[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the /tv/ consensus on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Sicario.jpg (3 MB, 1350x2000) Image search: [Google]
Sicario.jpg
3 MB, 1350x2000
What was the /tv/ consensus on this?
>>
The operator scenes were great.
>>
>>64615094
It was great, but a middling script.
>>
>>64615094
Every scene with Emily Blunt was great. Benicio and Brolin were trash, however.
>>
>>64615094
It was cool and a fun movie. Better movie than most of the other bullshit movies that were in theaters over break.
>>
Jeffery Donovan needs more film roles.
>>
Best operator movie in a while
But still an operator movie
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 720x438
>>64615179
>Benicio scenes were trash
>>
Buddy of mine described it as the True Detective season 2 everyone wanted, but didn't get. I don't entirely disagree.
>>
visually great. pedestrian performances.
>>
It was a lot different from what I expected, but in a good way. I expected some story about a squad of Americans shooting cartel guys and saving the day. Wasn't expecting all the political commentary.
>>
I don't want to see this movie being called anything LESS than a masterpiece. You faggots make 1000 Star Wars threads a day, then have nerve to speak like you have a respectable opinion when it comes to film.
>>
Overrated. Tired of

"oh no it's immorally wrong but necessary!" plots.
>>
>>64615748
>if it's in a movie then the movie is endorsing it
The movie doesn't claim the events that unfold are "necessary" it just unfolds the events, you child.
>>
>>64615763

That guy probably also thought Wolf of Wall Street was a celebration of that lifestyle.
>>
>>64615744
Calm down autist. There's people who don't like star wars and THIS movie as well. This movie was mediocre, looking good was only its solid point.
>>
>>64615838
This place makes no sense to me. So many scattered opinions, it's impossible to use them in real life. /tv/ has no collective soul.
>>
>>64615799
Aha but it clearly was. You cant have a entire build up on the premise and point to the last five mintues and go SEE ITS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF THE LIFESTYLE ITS JUST HOW WE ENTERTAINED YOU FOR THE PAST TWO FUCKING HOURS. look at scarface, people watch it thinking thats an endorsement. The average person is a moron. Like you, for example.
>>
>>64615982

You really think Scorcese made Wolf to show how awesome those guys were? I mean a lot of the movie was funny, but I never felt like I wanted to be the guys in it. I get that from some movies, but that just wasn't one of them.
>>
>>64616053
No, not his intention, but a repurcussion of his over indulgent style and the content of the film. You never wanted to be a handsome millionaire doing blow and fucking hotties? You're in the minority.
>>
Why didn't she shoot him?
>>
>>64616218
She wasn't a wolf
>>
>>64616187

:3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1cK4bP4AcI

I honestly found myself more drawn to what Leo's character in The Departed did. I do get what you're saying about the way he made Wolf of Wall Street. His direction certainly sympathized more with the main characters than felt fitting at times, for me. But shit like when they're shaving the head of one of the ladies who worked for them, and stuff like that just put me off. Maybe it's having a daughter that changes your views on stuff like that.
>>
>>64616307
Fair point. I mean, people can watch American History X and believe it condones racism regardless of the directors intetions.. Night night anon.
>>
>>64615094
Best film of the year, but that wasn't hard with its shitty competition.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.