[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The biggest TFA problem - is lack of scene like this. Just silent,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: 2.png (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
2.png
1 MB, 1920x816
The biggest TFA problem - is lack of scene like this. Just silent, patient moments, when we can get much closer to the character.
>>
>>64625344
Thats every movie since CGI became the main star
>>
>>64625344
>Special Edition colors
Jesus Christ
>>
When Rey is intoduced she doest say anything for a few minutes. She scavages a destroyers, rides down a sand hill (my favorite shot of the film i might add) and rides her floating motorcycle to town. And the score was actually decent too compared to the rest of the movie which i cant remember a single track that sticks out.
>>
I noticed that too. The OT has a lot of long quiet shots where you just kind of take things in. Once TFA gets going they never stop throwing shit in your face
>>
>>64625344
Well Jakku is kind of life that, the pacing isn't too fast. That totally vaporizes in the second act though.

The best example of how star wars had perfect pacing is the millennium falcon scenes where everyone is just chilling out and we learn about characters. Chewy plays chess with R2D2. We learn his ego has to be coddled like a child, we learn R2D2 is a winner, and we learn 3PO is a bitch. Luke and Obi Wan fuck with target practice. We learn about the force, and we learn han doesn't buy that shit and he contrasts luke's hopeful naive personality.

This would never be in a modern movie because the plot isn't advancing at all during this time, in a movie that already had a crawling pace in the first act where we watched robots fuck around in the desert.
>>
>>64625637
This.
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>64625344
The biggest TFA problem was the lack of Luke.
>>
>>64625784
>rides down a sand hill (my favorite shot of the film i might add
this
Only good scene imo.
Only scene with good music too.
>>
>>64625344
TFA went to shit the moment KANJIKLUB appeared
>>
>what is Rey's entire introduction

Did any of you even watch the movie? Good god.
>>
>>64626129
>le AT-AT and rebel helmet fanservice scene
l o l
>>
>>64625344
You might want to watch the movie then. Rey had several quiet moments:
>eating her bread with the helmet on
>making her bread
etc
>>
>>64625344
How about the entire scene with her making food and going outside to eat?
>withering flower
>pilot doll
>watches space ship
>puts on a helmet
Without a single word the movie tells you everything about her character, it's functionally the same at the Luke sunset shot. Shit, even right before the food stuff Rey is looking at a super old woman doing the same job as her and there's a shot of one setting sun as Rey drives home.

>>64625873
OP goes from saying there's no shots like this to anon agreeing that "once tfa gets going" they don't stop again. Well shit anon does that mean you're just gonna ignore shots like this before the movie "gets going"? Isn't this shot before ANH 'gets going'? What other long shots in ANH are you talking about? They might be there, just not coming to my memory right now.
>>
>>64625873
It's Disney. They won't stop annoying you until you buy their products.
>>
>>64626189
Do you enjoy anything in life at all? God fucking damn like how close to suicide are you
>>
>95% of movies that came out after mid 2000's tbqh
Shitty blockbusters have become the standard
>>
>>64625784
>>64626090

This was a great scene and gave me a lot of hope for the movie, unfortunately it went downhill from there
>>
>>64626454
Yeah, I was feeling it at the beginning, but when the Falcon showed up it went straight to shit.
>>
>>64626454
The entire portion on Jakku from Rey's first appearance to her wearing the helmet was so good and so unlike the rest of the film that JJ was probably rolling in agony filming it.

>WHY AREN'T THE CAMERAS MOVING
>WHY AREN'T WE SHOOTING IN CLOSEUPS AND DUTCH ANGLES
>WHY ISN'T THE SCORE BOMBASTIC AND GENERIC
>WHERE'S THE BADLY CHOREOGRAPHED AND DULL ACTION
>WHERE'S THE QUIPS
>WHY ISN'T REY TALKING, HOW IS THE AUDIENCE SUPPOSED TO UNDERSTAND ANYTHING IF SHE ISN'T TALKING
>WHO CARES ABOUT SOME BORING SHIPWRECKS, THIS ISN'T ENOUGH OF A TATOOINE REHASH
>THE SUN SETS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ONE ENTIRE DAY PASSES WITHOUT AN EXPLOSION OR LENS FLARE?
>WHO CARES WHAT REY THINKS WHEN SHE SEES SOME DUMB OLD WOMAN, IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S GOING TO COME UP IN THE FILM EVER AGAIN
>WHY ISN'T THE BREAD SHE'S COOKING TURNING INTO SOME CGI MONSTER FOR A STUPID FIGHT SCENE
>CAN YOU SATURATE THE SAND MORE, I WANT TO RIP OFF FURY ROAD AS WELL AS A NEW HOPE
>WE GOT SIMON PEGG IN HERE, WHY ISN'T HE MAKING QUIPS? CAN HE AT LEAST FIGHT REY AND GET BLOWN UP?
>>
The biggest TFA problem was that it was too busy trying to pander to faggots who refuse to grow up instead of telling a new, original story for the next generation.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 540x720
>>64626632
pretty good
>>
the biggest problem is that its a bad rehash of a boring movie and it doesnt even have the only redeeming factor that all the rest had which was an incredible soundtrack.

