doomsday is HUUUUGE. Like 15 feet tall and evolving throughout the fight. WW does most of the work, and her lasso does get some use. While the rumor that she decapitated Doomsday is not true, she DOES chop off a hand, and a HUGE spike grows in its place. Superman tells Lois he loves her and flies in to stab Doomsday in the heart with the kryptonite spear, being impaled, himself, on Doomsday’s spikey appendage. (that image floating around is 100% legit). They both die. So, for those thinking “Doomsday is gonna be wasted in this movie, its too soon to kill Supes…” I’ve got some bad news.
>>
The ending is kinda drawn out. There’s a HUGE procession for Superman, and a memorial (there’s a leaked image of that floating around, too), and a quiet service in Smallville for Clark. Lois is there, as are Bruce and Diana. Martha gives Lois an engagement ring that Clark had been planning to give to her. Bruce and Diana discuss the future. That Bruce worried and wants to contact the other metahumans. Diana doesn't think that's such a great idea, but Bruce feels that he failed Superman. Its all obvious set up for Justice League.

Another scene towards the end is of Lex being admitted into a high facility prison and getting his head shaved (even the rumors surrounding THAT weren’t true). It ends with Batman in his cell, threatening him with the Bat Brand, but only punching the wall with it. Lex reveals that the kryptonian ship sent out a signal, and that more big bads were coming. He “rang a bell.”

The final shot of the movie is at the graveyard, you can hear a faint drum. It sound like a heartbeat, the second time. The camera dooms in on the casket, the heartbeat is heard again as the handful of soil on top begins to levitate slightly. Then the camera cuts to black.

I’m not sure if there was a post credit scene or not, as the projectionist turned it off almost immediately.
>>
>>67200904
that final scene seems incredibly useless. People won't walk out of the theatres shocked by the ending because of that
>>
So what about Flash and Aqua Man?
>>
I'm a little skeptical though, how did you find this out?
>>
File: Trump.jpg (1 MB, 1530x1451) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
1 MB, 1530x1451
This sounds fucking incredible holy shit.
>>
File: _1458326106.jpg (31 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
_1458326106.jpg
31 KB, 600x300
>>67200817
checks out

this is legit folks
>>
I appreciate the effort, but I really don't understand these threads. If you're planning on seeing the movie, you're not going to read it. If you don't give a shit about the movie, you're not going to read it. Who profits from this?
>>
>>67201512
people spreading spoilers like wildfire e.g star wars.
>>
>>67201512
people who are are not gonna see it yet are relatively curious about how it will turn out
>>
Marvel is going to be BTFO 2x over
>>
this seems p good

but superman dying?

really?
>>
>>67200795
Aidan Gillen cameo confirmed
>>
>>67201579
>Marvel
>btfo by a movie that kills off its protagonist just to close the movie establishing "but he didn't actually die. He just took a nap you guys"
Well that will be interesting.
>>
capekino confirmed
>>
>>67201647
They probably just did it to lessen the impact of Captain America's death.
>>
>>67201734
is that referring to War Machine?

I haven't seen anything about the civil war story and am intruiged
>>
>>67200762
i'm not sure if i should read any more because i'm really liking some details in this
>>
>>67200874
adding to this:

Bruce takes the Batwing to the docks where Lex’s goons are holding Martha. I do have some reservations about this scene, as we see Batman KILL. Not cool, man. Using the Batwing he takes out several armed vehicles, literally firing at them and then blowing them up. Alfred takes control of the Batwing, and we see the fight scene from the final trailer, leading to Batman rescuing Martha from one of the terrorists (holding a flamethrower) by literally blowing it up and lighting the man on fire.
>>
File: 1455990142171.jpg (257 KB, 800x736) Image search: [Google]
1455990142171.jpg
257 KB, 800x736
This sounds pretty interesting. Wonder Woman even seems well integrated into the story.

Shit, have they actually pulled this off? The trailers looked like ass.
>>
Best comic movie in generations. So amazing that marvel will be forced to cancel the rest of the MCU they'd be that BTFO
>>
>>67201754

Yes, when he says War Machine, he means Captain America, are you dumb.
>>
sounds like Watchmen
>>
>>67200795
>Her photographer
>he’s CIA

Please tell me Snyder browse /tv/ and cast Aidan to cameo in this roll
>>
>>67201853
I was meaning that the whole "just sleeping" might be used for brody or whatever his name was in the trailer to lessen the impact of CA's death. I don't fucking know that's why I asked you fuck
>>
>>67201754
War Machine will only be injured.

