[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>describing a female character as "attractive" or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 12
File: 6.png (1 MB, 1318x840) Image search: [Google]
6.png
1 MB, 1318x840
>describing a female character as "attractive" or "hot as hell" is misogynistic
is max right?
>>
>>64616614
Max responsiple for negligent thriple homicide when?
>>
I think Max is attractive and hot as hell and I'd stick my cock down his throat with the force of a thousand suns.

There. Am I a feminist now that I'm being misandrist and saying the same thing to dudes?
>>
>>64616614

Is that Kylo Ren's youtube channel?
>>
>>64616634
Max only kills careers with his shitty screenplays.
>>
does the dye these autists put in their hair soak into their brains and cause autism? every single person with colourful hair is a fucking drama queen attention seeking fagget
>>
>>64616614
No normal person cares about this bullshit.
>>
A man with hair like that can never be right
>>
It's so disappointing when gay men ally themselves with crazy feminists.

In terms of male feminists.
Beta breeders I can understand, are desperately trying to get laid. But what are gay men trying to achieve?
>>
>>64616664
life is suffering?
>>
File: i'm literally lex luthor.png (51 KB, 604x490) Image search: [Google]
i'm literally lex luthor.png
51 KB, 604x490
>>64616661
No, it's Lex Luthor's.
>>
why has no one ansered my question yet
>>
>>64616634
when he commits an act that leads to negligent "thriple" homicide
>>
>>64616705
wait

hol up

max

max landis

max fucking landis is

>implying

that jesse fuckin' eisenbergs terrible-ass lex luthor

hol up

wait a minute

that jesse's lex is just an impression of max landis?

How fucking? HOW FUCKING?
>>
>>64616614
Why does that scene look like it's from some setup for a horror movie?
>>
>>64616725
Actually, negligent thriple homicide is a death resulting from the responsible party's failure to exercise reasonable care resulting in the victims death, not necessarily direct commission of an act. ...sir.
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 250x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 250x194
>>
>>64616820
whats this
>>
reminder
>>
>>64616858
John Landis' legacy.
>>
I want the old Max back, the one that talked about comics in youtube videoes with cute girls that were clearly only giving him the time of day because his father was in Hollywood
>>
>>64616869
I'd fuck Max, no homo
>>
>>64616869
Yeah and Richard Simmons swears up and down that he's not gay too.
>>
I've seen plenty of screenplays where a male character is referred to as hot in the big-print.
>>
File: 1452139930405.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452139930405.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
Max joined the Air Force.

I wonder if he flies helicopters?
>>
>>64616895
holy fucking shit i just reverse google imaged this what the fuck his dad is responsible for that?
>>
>>64616614
>quick tip - directing helicopter stunts - how not to do it
>>
>>64616869

Max "only gets erections at the sound of Vietnamese children being chopped up by helicopter blades" Landis
>>
File: 1442633299754.jpg (15 KB, 312x328) Image search: [Google]
1442633299754.jpg
15 KB, 312x328
>>64616614
Does he want all characters to be as ugly as him?
>>
>>64616935
IT AINT ME
>>
>>64616935
>>64616942
>>64616969
im dying
>>
Honest question.

If I ascribe to moral relativism, why exactly is misogyny bad? What about racism for that matter? Besides the personal convenience of not being hassled for violating transient social conventions why should I care about something being inclusive or socially progressive?
>>
I think describing a character as oozing sexuality or being super hot are descriptors beyond average actress type. Like one could be any body type but someone like Shannyn Sossamon who has incredible sex eyes and the other would be someone Michael Bay would cast in Transformers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY0CpTKJn9M
>>
>>64616614
Isn't this the guy that said Rey was a Mary Sue?
>>
>Max keeps stating all of his opinions on how to make a good movie / write well
>only good movie he's written is Chronicle

lmao.
>>
>>64617148
*Ahem

American Ultra
>>
>>64616614
No.
Do these people seriously never not consider how this might go down with the other gender?
>That male character is attractive, one might even say, hot as hell.
>Becky, you can't say that. It's misandristic as fuck.
>>
>>64617171
I was listing his only good movie, not his multiple shit movies.

