[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why would an army of human clones be better than an army of robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 285x177
why would an army of human clones be better than an army of robots?
Doesnt make any sense
>>
clones can think for themselves
>>
>>64624401
in the star wars universe so can robots
>>
>>64624414
No they can't, they have to follow progarming. That's why the CIS droids are useless
>>
>>64624279

I think the Clone Wars should have been literal wars between clones, brother vs brother.

The clone army project is discovered and the Republic decides it's best use is against the CIS that uses droids.

Clones being human, they revolt against the Republic because they're sending people to die to machines, when the Republic could also use droids.

Many clones defect to the CIS (which is not in fact evil, it is revealed they are closer to the Rebels in the OT, wanting to avoid the senate's grasp and Sheev's dictatorship) and they fight against each other.

This adds depth and drama to it all.
>>
>>64624279

If it was just robots they couldn't call it the clone wars.
>>
>>64624279
because they're clones of one of he most elite fighters/marksman in the galaxy and the droids (at least regular ones), while probably better than the average lifeform, aren't as good as Jango, and I'd say the super Battle droids are probably on par with the clones
>>
>>64624499
Thats the original story. It gets alluded to in the eu over and over before the prequel canonhood ruined everything.
It would make sense clones would be on both sides like macabre undying armies resurrected over and over jusy to be fed to the war machine. A true clone war.
Not this shit we get in the prequels. The name clone war doesnt even make sense
>>
>>64624469
>they have FTL spaceships
>but they don't have robots that can think for themselves

literally worse than Earth's humanity s-m-h
>>
>>64624607
>one of he most elite fighters/marksman in the galaxy

he died like a retard
>>
>>64624469
Then how do those B2 battle droids hold conversations with each other? That's independent thought, isn't it?
>>
So how does an army of 1,2 million fight a war on a million planets? Fucking Lucas
>>
>>64624915
>So how does an army of 1,2 million fight a war on a million planets?
efficiently
>>
File: themuss.jpg (17 KB, 238x286) Image search: [Google]
themuss.jpg
17 KB, 238x286
>>64624279
Droids have chink 2nd hand shit programs. Trade Federation bought them at a discount

Clones have elite ubermensch maori genes.
>>
>>64624915
How is each planet captured or lost in a single battle over a single point? Planets are fucking massive.
>>
>>64625181
Planets in Star Wars are like Australia.

There's like 2 cities that are habitable, everything else is shit apparently.
>>
>>64625160
why didnt they just get better programs
get some of that sentient AI shit right there in there
>>
>>64625242
That makes no sense. It's the future? Isn't there terrforming or bio-domes?
>>
>>64625379
>it's the future
No it isn't.
>>
File: 1435006881310.jpg (50 KB, 470x483) Image search: [Google]
1435006881310.jpg
50 KB, 470x483
>>64625479
Fine whatever, excuse me. They have advanced technologies, in the fucking past. My question still stands dipshit.
>>
>>64625379
They were never mentioned in the movies so I'm gonna guess no.
>>
>>64624909

No, it's well-established that droids can't see or think creatively; the conversations they have are all still within a certain parameter and don't exactly relate to combat anyways.

A clone could determine that they were in a bad position and to move to higher ground, or lure the droids into a trap of some sort, the droids just march on firing. In reality, I think the droids would be the superior fighting force, considering there were literally quadrillions of them during the war, but they needed to write it as balanced as possible.
>>
File: 1435900096866.jpg (260 KB, 1024x763) Image search: [Google]
1435900096866.jpg
260 KB, 1024x763
>>64625563
>higher ground
>>
File: roger.png (126 KB, 375x675) Image search: [Google]
roger.png
126 KB, 375x675
Because this was their army of robots.
>>
>>64625500
There's not enough people for all planets to be like Coruscant.
>>
>>64625662
That looks like it's very cheap to manufacture.
>>
>>64625563
I don't get this. They've got FTL travel, yet they don't have sentient AI?
Their universe is just so fucked up.
>>
>>64624279
Most droids were slow and crappy, except for droidekas, also humans can plan strategies and in-battle moves to overcome their enemy, while droids just follow orders and get rekt by humans like nothing.
>>
>>64624469
and how about the TRANS droids mmm?
>>
>>64625662
Am I the only one who loves this design? I think the B-1 is aesthetic as fuck
>>
>>64624469
Some droidekas are sentient.
>>
The force.

Really. It was implied that the fetts are force sensitive and by cloning them you have an army of force sensitive troops.
Retarded but hey, it's the prequels.
>>
>>64624499
>>64624622
Stop being autistic.
>>
>>64624279
Your trying too hard to nitpick now, the cloners in the movie literally say clones are superior because they can think creativley
>>
>>64626864
That makes absolutely no sense. How can some of them be sentient? There's no sentient droids in existence
>>
>>64625999
>>64625266
It's science-Fantasy, not Hard Sci-fi.

The droids where incompetent and cheaply made by a group of independent planets, that what happened.

The new-EU books after ep.6 have gangsters laughing their asses off when a child on an outer rim planet has one and threatens them with it.
>>
>>64624279
really the clone army should have been the enemy. It would have really improved the Obi Wan detective plot because rather than just finding a random clone army and then being like 'lol, let's just use them' it would have actually added reason to it
>>
>>64625563
>A clone could determine that they were in a bad position and to move to higher ground, or lure the droids into a trap of some sort, the droids just march on firing. In reality, I think the droids would be the superior fighting force, considering there were literally quadrillions of them during the war, but they needed to write it as balanced as possible
The battle scenes would have been much better with proper infantry tactics and stuff
Millions of disposable clones marching in lines against lines of millions of disposable droids is just lazy
>>
>>64627553
What constitutes as hard sci-fi?
>>
File: top.png (401 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
top.png
401 KB, 500x708
>>64625662
but why they need a head?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.