Captain America will die in the end, and the Winter Soldier will replace him.
>>
>>67201908
Alright cool, sounds like a bit of a cop out for someone to be replaced but at least they used a different type of cookie cutter for the movie
>>
File: 1432502305824.jpg (140 KB, 1280x714) Image search: [Google]
1432502305824.jpg
140 KB, 1280x714
>>67200753
>he’s CIA, working undercover.
>>
>>67201819
PROTIP: It's fake. They already confirmed that the flashbacks to Bruce's childhood don't open the movie and that the Batwing scene segues directly into the scene where Superman wrecks the Batmobile.

Also, the leaked still of Superman dead is from the Knightmare.
>>
>>67201997
source?
>>
>>67201467
Agreed. This actually seems like a legitimately good movie. What the fuck?
>>
>>67201997
bruce's nightmare all happens in that desert, the leaked pic of superman clearly shows him on concrete at night, nice try but this is real, faggot
>>
>>67201783

footage from a tv spot showed it was a drone, not the batwing that killed them and snyder confirmed lex killed them
>>
>>67200904
>>67201244
that final shot might actually be the post credits teaser
WHOS MARTHA?
god damn this is going to be good, that made my jaw drop when i i read it
>>
>>67200817
There’s some kind of personal message taped to her tea glass, and she notices Lex’s seat is empty, as Superman approaches the stand. Scoot’s wheelchair explodes, taking out the entire building.
holy fuck. I hope this doesn't pan out casually.
>>
>>67200874
>Supes starts cry-shouting that he “has to save Martha” He asks “WHO’S MARTHA?” and like, “Why are you saying that” and Lois like “That’s his MOTHER’S NAME” and this FREAKS. BRUCE. OUT. (If you’ve never noticed before, both Bruce and Clark’s mothers are named Martha, and this is really important). Basically Bruce starts having PTSD flashbacks of his mother and father dying in Crime Alley, and his father whispering “Martha” and that empathy he shares with Clark pushes him to see Clark as an equal. Bruce throws the spear aside, and agrees to help rescue Martha Kent, (thus avoiding the Superman driven apocalypse from the nightmare).

C A P E K I N O
A
P
E
K
I
N
O
>>
File: 1456114937468.jpg (105 KB, 700x522) Image search: [Google]
1456114937468.jpg
105 KB, 700x522
>>67202322
>superman standing around those mutilated bodies
marvel would NEVER do this

capekino incoming
>>
>cia

>>67202440
this is going to be the next 'STOP INVINCIBLE SON', based snyder literally toying with meme magic
>>
The "Kino" meme was a mistake.
>>
>>67202449
captain america looks so fucking dumb in comparison
die hard marvelettes will carry out seppuku
>>
>>67200753
Nahhh!
The whole thing is completely missing the scene where Batman takes out the arms dealers or whatever. You can always tell fake spoilers from real spoilers because they forget to include shit we know is going to happen.
>>
>>67200904
>I’m not sure if there was a post credit scene or not, as the projectionist turned it off almost immediately.
Darkseid was in the trailer so there has to be one.
>>
>>67202523
see
>>67201783
>>
>>67202301
martha kent
>>
>>67202563
see
>>67202174
>>
>>67202174
>no sources
>must be real
>>
Fuck I cant decide if I should read this or not
>>
>>67202703
it seems pretty legit so if you're that concerned I'd advise not to
>>
>>67202703
you know what they say about those who can delay gratification...
>>
>>67200762
the Batman Brand is basically a death sentence in prison

That's pretty retarded, considering anyone can use a bat shaped brand to essentially put a free hit out on anyone in prison
>>
File: image.png (185 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
image.png
185 KB, 500x562
>no Hal Jordan
>>
>>67202774
depends on how they view batman. also, it's not like it makes sense for anyone to have the brand randomly
>>
File: 1457563210432.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2311) Image search: [Google]
1457563210432.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2311
>>67200795
> He's CIA

Was getting caught part of his plan ?
>>
File: Captain America.jpg (931 KB, 910x1365) Image search: [Google]
Captain America.jpg
931 KB, 910x1365
>>67202514
Of course he does, it's a poorly lit and poorly framed set pic against an actual official still.
>>
>>67201244
further allusions to jesus but further also general passion story trope
>>
Wait, the heart beating at the end is Supes, right?
>>
>>67200753
So instead of continuing the Nolanverse, DC has hit the re-set button so we get another fucking origins story but this time starring Mohammed Achmed Al-Kebab Affleck?

