[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why did Prometheus kill the humans?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3
File: Prometheus .png (744 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus .png
744 KB, 1024x576
So why did Prometheus kill the humans?
>>
>>64586346

They didnt get to bring friends
>>
>>64586346

Nobody really fucking knows.
They clearly travelled the stars going from world to work sacrificing their DNA to populate life and them get all pissed off when life occurs
>>
File: 1449281712379.jpg (68 KB, 660x605) Image search: [Google]
1449281712379.jpg
68 KB, 660x605
>>64586346
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7CChfYoO_I
>>
>>64586346
idk
I would too if some ugly little manlet shits pretended to speak english aka chinese/mexicans/blacks/pollocks
>>
>>64586394
It's because they sent one of their own 2000 or so years ago, and humans put him up on a cross and sacrificed him.

I thought that was referenced in the movie.
>>
>>64586346

He wanted to take over the ship and fly off to who knows where, he calculated the humans to be an obstacle so he killed them and then went to fly the ship away.

He doesnt' care about the humans beyond the fact that they're in the way.
>>
This isn't going to become a meme, OP
>>
>>64586346
He was infected with the alien juice and was in cryo sleep waiting for a cure. They essentially killed him.
>>
>>64586346
He was from reddit. Probably.
>>
he was not a morning person
>>
>>64586548
Nah
David spoke to him
He could have told them to get off his fuckin ship but he didn't and killed them because he saw them as pests and wanted to set off the bioweapons on earth
>>
>>64586460

umm definitely not ok

mods?
>>
The old man was arrogant, and the fake human was an abomination.
>>
>>64586521
So the Bible left out the part where Christ was a 9 foot tall Albino
>>
>>64586715
It also left out the part that explains it's all superstitious bullshit.
>>
>>64586603

Well that's sort of what I meant.

They are so beneath him he wouldn't take the effort to ask them to leave the ship, he would just kill them like flies.
>>
>>64586346
In the original draft of the script, Prometheus asks if humans understand how small they are. David responded by saying there are more galaxies in the known universe than there are grains of sand on Earth. Upon hearing the word sand, the maker is visibily upset and begins to breakdown. Before ripping David in half he mumbles something in his language about his hatred of earth particles.
>>
>>64586346
Because the Jews killed Jesus Christ
Who was apparently an Engineer who was sent here to guide us.
>>
>>64586794
kek
>>
>>64586794
Lol
Fuck you I believed it for a second
>>
>>64586715
Yeah, two thousand years of transliteration will do that.
>>
Inferior.

We are the Neanderthals & they aren't sexual deviants.
>>
>>64586800
That... doesn't make any sense.

Why would a peaceful species (Jebus was all about non-violence, to the point of dying for it and shit) go into a murderous rage like that in 2 seconds flat?
>>
This movie was fucking retarded. It becomes much more complexly retarded the more you think about it.
>>
>>64586765
>>64586859
>>64586521

Lmao you guys are the worst

You guys pull shit out if your ass from a deleted scene and for years and years we still get this hurr durr it was all about ancient aliens man

No fuck you it wasn't. It wasn't explained in the movie. Its called plot holes or over indulgence depending your stance on ridley Scott. And because I know we're gonna get into it in a little. Scott should be the one to eat this and be blamed for this dumb movie because he is the director not some hack writer
>>
>>64587072
If you couldn't into the obvious religious symbolism during the film it's nobody's fault but your own.
>>
>>64587072
>Written by Damon Lindelof

I don't know why I was ever hyped for Prometheus, I have seen LOST. Prometheus is LOST the movie, some cool ideas that fizzled out and never led anywhere, and a bunch of unanswered questions.
>>
>>64587072

If it wasn't in the movie then how do we all know about it?
>>
>>64587128
>obvious
Come on son. It was more like fanfic. In the movie it was nonexistent
>>
>>64587205
>fanfic
>DUDE WHY SHOULD I USE WORDS CORRECTLY!? I WOULD JUST THROW THEM AROUND
>>
>>64587249
I WILL JUST THROW *
>>
>>64587072
>because he is the director not some hack writer

But all you've criticised is the writing?
>>
>>64586346

Why did they only bring one robot person anyway? Why not have all the exploring done by the robots while the human crew observed from the ship?