Reading comprehension friendo.
>>
>>64617023
moral relativism doesn't mean "lol anything goes" faggot
there are plenty of reasons why culturally ingrained misogyny and racism are bad for society (and I mean actual discrimination, not the tumblr brand of "this show doesn't have any pansexual androgyne demiboys of mixed Inuit and Hutu descent, therefore it's discriminating" bullshit)
just look at countries in the Middle East to see what you get with that kind of shit
>>
>>64616738
Max wasn't the first to imply it. In fact, I remember /tv/ saying it when the trailer came out.
>>
>>64617010
?? go to a doctor/hospital
>>
>>64617184
they excuse it with the idea that one enforces bad things in society while the other one does, i.e. a dude will never be objectified for his looks
which is of course wrong, and even if it weren't, still wouldn't make up for the hypocrisy
>>
People describe male characters as "attractive" or "hot as hell" all the time and nobody says a goddamn thing.

The only problem is when a character is defined solely by their attractiveness.
>>
i dont give a fuck. i do what ever i want to.
>>
>>64616738

He's not implying. Jesse Eisenberg IS doing a Max Landis impression for Lex Luthor.
>>
>>64616614
Yes. He's talking about when you're writing a screenplay.

ppl need to calm their shit down

>also this video was to quell the backlash from sjws. topkek
>>
>Max "women don't understand their orgasms" Landis talking about misogyny
>>
>>64617195
You didn't explain anything.

Are you saying the middle east is fucked up because of misogyny? Because that's an outlandish statement and frankly only someone utterly ignorant of more important geopolitical factors would make such a claim.
>>
HOL UP

*smacks Max

IS YOUSA PROPOSIN

*snorts cocaine off Blues Brothers Laserdisc

IS YOU FO REAL TRYNA SAY

*dyes beard

WE FINNA

*talks about Werewolf In London for 2000th time

WE BE SUM

*gets confused for Leonard Maltin

NIGGGUHHHH

*beheads gooks

WE MYSOGINISYZT?
>>
>>64616681

You used to be a decent tripfag, now look what's happened to you.
>>
>>64616927
Whatever happened to Richard Simmons? I wanna sweat to some oldies.
>>
So when's this fruit going to fully transition?
>>
>>64616681
They're not really gay.
They're waiting for their chance to go "Im so confused."
>>
I'm sure Max doesn't call very many females attractive
>>
>>64617441
haha lol
>>
HI MAX HOW ARE YOU?
>>
>>64616681
If it makes you feel better, I'm gay and hate sjws.
>>
Hot as hell is not a description of character. Considering that majority of female acting talents are attractive (Even the chubbier ones, and those whose characters are written to be unattractive) it also a useless distinction.

But it's not a fault of descriptor, it's a fault of author to not give character more meaningful traits.
>>
>>64617670
>not a fault of descriptor
>fault of author

U wat m8?
>>
from the perspective of the screenwriter it would be

not from the perspective of a person viewing the film (or maybe even reading the screenplay depending)
>>
File: laughingchinaman.gif (496 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
laughingchinaman.gif
496 KB, 500x455
>>64616869
>im mega super straight
what a gay
>>
File: PovwGA.gif (15 KB, 188x294) Image search: [Google]
PovwGA.gif
15 KB, 188x294
>>64617670
>implying I'm not writing about a hot as hell trans binary Human Torchess

chex mate
>>
>you will never fuck Max
Why even live
>>
>>64617899
I live because his dad didn't kill me
>>
>>64617441
I laughed, don't know what the hell you're talking about, but I laughed
>>
Max here ask me AMA anything :-)
>>
>>64617501
https://www.richardsimmons.com/site/index.php
>>
>>64618003
Why do you have the "let me speak to your manager" haircut?
>>
>>64618003
You wanna see something really scary?

also how do you get the ass stink out of your writing chair?
>>
>>64618003
What does the second a in AMA stand for?
>>
>>64619509
Anal
>>
>>64616614

What's wrong with this guy? His dad was so alpha he literaly killed kids to get the shot done the way he wanted. You can be a failed director who got the job due to nepotism, sure that makes sense, but do you really have to be such an outspoken faggot?