Weak.
>>
>>67202934
Yes. Supes is Jesus.
>>
File: Green.jpg (91 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
Green.jpg
91 KB, 786x393
Can op confirm this?
>>
>>67202942
Meanwhile spiderman is getting its third reboot in 15 years
>>
>>67201908
He'll die in infinity war, he has 1 more movie on his contract
>>
without spoiling the rest, can someone confirm or not batman vs superman (in an actual fight) is bullshit or what? Are there believable reasons for superman not sending batman to orbit in 0.01 seconds?
>>
>>67202942
so instead of commenting on the actual supposed content of the leak you misrepresent the narrative relevancy of references to wayne's past?
>>
>>67203086

Money, Kryptonite, and Hesitation.
>>
>>67203086
He doesnt want to kill Batman.
>>
>>67200874
Their reason for fighting sounds so cliche....maniplated into it by lex. then they team up because bats becomes emotional due to them having moms named martha? jesus this sounds terrible.
>>
>>67203086
you're saying that as if superman would do that
it was never supposed to be a straight one on one fight. superman wants batman to stop what he's doing, batman wants to kill superman
>>
Is Catwoman in this?
>>
>>67200874
>pretty evenly matched

This makes no sense to me as Superman was never, ever trained to be a fighter, he's just had god strength, speed, and durability. How in the world can a depowered Superman put up an "evenly matched" fight with a crazy martial arts trained Batman wearing a fucking power suit?
>>
>>67203171
>>67203140
>>67203134
>hesitation
thanks, this is the only one that makes sense.

>>67203171
yeah but in trailers superman looked mad as fuck.
>>
File: 14c[1].jpg (17 KB, 207x253) Image search: [Google]
14c[1].jpg
17 KB, 207x253
>>67200753
>>
Not reading the spoilers but can 2 questions be answered:
1) Does Joker make an appearance or just heavy references?
2) Do they mention Bruce's training (league of shadows or anything)?
>>
>>67202789
Too busy having a 3sum while crying that he wants to be remembered for his piloting skills, not his sex skills.

I hope they go a little more obscure with their heroes though. Deadman. The Spectre. Wildcat.
>>
>>67200753

>a god
>versus a man

Literally no point to this movie
>>
>>67200753
I'm not reading any of this. I just want to know if it's good or not.
>>
it's like some of you guys have never read a comic of superman "dying"
>>
>>67203285
Ragman

Not trolling, I love Ragman.
>>
>>67203264
>yeah but in trailers superman looked mad as fuck.
only ever looks stern whenever dealing with batman, never like he's about to lose his shit
>>
>>67203308
FEELS
>>
>>67203237
From some of the trailer scenes, Superman still has some light flying ability as he flies at batman after falling through the glass roof window.
So presumably kryptonite isn't the ridiculous crawling on the ground weakness and instead just lowers his powers a lot.
He's still pretty damn strong but batman with all his training, tools, and armor would be a match.
>>
>>67203107
Hi, Ben!

I am not gonna see this movie because you are in it.
>>
>>67203285
Deadman would be awesome, especially on film jumping from body to body.. Sounds like he's at least in the works, especially if they're going Justice League Dark, which looks like they are (Margot Robbie kind of let this slip by mentioning she kept giving her pet rat to different cast members and it ended up with Del Toro)
>>
>>67203285

There were rumours of a Justice League Dark movie with Deadman, Swamp Thing, Zatanna and John Constantine a while ago. GDT was going to direct but he dropped out and it's gone quiet ever since.
>>
>>67203351
:)
>>
>>67203313
I didn't. I googled it, and it sounds a lot like the Punisher's Suicide Run storyline, with multiple "fake" Punishers/Supermen trying to take over the mantle.
>>
>>67203365
This is what I was talking about with del toro here:
>>67203354
>>
>>67203365
>>67203354
>Arrow never turned Tommy Merlyn into their version of Deadman, and they didn't give him a spin-off show
>>
File: 3185453-doctor_manhattan.jpg (9 KB, 217x400) Image search: [Google]
3185453-doctor_manhattan.jpg
9 KB, 217x400
>But you, Adrian...are just a man. And the world's smartest man poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termite.

While "Batman vs Superman" is about a man a god chasing each other on rooftops
>>
>>67203313
I don't think anyone legitimately thinks Superman is dead for good, especially considering that the Justice League set up is so strong.

Also, as a side thought, I don't know why the writers of this movie would push for Doomsday and the death of Superman. The Death of Superman was a fucking awful, awful event in the comics and was obviously a cheap attention grab stunt. For fans, it's not especially iconic because it sucked ass and for non-fans, they probably didn't read that shit anyway.
>>
>>67201512
Not everyone cares about spoilers. Actually reading these spoilers made me want to see the movie more, before them I didn't care about it that much.

