[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats with all the cameos............
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: tbs_1-sht_teaser.jpg (863 KB, 750x1110) Image search: [Google]
tbs_1-sht_teaser.jpg
863 KB, 750x1110
whats with all the cameos............
>>
Listen to the terry gross interview with Adam McKay. He thought it was a neat concept for the people that provide us with entertainment to also teach us things
>>
>>64564308
This movie was pretty fun. I remember when there were a dozen documentaries on the 2008 collapse. I guess it takes 7+ years for Hollywood to take complex marco economics and repackage it in a way for laymen to understand.
>>
File: 1444971294282.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1444971294282.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>64564308
>tfw you had internship interviews with Ernst and young and Goldman Sachs to work in mortgage backed securities but you had no prior experience so they decided not to go with you

m. maybe next year then
>>
>>64564409
What a condescending twat.
>>
>>64564740
shaking my head to be honest
>>
File: campbell-in-Spider-Man.jpg (121 KB, 1280x962) Image search: [Google]
campbell-in-Spider-Man.jpg
121 KB, 1280x962
>>64564308
Here's King of Cameos Bruce Campbell to 'splain things:
>>
>>64564409
>>64564740
I usually dislike VO, breaking the fourth wall and little intermissions but it helped explain the terminology to a dum dum like me.
>>
>water
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>64565624
what they meant to say was "food"
>>
>>64564308
>The Big Short
>130 minutes
THAT'S NOT A SHORT, THAT'S A FILM YOU FUCKING HACK
>>
>>64566717
>The BIG Short
>BIG
READING COMPREHENSION MUCH?
>>
>>64564409
And then they say, dude don't be prejudiced, just because the guys used to make shitty B-movie comedies doesn't mean he can't make a great deep serious film if he wanted to. Fuck them. I really hated this movie.
>>
File: 1452129783804.png (266 KB, 538x539) Image search: [Google]
1452129783804.png
266 KB, 538x539
>>64564308

>Le bankers are evil
>Le people who are smarter than you shouldn't have money
>Le blame everyone but me

>Le Selena Gomez here to explain
>Le Margot "The Fridge" Robbie in a bubble bath

5/10 - At least Gosling was somewhat entertaining
>>
>>64564308
And the Best Cameo of 2015 in a Film goes to... Selena Gomez explaining synthetic CDOs!
>>
>>64567020
> I really hated this movie.
why
>>
>>64568015
First of all for it's intended purpose, "educational economics for rednecks"... it has nothing to do with art.. it's a crypto-documentary. And secondly, all main actors are hacks and posers. Pitt, Bale, Goose, Carrell -- embarrassing to watch them do something profound.
>>
>>64567021
>>64568015
>"I'm scared people will blame immigrants and poor people for this" "And they did"

This is so stupid, nobody blamed migrants or poor people for this, just Bush. Freaking liberals
>>
>>64564308
they were there to keep the attention of your average pleb, because his small mind can't comprehend all those economics and banking terms
>>
>>64568667
Understood. Not OP but I wonder if >>64568354
has a good point. It felt like it would have done better as a Netflix hour and half movie. If those explanations are so necessary doesnt it say something about the weak screenplay?

I think they could have either focused on 1) a single character like Carrel or deleted the Pitt and two shitters.
>>
Just saw this today and I hated it.

Was way too cluttered with storylines. The intermissions and 4th wall breaking totally ruined the flow of the story, would just stop the story in it's tracks to explain things that the screenwriter wasn't smart enough to explain in a better way.

Gosling was just playing Leo in Wolf Of Wall Street. Pitt was annoying and self-righteous. Bale was just autism and shot pretty much all of his scenes in one office. Carrell was Michael Scott with a swearing problem and his voice sounded stupid.

This movie was really frustrating and I hated it. The only glimmer in this pile of shit was how they portrayed the actual crash at the end.
>>
>>64569649
>Was way too cluttered with storyline

This. It made everything feel so rushed.

>Steve Carrell's character has come to terms with the suicide of his brother out of nowhere
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.