>Minimum Landis
>>
>>64616614
If it's meaningful to their character that they are attractive or hot as hell, then there is literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>64616614

If your character is attractive, what is the socially acceptable adjective to use?
>>
>>64616614
>describing a female character as "attractive" or "hot as hell" is a form of low-key misogyny in a screenplay because it is unnecessary given that most actresses are attractive and real humans and it also detracts from the screenplay by using up precious real-estate that could be used describing their personality

fixed that for you, and yes he's right
>>
>>64616681

He's not gay. He's just really Jewish.

I'm serious. His girlfriend is quite attractive.
>>
>>64617071

I had that haircut before Max Landis.

I thought I was the only one stupid enough to do it.

This isn't fair. He's more famous, so now it looks like I stole it.

I'm not going to. I'll just part it differently I suppose.
>>
>>64617239
>The only problem is when a character is defined solely by their attractiveness.

What's the problem
>>
>>64617148

If Josh Trank's Kevin Smith podcast interview thing is to be believed, Trank wrote most of that anyway.
>>
>>64620144

Right. But if you only use the descriptor for one specific character, wouldn't that imply that she's of a higher standard of beauty than the other females in the film?

If you were writing gutter trash like American Pie or the Porky's ReSequel, wouldn't it be important to specify that certain characters are attractive?

For instance, when writing Se7en, do you think it was inappropriate for Andrew Kevin Walker to describe the victim of the Gluttony killing as a "fat" man?

Isn't that quite problematic?

What about the ableism present in describing Verbal Kint as being a "cripple" or announcing his character has having a limp?

Does his having a limp make him less human or capable of being a STEM major?

I don't think you have thought this through very well, Max.

And really, it's not going to win you any brownie points after you took a giant shit on the female population by besmirching Rey from Star Wars: Part 7: A New Beginning.
>>
>>64620256
>fat
>cripple
those things are relevant to the character
>>
File: Max+Landis+4RwsM1PTfiXm.jpg (33 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Max+Landis+4RwsM1PTfiXm.jpg
33 KB, 360x240
>>64620180
>I had that haircut before Max Landis.
so did his gf
>>
Max is actually a pretty good critic and has interesting opinions, I like watching him talk about movies.

He's a fucking terrible writer though, he lucked out with not-Akira then everything else has been terrible.

I wonder how you can be good at critiquing things, but then not notice the problems in your own work.
>>
>>64620144
>but it's so BOOORING they could have said something EEEELSE

Easy to say this when there is no actual object to discuss.
>>
>>64616614
I guess being called sexist after the Mary Sue comments made him submit and go SJW. Explains the rainbow hair
>>
>>64616614
>DRESSES AND STYLES HIS HAIR LIKE AN SJW
>SHITS ON SJWS

MAX LANDIS IS AN ENIGMA WRAPPED IN A FAGGOT
>>
>>64616614
Nigga look like he sell skittles on the low

Nigga look like Ronald McDonald got lost in a paint shop

Nigga probably giggle when the doctor check his dick

Nigga look like he fart condoms

Nigga look like he star in My Little Pony: Disappointing My Father Is Magic!