Knowing the plot of a story doesn't ruin the story for me, as long as it's well told. If a story has to rely on plot twists and hooks and other little shit to work, it's not a good one.
>>
>>67203472
In comics no one ever stays dead.

It's one of the reasons why I gave up that shit years ago.

And it's obvious that they're gonna do the same for movies.
>>
At least the whole "metahumans are among us" and "we are Justice League now" seems to be well integrated into the storyline without taking precious time away from the main plot.

And they don't waste 5 movies with Sam Jackson recruiting. DC only needs 2. Kino.
>>
File: Little Nigger.jpg (20 KB, 331x272) Image search: [Google]
Little Nigger.jpg
20 KB, 331x272
This actually sounds really good, but I have no idea why they would go for a "hurr supes is totally dead" thing when there's two Justice League movies coming up and a solo Superman movie
>>
>>67203472
i think that's fair.
>>
fuck what if superman is actually dead and comes back as bizarro?? and JL is about them fighting bizarro, where they can do the tower of babel storyline holy fuck muh DIIIICK
>>
>>67203472
They needed a good mindless punching bag that they could easily use without much build up of characterization and then throw away after the movie.
Doomsday is the most popular option for that.
>>
>>67203472
Death of S had Superboy and the black/silver capeless costume. I liked those. It was just too long and to hyped for it's own good as a storyline.
>>
>>67203413

Just gimme a Del Toro directed Gothic period horror about Solomon Grundy
>>
>>67203546
The better question is, why would they go for it when they literally counter it in the last scene.
>>
>>67203570
I'm completely fine with Doomsday appearing in the movie, for the reasons you've mentioned, but I don't know why they'd have to end the movie with Superman actually dying.

Like just have Batman use some bat gadgets or shit to save his life as he's fading away.
>>
>you will never live in a world where DC would, to fight against Marvel's Cinematic Universe, make a series of non-connected Elseworlds movies instead of making their own CU
>>
>>67200800
>....Bruce awakens to Flash from the future....

Wait, what? So we're getting time-traveling Barry in this??? Holy shit. This is going to be awesome. Seriously such a bad ass way to introduce him.
>>
>>67203565
>they only show the soil levitating
>people will assume superman is alive and well
>huge plot twist in Justice League

anon please don't fill me with this false hope
>>
>>67203622
Because Superman dying is the motivation for Batman to recruit and form the JLA. The plot and themes seem really coherent, compared to the mess MoS was.
>>
I'm just watiting for the new memes

> do you bleed?
>>
>>67203747
Eh, if OPs spoilers are right, the motivation to form the JLA is real shaky.

>That Bruce worried and wants to contact the other metahumans. Diana doesn't think that's such a great idea, but Bruce feels that he failed Superman.

You could write that like a hundred different ways, and even more if Superman was alive for it.
>>
>>67203790
But dead Superman is a callback to Bruce's first motivation: his dead parents.
>>
>>67203790
Seems more like it's because batman feels the need to build a team to fill Superman's shoes after lex tells him that more are coming.
>>
>>67201908
>Captain America will die in the end
Unless we're on a ruse cruise, I'd point out that Evans stated that Cap and Carter are going to start developing something in this movie, which they'll "have time" to build on in the future.
>>
>>67200889
>WW does most of the work

Lol
>>
>>67202449
>It's a 15 year old thinks everyone on /tv/ likes his childrens movies thread
>>
>>67203308
When is the review embargo lifted?
>>
>>67203821
Batman's dead parents being symbolic of a rotten, corrupt city pushing the desperate to crime that only fuels a vicious cycle doesn't really have anything to do with an invincible space alien sacrificing himself to kill another invincible space alien.

Is a simple callback, because now Clark is dead like Batman's parents are, better than something like Superman thinking the world is ready for more people like him and that it's time to show the people that metahumans are on humanity's side? That would also run with the themes that are in the movie.
>>
>>67203970
tuesday
>>
>>67203970
Tuesday
>>
The whole 'martha' thing sounds so fucking stupid. Why would batman hesitate just because superman's mother has the same name as his?
>>
File: ALAN.webm (960 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ALAN.webm
960 KB, 1280x720
>>67200753
>>67200762
>>67200781
>>67200795
>>67200800
>>67200817
>>67200845
>>67200854
>>67200874
>>67200889
>>67200904

worth it seeing in 3D ?
>>
>>67203790
>>67203821
>>67203858

Bats is supposed to be retired right?
so why not use Supe's 'death' to make him not give up the job once again, but instead trying to form JL?
>>
>>67203313
Yeah, not as many people read comics when they were little as you think.
>>
>>67204195
I don't think it's completely The Dark Knight Returns. I don't think he's supposed to be retired, but I think that's what they're doing anyway as the motivation for JLA.