Seriously what happened to mr williams? was it his fault or the editors?
>>
>>64625873
It's to appeal to the ADD faggots that are everywhere these days thanks to iphones and shitty parenting.
>When's the action going to kick in, this movie's boring PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG PLASTIC BAG
>>
>>64626632
lol
>>
>>64626757
Either Jewsney cheaped out for maximum profits or he has some kind of exclusive contract with Lucas.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 392x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 392x414
>>64626757
>a boring movie
>>
>JJ
>4 seconds without someone shouting or being shot at
>>
>>64626632
10/10
>>
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-film-starwars-abrams-idUSKBN0TS1W420151210#4qgmSrMmUXxOw4EI.97

>Abrams, who has already made sci-fi films such as "Star Trek" and "Star Trek Into Darkness", also cited American cult director Terrence Malick, known for "The Tree of Life" and "The Thin Red Line", as an important influence.
>"Malick (is) not a director you would normally think you'd ... go to for a 'Star Wars' movie and yet ... I don't know of a more profound and emotional filmmaker than Malick," he said.
>"It sounds very pretentious to say 'oh I'm inspired by this person, that person', it's more about ... seeing things that you can aspire to ... and where appropriate apply lessons that you're learning from them."

Could this cunt be any more of a hack?
>>
>>64626806
well maybe boring wasnt the right word, but it certainly is the worst out of the original trilogy imo.
>>
>>64626898
>Malick was actually the one who directed the jakku scenes, explaining the massive deviation in quality
>wasn't credited because jarjar didn't think there were enough explosions
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 421x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 421x421
>>64626898
I'm not clicking the link but if he really likened himself to Malick...
>>
>>64626898
If he actually thinks TFA bears any traces of "inspiration" by Kurosawa, Ford or Malick, he's delusional.
>>
>>64625344
>The biggest prequels problem - is lack of scene like this. Just silent, patient moments, when we can get much closer to the character.

Fixed for you. TFA's pacing might be fast on account of the script being headed by Lawrence "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Kasdan, and yet TFA had plenty of little character moments that helped us relate to them and their struggles, unlike almost the entirety of Lucas's embarrassingly amateur bid for relevance after years of not being in the directors chair.
But feel free to continue deluding yourself on the prequels were good bandwagon, see you again 2017 when you'll be pretending that you knew what the the "plot holes" in Force Awakens actually were, that you liked Finn from the start and that you never called Rey a Marry Sue.
>>
>>64626054
>>64625637
>>
>>64627081
>hurr
>durr

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hoXNXSpmng
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_CMKRboU1ls
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K8J2l0XQG0g
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2UhQ9uuM-YQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k4L_S9K-BkQ

All better than TFA.
>>
>>64627081
Liar
>>
>>64627213
Despecialized or TN1 film preview?
>>
>>64627289
Despecialized v2.5.
I wonder how this scene looks on Mike Verta's Legacy.
>>
>>64627213
>Despecialized
hello Reddit
>>
>>64626840
So you didn't watch TFA?
Rey's introduction is four and a half minutes of her not saying anything, then she meets BB-8.
>>
>>64627592
Read the thread, retard.
>>
>>64627592
Then the movie goes to compete shite tbqh
>>
>>64627610
What's the thread got to do with that anon being wrong?
>>
>>64627081

lol what a butthurt fanboy. cry more.
>>
>>64625344
JJ is a hack, he can't afford to slow down his movies because if he does that, the fans will start thinking.

JJ does not want that to happen because his entire narrative collapses pretty quickly under mental scrutiny. So he moves from action sequence to action sequence with the bare minimum of slow dialogue.

>>64625784
This part of the movie actually gave me hope for the movie slowing down and being more thoughtful, I figured it would be a JJ fanwank flick after the opening sequence and unfortunately I was right.
>>
>>64626116
KANJIKLUB and Maz Kaneda were really shit scenes. The rest was mostly enjoyable albeit flawed.
>>
File: 1405947692136.jpg (53 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1405947692136.jpg
53 KB, 350x300
>>64628626
Ever since I saw the film there was something about KANJIKLUB that bothered me, and I think I know what it is. That scene was so Disney Channel, it was like the perfect demographic focus group tested scene to sell toys for and endlessly replay clips of on the Disney channel
>>
>>64626960
>>64627021

Do you dipshits not understand what the word "inspiration" means? No where did Abrams say his film was like those films. He was inspired by them.
>>
>>64628525

Lurking this thread, but time and time again, just like /v/, you guys bitching now will change your tune on everything once the newest installment of something comes out.
>>
>>64629090
hi /co/mblr
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.