Nigga look like a fire in a Crayola factory
>>
>>64616935
>>64616942
>>64616948

what's this a reference to?
>>
>>64623794
Look up Twilight Zone: The Movie
>>
File: sides.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sides.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>64617563
>>
Jesus fucking Christ, Max. You are a fucking writer, or so you call yourself. Is "attractive" a fucking word? Yes. Are there any words that are off limits to a writer. No. Fuck no. I'm a writer, too, Max. Try to take a word from me. I fucking dare you. I'll write an entire fucking script about attractive people and I'll call it "Attractive As Fuck Niggers From Kike Alley VS The Fat Spic Feminists From The Ghetto". Does that trigger your delicate fucking sensibilities? Well, fuck you. I already started writing it just to fuck with you.

Chapter 1 - Black Cocks in White Mouths
>>
File: Goyim, Please.png (65 KB, 574x600) Image search: [Google]
Goyim, Please.png
65 KB, 574x600
>>64616614
Max, did I ever tell you about the time your father organised a dangerous film shoot despite several warnings from experts, which resulted in the deaths of actor Vic Morrow and two children, and that because he was wrongfully acquitted, he had the opportunity to spawn you, and that only nepotism allows you to continue your career as a mediocre screenwriter?

He was a good friend.
>>
>>64620147
no she isn't, max, shit taste m80
>>
>>64622312
kek
>>
FUCK THIS GUY HE'S CREEPY AND UGLY AS SHIT
>>
>>64620384
scripts can be changed and edited by the director without him getting additional writing credit.
>>
>>64616614
I love the way he says something like "you dont need to say shes hot because actresses usually are attractive unless the character isn't supposed to be".

...So you can say a character is ugly but not ultra hot? Nice Max.
>>
>>64616614
But how would you describe say Alexandra Daddario's character from Season 1 of True Detective without using those words?
>>
has he ever commented on his father murdering those kids?

max's career is basically built on his father's, which is built on murder

max's scripts are written with blood on his hands
>>
>>64616614
No. Look at the film Chloe. Title character is a crazy hot bitch.
>>
>>64617195
I've been looking for a word or phrase to sum up tumblr discrimination instead of ingrained societal discrimination. I feel like pop culture politics is a good one for example 2015 has seen a rise in people bitching on and on about females in tv and film so now we have all these stronk womyn, (which are in my opinoin more sexist) but there is genuine misogyny in the world in which women are treated less like women and more like dogs, but oh wait no one gives a fuck becuase 'MUH BLACK WIDOW' or whatever the fuck
>>
>>64617195
Japan

Dumby.

Middle east is bad because arabs have shit genetics and low IQ
>>
go back to reddit cuckmeister
you're cancer killing this board
>>
>>64617195
All i got from this is that Id be intriuged what someone of half inuit half hutu decent ended up looking like...
>>
>>64617184
>you can't be sexist against men because patriarchy
>misandry isn't real, only a misogynist would think it is
Feminism 101
>>
>>64616614
Yes. Only a beta not getting any would waste space talking about how hot a girl is.
>>
>>64617628

Can I suck your dick? I'm straight though ;^)
>>
>being attracted to women is sexist
fuck off, cucks
>>
>>64616614
>liking a woman is hating women.
This is was regressive leftists actually believe.
Don't have opinions.
Opinions hurt feelings.
Hurt feelings are bad.
Don't hurt feelings.
Don't say things unless everyone around you is ok with what you say.
Don't object to this.
This is not an opinion.
This is fact.
Dissent will not be tolerated.
>>
>>64616614
He's talking about writing scripts
>>
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/bbc-america-douglas-adams-dirk-gentlys-holistic-detective-agency-1201674933/
>>
>>64616948
i spit my coffee out of my mouth. top kek good sir. but damn rude as fuck
>>
>>64616614
"Her body is perfect" is the first line of Max Landis' Frankenstein script. He proceeds to describe her as "beautiful".
>>
>>64617195
So are you implying that there are objective moral values?
>>
>>64627507
Hey reddit
>>
>>64627531
It's more about clichés that are harmful in scripts, though perfect body is just as bad.
>>
Max is flamboyant but not in a overtly homosexual way, /tv/ should be lapping this up, why do you hate him?
>>
Is masturbating to fictional characters hateful of women?
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.