And the thing is, I'm not against the idea of Superman dying by itself. Fine dramatic moment, heroic death would be fine for the character, works sufficiently as a motivation for Batman to start JLA. That stuff is all fine, but I have a problem with it in this movie because of how transparently unnecessary and meaningless it is, especially if the last scene in the movie is what the OP says it is. Because of what we know about future movies coming out, it's such a completely cheap piece of drama.
>>
>>67200817
>their horses drowned
I want this to be a meme.
>>
This sounds contrived as fuck.

I hope Hack Snyder finally fucks off for good from DCCU once this flops.
>>
File: 1449625007145.gif (2 MB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
1449625007145.gif
2 MB, 200x113
If these spoilers are true it's a great movie. Gonna love watching neets try and push the cia meme again
>>
>>67200874
Scenes like this you can tell Ben Afleck and his team fucked around with. Snyder never would have included that bit about the mothers.
>>
This sounds like hot garbage.
>>
>>67201647
Exhibit A: Captain fucking America: The First Fucking Avenger

Exhibit B: The Dark Knight Returns

Exhibit C: The Death of Superman (literally exactly what op described).

If you are a fan of capeshit and have a problem with that as a plot point, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>67200904
>Batman at Supermans funeral hears a faint heartbeat underground

DID SNYDER EVEN FUCKING READ DKR OR DID HE GET DYSLEXIC CLIFF NOTES ON IT?
>>
>>67205454
>Implying any one of those twists were good.
Exhibit A at least had the tenuous "excuse" that there was basically no other way to have Captain America in their modern day cinematic universe.
>>
Wait wait so Lex knows Superman is Clark Kent? How did he figure that out?
>>
This plot is literally Call of Duty tier

>Batman and Lex getting BTFO by Superman
>Incoming care package of kryptonite for no reason to save the day.
>>
>>67205573
Lex supposed to be extremely smart. He probably followed the clues in that small town that was destroyed that led to the ship that led to the farm
>>
>>67203472
yeah but it's Cavill's favorite comic
>>
OP are there scenes where Batman and Superman figure out each others identities?
>>
>>67205573
>Kryptonian space ship that the entire planet is paying attention makes a casual landing on a farm just outside Smallville before engaging in a grudge-match in the town with Superman.
Lois, the girl who figured out who Superman is, just so happened to go to Smallville just a bit before that, and it's unlikely that her travelling wouldn't be easily traceable, especially by someone in Lexcorp.
On top of that, Superman explicitly states to US officials that he grew up in the same state Smallville is in.
And let's not forget that freaking Lois managed to figure it out.

It doesn't take a genius to figure it out, mate. You don't even have to see through his glasses, he's got a paper trail five miles wide leading straight to his doorstep.
>>
>>67203237
Superman has had like 20 years to research and practice kryptonian martial arts. Which is probably never expanded on since the most he's had to deal with in 2 decades is some human scrubs
>>
>>67205707
>applying real logic to capeshit logic

No it doesn't work this way.
>>
>>67203903
It's a ruse.

It's pretty much confirmed he'll die in "Civil War", that "Infinity War - Part 1" will focus on a ragtag group assembled by Doctor Strange, including Bucky as Cap, and that he'll briefly be revived in "Infinity War - Part 2" so the original Avengers, which will have been splintered by four years by then, can assemble one last time to kick Thanos' ass.
>>
>>67205742
You're right.
Lex is missing the +10 Knowledge (Local) ranks Lois has, and he's not a Reporter, so he also lacks the Feat "Trace the Untracable", so he can't roll on the Figure Out Secret Identity table on page 256.
He probably hired someone with Bardic Knowledge to figure it out for him instead.
>>
File: 1442014851600.png (216 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1442014851600.png
216 KB, 393x391
>they start to swarm and literally being lifting Bruce up, off his feet. It sounds ridiculous, but the carry him up to the light at the top of the shaft.

BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>67205815
>applying real logic to a series well known for the joke that glasses alone are what prevent people from realizing Clark is Superman

Living with autism must be rough
>>
>>67203274
Bruce is not trained by the league of shadows, that was an invention of the Nolanverse. But no to both.
>>
>>67205900
Oh boy, and how.

Still can't get over how people claim that "Superman tried to take the fight away from metropolis" while it only left the city once, and that was because Zod slapped him into space, instead of the other way around.
>>
>>67206018
maybe superman tried to get zodd away from the city but zodd overpowers him, that would explain why he could knock superman into space and back?
>>
Lex firebombs the US Senate and no one comes after him? wha?
>>
File: 5647.jpg (101 KB, 660x1068) Image search: [Google]
5647.jpg
101 KB, 660x1068
>Zod says EITHER KILL ME OR THESE PEOPLE WILL DIE
>Superman kills Zod

>Lex says EITHER KILL BATMAN OR YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE
>Superman tries to kill Batman

Are you fucking kidding me? How do you completely miss the point of a character this badly?

