[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spotlight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: MOTY.jpg (22 KB, 296x444) Image search: [Google]
MOTY.jpg
22 KB, 296x444
CHRISTIANITY

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT
>>
Catholicism BTFO*
>>
>>64558425
>only Catholic priests rape people
Yeah, no
>>
>>64558398
Journalism, not cinema.

David Simon sends his regards.
>>
>>64558398
This was a pretty mediocre flick to be desu, familia.
>>
File: the pope.jpg (233 KB, 940x705) Image search: [Google]
the pope.jpg
233 KB, 940x705
>>64558425

This.

As a kid I grew up going to catholic and "christian" churches and schools. There is a distinct difference between the two. Christians take what Jesus said and try to live by it. Catholics have built an order based on what Jesus said. The difference is Catholics revere the order, not the words. They're more interested in the pomp and circumstance of being Catholic instead of doing what was said.

That is how children were hurt. They created a class of aristocracy, priests, bishops and cardinals, who felt they were above it all and who thought they could get away with anything.
>>
File: 3457347357.jpg (101 KB, 378x567) Image search: [Google]
3457347357.jpg
101 KB, 378x567
I think it's worth recognizing that all those abuses happen in lower numbers than Protestant churches, Muslim mosques, and Secular institutions. Cover ups abound as well:

http://prospect.org/article/next-christian-sex-abuse-scandal

http://www.themediareport.com/2013/10/02/evangelical-sex-abuse-worse-than-catholic-church/

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2010/08/09/now-we-have-real-evidence-%E2%80%93-sexual-abuse-is-not-a-%E2%80%98catholic-problem%E2%80%99/

http://www.catholiceducation.org/en/controversy/common-misconceptions/9-myths-about-priestly-pedophilia.html

http://www.awkwardmomentsbible.com/shocking-pastors-on-the-prowl/

http://www.themediareport.com/fast-facts/

http://shoebat.com/2014/05/06/sexual-abuse-protestant-churches-catholic/

http://www.christiancentury.org/article/2013-10/evangelicals-worse-catholics-sexual-abuse

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/has-media-ignored-sex-abuse-in-school/

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/forgotten-study-abuse-in-school-100-times-worse-than-by-priests
>>
>>64558488
indeed
most rape is done by atheists
>>
>>64558697
>As a kid I grew up going to catholic and "christian" churches and schools. There is a distinct difference between the two

lol. Dude, Chatolicism is literally a branch of Christianity. The second most essential after Orthodoxy.
>>
>>64558990
And here we have a typical athiest that has no clue what he's talking about
>>
>>64558697
i went to a church of england (lmao not really religion) primary school and would get made to leave every assembly (every morning we'd have to sing hymns) because i'd refuse to sing

i was quite the young fedora tipper. now i'm agnostic
>>
>>64559048
I'm actually an Eastern Orthodox.
>>
The vast majority of Christians in the world are Catholics. By orders of magnitude. Catholicism is the Church founded by Christ and the rest are heretics and schismatics. There is only one path that encompasses the fullness of salvation, and it is found in Roman Catholicism.

Getting upset about priests who molested children at a rate of 100x less than public school teachers is mudslinging and also the Donatist heresy. Go to hell, do not pass go.
>>
File: 225.jpg (36 KB, 445x370) Image search: [Google]
225.jpg
36 KB, 445x370
say what you will but i really, really enjoyed this film

went into it with a cynical mindset, expecting to get worthless oscar bait, but the editing, direction, acting, and writing were great
>>
I always thought Catholics were pretty normal people with a broken system that allows rapists to be priests.
Christians are the psychopaths who stop you on the street and tell you you're going to hell
>>
>>64558398
Jews and Masons invaded the church long ago
>>
The U.S. has developed negative attitudes toward Christians largely as a result of Evangelical retards, who don't even represent a wide swath of Christianity.

Reminder that Catholicism NEVER supported creationism, biblical inerrancy, etc. You can find Catholics from the 200s AD saying Genesis was a metaphor and that only Jews took it literally.

Creationism, the rapture, etc. were invented by Pr*testants in the 19th century and early 1900s
>>
>>64558697
It's literally the opposite though when done right. The Catholic Church is an institution but it teaches to follow Jesus's message and not to take events in the Bible literally. Only Protestant heathens believe that every myth in The Bible is some historical account and every little rule is direct from God.
>>
>>64559341

>Book of Revelations

.written in 1900s

I don't think so.
>>
>>64559358
Catholics are the ones who put the Bible together for one. If it is indeed the Word of God, it is because Catholics said it is.

This is because if you actually read the Bible, you find that Jesus left a CHURCH, not a book. The Bible mentions priests forgiving sins, bishops, deacons, etc. Nowhere does it mention Pastor Bob building megachurches to put his own spin on things or reading the Bible out of context of the Catholic Church's teachings.
>>
>>64559211
Try again, CathCuck. Orthodoxy is the closest to the original teaching of Christ.
>>
>>64559424
False, Orthodoxy is a schismatic heresy. You all pretend like you're so traditional but the facts state otherwise. Abortion rates in Ortho countries. The gates of Hell literally prevailed against your church with Muslims appointing bishops and LITERALLY every seminary closed under the USSR. God was telling you something.