It seemed like a lot of the tragedies on the mission were due to human incompetence, while the robot performed perfectly at everything.

Also, noomi met her creator and it killed a bunch of them. Why would she want to go to a planet full of them? Did she plan on infecting them with goop? Did she want to crash the ship into the planet with no survivors? Surely they would shoot down and destroy that ship before it even got close.
>>
>>64587274
Except when the robot goes around infecting people with black goo.
>>
Why did David poison Holloway?

Did he just want to see how a human would react to the goo?
>>
>>64587316
He was helping the human to fulfill his dream.
>>
>>64587316

I think Weyland told him to.
>>
>>64587316
yes
>>
>>64587274
>Why would she want to go to a planet full of them?

She wanted to find out what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>64586346
they weren't white enough
>>
>>64586578
this real?
>>
>>64587336
Of being set on fire?
>>
It was clearly in response to David telling Prometheus that the old man wanted to live forever.

Humans were just one of Prometheus' many creations and none of his creations are supposed to live past a certain point.
>>
>>64587316
Holloway wanted to see how a human would react.
He also said he would do anything and everything to get answers to his questions.
David helped him to get his answers.
Source: http://io9.gizmodo.com/5917448/all-of-your-lingering-prometheus-questions-answered
>>
>>64586939
I guess they really like Jesus and was really piss for lost.
>>
>>64587406
Someone needed to get that hothead outta there.
>>
>>64587249
Because that's where all this shit started coming from it was just fan theory and speculation trying to explain so many plotholes
>>
>>64587448
Pissed off for his lost.
>>
>>64587406
lol I laughed
>>
>>64587274
The robot tech wasn't far along enough. He really shouldn't even have been on that ship. The old man created him and thought highly of his creation, so he brought him along. It also works well with the poetry of the a creator creating a creation that creates.
>>
>>64586607
Fuck off reddit
>>
>>64586607
gtfo nigger
>>
File: RightSaidFred.jpg (18 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
RightSaidFred.jpg
18 KB, 615x409
>>64586346

Obviously he thought he was too sexy for us.
>>
>be a retard who thinks of himself as a fucking genius
>don't understand Prometheus
>"movie was bad! made no sense! plot holes! explain everything to mee!"

idiots
>>
>>64586794

Lmao 10/10
>>
>>64586346
Because we're the monsters, duh.
>>
>>64587862
I loved the movie, but I still want the parts that were left out to be revealed in the sequel.
>>
>>64586607
gr8 b8 m8
>>
He-he-he jussst didn't WIKE THEM.

How bout this-there is no fucking reason. Maybe senile old Ridley or that hack lindelof had some inkling of that conflict or it was left out in editing, but as the movie stands, there's no indication as to why the engineer reacts that way. If you're going to enjoy this terrible
Movie go ahead and do so, but don't try and legitimize it with desperate speculation.
>>
>>64586346
again?

IT WAS HIS JOB FROM THE VERY BEGINNING!

Those ships were for destroying the science projects they created eons earlier, and when he woke up he realized that these people slated for extermination were right there in front of them with technology to travelt he stars to find him, which made them a threat to the plan.

I thought it was obvious.
>>
>>64588505
Or maybe, just maybe, ou should go to another thread.
>>
>>64587444
Or that the humans had created the robot
>>
>>64588728
>he doesn't understand that no thread on /tv/ is about the thing itself, only the people watching.
>>
He woke up and found himself surrounded by screaming monkeys who had escaped from the galactic zoo.
>>
>>64588817
Yeah, we all know you are retard.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.