Literally the entire point is that he's a god that could kill every problem on earth if he wanted to but he CHOOSES not to because he believes in a better way. If Superman is given an option between an innocent dying and killing he uses his BRAINS to create a third option. That's what makes him a fucking superhero.
>>
>>67204053
Because Batman is literally a crazy person. He watched his parents get murdered in front of him, and instead of using his vast wealth and influence to increase public services to alleviate crime in Gotham City, he chose to put on a fursuit and literally fight crime with his fists. The idea that he has some intense hangups about his parents does not seem in the least bit far fetched.
>>
>>67206119
I imagine Superman struggles mentally with what he has to do during the fight and OP didn't emphasize that.......I hope........OP?
>>
File: for you snyder.png (32 KB, 525x130) Image search: [Google]
for you snyder.png
32 KB, 525x130
this meme will never die....
>>
Is there any banter between the two when they are on good terms? Does Batman cal Superman underoos?
>>
File: 3972735163.jpg (14 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
3972735163.jpg
14 KB, 500x359
>>67206119
>people can't take muh special comic book character who has already had many different adaptions and try to do something different

fuck off max
>>
at least it doesn't sound like it's one hour of cgi mayhem like mos, dunno might even be okay
>>
>>67206116
because everyone in the room dies except Superman. The question is if the proceedings were on "CNN" and noticed Lex was missing

at the time of the bombing chaos would be high I'd imagine
>>
>>67202869
HAHAHA this still looks like shit compared to batman costume.
not even a capeshit fan.
>>
File: 1429997057783.png (83 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1429997057783.png
83 KB, 228x260
>>67200753
>The scene feels a little more like Batman Forever than Batman Begins.
>>
>>67206203
Superman has no personality. Not killing people is basically his character
>>
>>67206284
>Superman has no personality
Why do people who don't read comics feel the need to chime in here?
>>
>>67206269
>he doesn't know BMF is better than BMB
>>
I dont understand why you guys always fall for this pre release 4chan plot leak meme
Like do you actually think any sony execs or critics which got to see early screening is going to post on /tv/
Is there a single thing which proves that any of what op has posted is true
Man you guys are gullible
>>
>>67206305
because this isn't /co/? I don't fucking read comics but watch the movies, cum at me
>>
What about Robin? What else is said when we see the suit? And which Robin was it?
>>
>>67206284
>superman has no personality
>a fictional character made to entertain and explore themes and ideas, has 'no personality'

wew lad
>>
>>67206316
And here I was, thinking I'm the only one.
>>
>>67206334
the movie was released in india or some other place days ago...
>>
File: 1458188040009.jpg (66 KB, 960x576) Image search: [Google]
1458188040009.jpg
66 KB, 960x576
>>67206176
I think Zack must be afraid of Affleck.
>>
>>67206119
Yep... but then it sounds like he doesn't want to kill Batman... "If I wanted it, you'd be dead already"

So what's exactly his plan?
>>
>>67206347
and yet you talk about superman, a COMIC BOOK character as though you know exactly what he represents and what the 'point' of his character is, especially when your only frame of reference are flicks
>>
File: Fuck You.jpg (64 KB, 500x514) Image search: [Google]
Fuck You.jpg
64 KB, 500x514
>>67206334
I'm a game journalist that often gets games early. I leaked the ending to Halo 5 and Mad Max on /v/ before they came out.

So, yes, it's possible that someone could have seen BvS early and happens to go on 4chan.
>>
>>67206347
>I admit I don't know what I am talking about

Fine that's all I wanted.
>>
>>67206414
>I'm a game journalist

You mean an idiot
>>
>>67206414
>I leaked the ending to Halo 5 and Mad Max on /v/ before they came out.

Lol, anyone cared about that?
>>
>>67201864
What if it was Tom Hardy as the CIA, and Aidan played the terrorist?
>>
>>67206394
Maybe to scare him away or something.

Maybe fake his death .
>>
>>67206414
My dad works at game journalist too
>>
>>67206406
>>67206419

...the only problem is I didn't make those posts, sorry friendo. All I said was this isn't /co/ the place you should be to talk about the character of Superman in the comics...
>>
>>67206383
>being forced to take acting directions by a hack while you already have a fucking academy award
That must be painful for him, watching Snyder be the shitty hack he usually is and having to follow his "directions".
>>
>>67206373
Nope its released on march 25 there
i know because im from india
>>
>>67206439
I made $53,000 for sitting on my ass, playing video games, and occasionally wrote an article for them.