1 Clement demonstrates papal authority. You broke away from the Vicar. You will go to hell if you know this and willingly decide to be hipstery with your hipster church.
>>
>>64559358
Jesus didn't teach people to tithe their income to the church or eat him daily. He also didn't say anything about regular confession.
>>
File: 1439001596091.jpg (86 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1439001596091.jpg
86 KB, 900x900
>It's a Spotlight thread
>Take Me To Church starts playing
>>
>>64558697
that sculpture is metal as fuck
>>
File: 1448603565953.jpg (98 KB, 517x961) Image search: [Google]
1448603565953.jpg
98 KB, 517x961
>>64559617
Pic related, Catholic don't tithe, and John 20 would have a word with you about confession

BTFO LOL
>>
>>64559701
>john
So not jesus.
>>
>>64559715
Are you literally stupid? Did you know that John wrote the Gospel?

>Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”
>>
>>64559211
>Getting upset about priests who molested children at a rate of 100x less than public school teachers
>600% of school teachers molest children
>>
>>64559846
>not knowing how math works
I'm so sorry anon
>>
>>64558990
Catholicism is 'the' Church, the original sect of Christianity. It is the most essential of the Christian sects, as all else derived from it or reacted to it. Eastern Orthodoxy came about as a breakaway from the Roman Catholic Church, the Schism, hence the name 'Eastern' Orthodox (centered in the eastern Byzantine capital of the empire). The Protestant denominations (Calvinism, Lutheran, Anglican, Baptist, etc) were all breakaways from the Catholic church throughout history.

Catholicism is technically the 'true' orthodoxy of Christianity, with all else being a response to it.
>>
>>64559875
>added shit to the creed without a council and then called the rest heretics
>not the schismatics
>>
>>64559701
orthodox here, we believe the bread was symbolic, not literally his body
>>
>>64559974
orthodox here, we believe it's a divine mystery and it is literally His body and blood
>>
>>64559869
>the school teachers that molest children do so roughly once every 2-3 weeks
better?
>>
>>64558398
Hollywoods goal is to bring down the Christian white male by demoralization
>>
>>64558697

I went to catholic schools run by nuns, mind you all my childhood. Other than the mandatory "religious studies" class once a week in which we were supposed to pray once or twice but were never forced to it was pretty much a secular school.
>>
>>64559875
>Catholicism is 'the' Church, the original sect of Christianity. It is the most essential of the Christian sects, as all else derived from it or reacted to it. Eastern Orthodoxy came about as a breakaway from the Roman Catholic Church, the Schism, hence the name 'Eastern' Orthodox (centered in the eastern Byzantine capital of the empire).

This is completely wrong. Orthodox Christianity is the original form of Christianity. The Western Church gradually broke away from the original tenets of Christianity, adding and changing things as they saw fit until the combination of the filioque and the decline of the Byzantine Empire led to a formal split.
>>
>>64558488
The important issue at heart here is that the Catholic church had institutionalized molestation: the Vatican created a policy to relocated priests whose action created controversy in their respective diocese (communities), and had an extensive legal network to deal with accusation quietly.

A group of perverts is one thing, but a group of perverts with an effective PR and Legal team with near-unlimited funding is something else .
>>
>>64560188
Eastern Orthodoxy is a conservative sect of Christianity (hence orthodox) that created the schism. The original 'form' of Christianity is an organized church stemming from the leadership of Saint Peter, the Pope.

Again, the Roman Catholic Church (No one calls it the Western Church) is "The" Church. Just because a group disagreed with its reforms does not make it lose its status as the originator.
>>
>>64558697
mostly interested in whats going on with that baller ass sculpture. Where is that?
>>
>>64560027
what kind of orthodox are you, anon

Greek orthodox here
>>
>>64560601
oca
>>
This is why I hate gimmicky flicks like this. They distract the attention from the film's intrinsic cinematic quality with their clickbait topics and people end up believing they saw a great deep movie.
>>
>>64559751
I think hes going the route since jesus didn't actually write anything, the bible is just a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>64558488
Lol yes, all those protestant "priests" out there, watch your children around them
>>
Did anyone else think this film just wasn't that compelling? It felt like a particularly good HBO movie, not the revelation it was purported to be. Sure you might get a supporting actor nod from someone, but it didn't feel standout insofar as "people in button down shirts investigate institutional corruptions" goes.
>>
ITT: Protestants that won't be saved trying to pretend their false sect of Christianity is just as prevelant and true to the creed of Christ as the original Catholic Church.

Either convert or burn with the Jews, Muslims, and atheists. Your choice.
>>
>>64558398
>liberals feel good about shitting on church for the millionth time
>ignore islam completely

so brave
>>
>>64559216
Tom McCarthy really redeemed himself after The Cobbler
>>
Who /SouthernBaptist/ here?
>>
DAE felt like the score was ridiculously out of place. The movie was so straightforward and "cinema-verite", with no beating around bush aesthetic gimmicks, and then comes that cheesy in your face theatrical music.
>>
>>64559393
please point to the passage in Rev about the rapture pls
>>
>>64562167
there's no money or affluence in islam. The only thing they lie about is being a religion of peace.

The foundation of islam is, also, not taking money from poor people.
>>
File: deacons.jpg (21 KB, 290x388) Image search: [Google]
deacons.jpg
21 KB, 290x388
>>64558398
>>64558857
Did we watch the same movie? The problem was clearly in the Catholic archdiocese. In the
Church of Latter-Day Saints, we don't hold with any of that boy-diddling. Get educated, children.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.