How's your 9-5, $10 an hour job going for ya, idiot?
>>
>>67206350
This famalam. How Robin plays into the whole thing is the only thing I'm willing to get spoiled.
>>
>>67206414
>game journalist
Which just means you are a neck beard with no real life
There is a world of difference between video gamr journalists and legit movue critics
>>
>DC kills Superman before the release of Civil War where Cap likely dies.

Well played, but I understand Marvel was ready and shot different endings. Still, they don't get to use the one they wanted.
>>
>>67206499
huh, then where were those leaked pics in the theater taken from?
>>
>>67205737
How to you research martial arts from a dead planet when working as a bumblefuck homeless drifter?
>>
>>67206510
And I make $6,300 a month following these 3 easy steps...
>>
>>67206544
Sure, a $53,000 a year difference
>>
>>67206462
>the only problem is I didn't make those posts
Sure you didn't. I read the /r9k/ threads where you autists discuss your tactics when you lose arguments here I know the tricks.
>>
>>67200753
c'mon, what the fuck am I supposed to believe, there's also one on /co/ that's slightly different from this one.
>>
>>67203461
Superman doesn't even get his cock out. Honestly...
>>
please be real. this sounds amazing
>>
>>67206664

it doesn't line up with the ew article and a few snyder interviews
>>
>>67206548
Fake i guess its definitly not from here
>>
>>67200817
>Clark is devastated and flees, having a pseudo-dream sequence in the mountains, where Pa Kent basically tells him that there are always consequences for your actions, despite those actions being inherently good. He tells Clark a story about how he diverted a flood from his farm when he was young, believing himself to be a hero, only to learn that the neighboring farm was flooded instead, their horses drowned.

>STOP INVINCIBLE SON

But seriously, give me one possible negative repercussion if Clark saved his dad. JUST ONE..
>>
>>67206712
More scenes with Pa Kent.
>>
File: 1407883200107.png (134 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1407883200107.png
134 KB, 334x393
>>67206648
>I read the /r9k/ threads
ok, so y'our one of "those" people..kek
>>
>>67206712
I defend a lot of the criticism about MoS, but the handling of Pa Kent was fucking abysmal.
>>
File: 1266614473516.jpg (184 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1266614473516.jpg
184 KB, 450x600
>have Ben Affleck on board, renowned hollywood director AND script writer
>let Snyder direct
>>
>>67205467
anon, it said "you" as in you, the viewer. You can hear it, you're not Batman are (you)?
>>
>>67206745
Yup this is another strategy. After this thread you are going to fuck off there and make a frog meme thread about losing arguments here or getting (you)'s in arguments like the rest of the autists.
>>
>>67200762
>I dont kill people
>I just mark them, almost giving them a certain death by shank while being assraoed, or isolation for the rest of their life

Gee, thanks Batman for not killing me.
>>
>>67200753
>Cia is killed
Yeah right. If he survived Bane's master plan, he can survive some dindu.
>>
>>67206816
..uh no, I don't go there. But you just stated you go there, so why the projection?
>>
>>67200795
>uhhh, you don't get to bring kryptonite
>>
>>67206865
I lurk many boards doesn't mean I participate. I like watching train wrecks like the one known as your pathetic life.
>>
>>67206928
with that reply you should got to red-pill or rk9. Did I trigger you with my superman opinion? lol
>>
>>67206967
No your autism triggered me more than anything.
>>
>>67206838
>Be in prison
>You have a Bat Scar on your Forehead
>Thinking people will still want to rape your ass, shank your ass after facing off with the Batman
>Have a clique of cronies who all have the Mark of the Bat
>Everyone makes crazy exaggerated stories about how Batman took them down and everyone just believes it/reinforces it

but shit anon if you ran a Human Trafficking Ring then a lot of people will just outright hate you, that's why you get news like Pedophiles being beaten up in Prison, weird brand on your skin or not you're gonna get beaten up if you did insanely bad stuff, killing's one thing since there are a lot of ways to justify it and modern day media has pretty much desensitized us to it. but slavery and child rape, some people can't rationalize it.
>>
>>67203148
Same. I like it better when they teamed up because they knew both fought for the same cause.
As always, DC will put out a good/decent movie while butchering the characters entirely.

Not like Marvel is better, though, Iron Man was never a playboy neither AAAHHH TONY a complete idiot.
>>
>>67206983
>having a different opinion is autism not shitposting about rk9 in multiple posts and implying samefaggotry in some delusional conspiracy

you...need to calm down, friend
>>
>>67203365
Its what they should have done
>>
>>67207068
How am I not calm autist?
>>
>>67206998
yep, that subway guy was just beaten up in jail around jan. or so
>>67207102
I'm down with you, redirect that whatever you are having somewhere else
>>
>>67200795
>The business trip I just filed with the Planet lists me, my camera, Ms. Lane here, but only one of you!
>>
Why does Martha dying trigger the apocalypse? That makes no sense
>>
>>67200889
Does Lois lose consciousness when she nearly drowns? I am super autistic about this shit
>>
>>67207240
Martha dying made Supes turn evil
>>
>>67202789
Heard he's busy being a reddit meme, nowadays
>>
>>67207240
I guess it would essentially make Superman think that humans aren't worth protecting if they're willing to kill an innocent like her.
>>
>>67207288
But why tho, I mean his parents have been dead in comics before I assumed the future vision would be him being mind controlled by darkseid cuz no justice league

Or is it less apocalypse or more supes is a dictator?
>>
>>67207240
Cheap stock emotional stakes.
Goyer can't write.
>>
>>67207329
Martha would have been killed by Lex Luthor and that would have been the final straw that pushes Superman into a psychotic rage and becomes an evil dictator.
>>
>>67203461
Yeah, at least Watchmen was honest about it. At least they dont pull a total marvel and change the powerlevel
>>
>>67200753
You had me until that desu
>>
>>67207134
>redirect that whatever you are having somewhere else
>>
>>67207334
>If it's good it's Terrio, if it's bad it's Goyer
>>
File: 1433900757148.gif (3 MB, 350x190) Image search: [Google]
1433900757148.gif
3 MB, 350x190
>>67206439
>>67206544
why are you guys so butt blasted about this guy saying he's a game journalist? he's not boasting or anything. you guys actually just sound jealous.
>>
File: CIA attacked.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CIA attacked.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>67200753

Can memes go too far?
>>
>>67201512
I wasn't planning going by to see this movie, a friend already saw it and gave a pretty bad review. Now after reading this (she confirms this thread is legit) I am way more interested to go an see it
>>
This movie sound awful.

Like they want to squeeze in as much bullshit in hopes that the DCU takes off.

The plot sounds terrible.
>>
>>67208081
>>
>>67203514

Yeah why waste time on character development and getting the audience to know these characters. Let's just rush the fuck or of or shitty universe to try to make a quick Buck like that other studio that has been successful.
>>
>>67206440
no one gives a single fuck about video game stories, its all about gameplay
>>
>>67208358

I think you are missing the point.

Also

>MUH LAMEPLAY

Faggot, take it back to /v/.
>>
>>67203237
We're talking about a movie where its suppose to show spotlight on both but it focused on Batman all movie. Also they would lose out in money if batman lost.
>>
Would like a movie with Superman where kryptonite isnt used every time. Every time a Super appears there is kryptonite.
>>
>>67200874
SO NO ONE WINS ?
>>
>>67208196
Cuck
>>
>>67200904
So yeash, you're full of shit. I jumped straight to the ending to see if were creating a fan fic since I don't recall the start of the movie that well, but the ending is simply Batman carrying Superman's dead body and disappearing in the distance

Don't feed the troll, people
>>
>Batman beat Superman

Its good to see DC doing exactly what we expected them too

Fucking Batfags
>>
>>67200781

>and Neil deGrasse Tyson

and im out
>>
File: 1453665396052.jpg (34 KB, 418x475) Image search: [Google]
1453665396052.jpg
34 KB, 418x475
>>67208158

>a friend already saw it and gave a pretty bad review. Now after reading this (she confirms this thread is legit)
>she

would the fuck would you take her opinion on anything? Shes a chick.
>>
>>67209068
He's lying anyways. Anon >>67208943 says the truth.
>>
>>67203148
I don't think it's entirely because they have the same name. More like, Supes becomes more humanized in Bruce's eyes. Supes is dehumanized as some weird alien from another planet and this changes Bruce's opinion. Bruce lost his mother and knows the pain in can cause and empathizes with him.
>>
>>67206414
>game "journalist"
gamergate was right.
>>
>>67203495
>If a story has to rely on plot twists and hooks and other little shit to work, it's not a good one.

Most Hitchcock films.
>>
>>67208847
Batman was clearly winning til Lois saved Superman by interfering
>>
>>67209066
He was in since the 1st trailer you idiot.
>>
>>67201512
I just read it and it makes me wanna see it more.
>>
>>67206510
>>67206605
$53,000/year isn't a lot though friend
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.