[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>inb4 /sp/ I wanna talk about a very /tv/ related aspect of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9
File: 608.jpg (55 KB, 608x341) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
55 KB, 608x341
>inb4 /sp/
I wanna talk about a very /tv/ related aspect of American pro sports, especially the NFL:

How scripted is this shit?

(pic related: Bears won this game in GB, an almost complete impossibility)
>>
It wouldnt be hard to pull off. Youd only have to get the 32 owners on board and then you could vet any new owners before approving them. Why wouldnt the NFL be scripted? Reality TV is
>>
I believe it is scripted only to the point where superstar teams with a lot of talent who would probably win anyway are given easier schedules.
I think this will be proven when Peyton Manning is not suspended for life despite taking illegal drugs.
>>
I wish Jay Cutler would just live up to his potential again. The season where he took us to the Conference game was fucking great. The dude is off most of the time but when he is on, he is fucking ON.
He is one of the bigger busts in NFL QB history, if not for Rex Grossman he would certainly be the most disappointing performance by a Bears QB
>>
>>64552983
Schedules are decided years in advance.
>>
>>64553040
Grossman went to the superbowl though
>>
>literally confirmed for never having played sports

Sometimes you just win you're shit, and sometimes you just lose, especially against certain teams for whatever dynamic is at play.
>>
>>64552983
This may be true, and could explain the Panther's near undefeated season. Maybe the league was told they need a black QB MVP to keep getting Jewbux from NBC and FOX
>>
Scripted as fuck. No way Rodgers doesn't like men.
>>
>>64552895
Oh sure. And get entire coaching staffs, refs and 1600 players mostly ghetto nig apes to keep they're mouths shut...
>>
>>64552983
Change superstar to high-market and I agree
>>
Follow the redskins in the post-season, if they get to Carolina in the NFC championship, and win they are claimed the under-dog Cinderella story of the year

>The last thing the NFL wants is a Redskins vs. Chiefs Super Bowl for their 50th celebration of the championship, could you imagine 90,000 people in warpaint and headdresses coming to the game, b/c thats what'll happen.

I forgot who wrote that bit but meh truth.
>>
It's not scripted so much as guided. Higher revenue teams will get more friendly officiating then lower revenue teams. Think about it, why would the NFL have the Dolphins in the playoffs when they could have the Patriots or the Jets in every year and make way more money.
>>
>>64553340
Oh god. I never realized how much I wanted this until just now.
>>
>>64553299
No, look at the schedule. Panthers schedule was ridiculously easy this year. They lost Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams, and Greg Hardy and somehow improved to 15 - 1. You would only have to get the schedule makers on board, and possibly a few bigshot owners like Kraft
>>
>>64553340
This needs to happen just so we see the endless butthurt from SJWs
>>
>Harbowl

Enough said.
>>
>>64553118
Home or away games just got released last week though
>>
>>64553426
Seriously. The story lines that year and the year after were just too good. I think they realized it was getting obvious and took it down a notch last year. Now theyre being more subtle with the black QB MVP thing
>>
>>64553340

>redskins beating the panthers

famdango you got a gas leak in your house or somethin
>>
No it's not scripted but most people do take banned substances.
>>
who /giants/ here?
>>
>>64553424
Their schedule was really easy this year but they also have the best linebacker in the game and a top 5 QB. It's hard to blame them for going 15-1 when they play in the worst division in football.
>>
>>64552983
You're an idiot. The schedules are coordinated the same each year.

6 games against division rivals.
4 games against another conference division
4 games against opposing conference division
2 games against same conference teams who finished same place in their division

Take my hometown Seahawks, for instance. This year they played the NFC North and the AFC North. So their schedule is:

6 games against NFCW (Arizona, St. Louis, San Fran)
4 games against NFCN (Green Bay, Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit)
4 games against AFCN (Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati)
2 Games against non-NFCN (NFCS, NFCE) 1st place finishers, since the Seahawks won the NFCW last year (Carolina, Dallas).

They rotate divisions each year. So next year the Seahawks will play the NFCE and AFCE, as well as the NFCN #2 (Green Bay) and the NFCS #2 (Tampa Bay).

There's literally a formula for it. To say it's fixed/scripted is kind of obvious, retard.
>>
>>64553468
That's determined by record. What outside division you play is decided years in advanced. Only two games a year are decided by the previous year. 6 interdivision games, 8 outer divsiom games and 2 decided by schedule.
>>
>>64553490
If the NFL is scripted then no, not really, have you been paying attention to the thread? Skins were horrible team, then beat Packers, Cardinals, and Panthers, if it's scripted then this will happen, b/c more people watch when cinderella stories happen, same thing in NCAA basketball tournament, millions more watch when a 10-15 seed is in the final four.
>>
>>64552983
>I think this will be proven when Peyton Manning is not suspended for life despite taking illegal drugs.

homie they all take HGH, at the very least, and everyone in the league knows that. There's a reason it's "banned" but not tested for.
>>
>>64553598
By record* not schedule.
>>
>>64552785
I thought hand oval in saftey clothing players were supposed to be huge, these guys look average, and the guy on the left looks haggard as hell
>>
>every failing nfl team gets first pick in draft
>this makes everything fair with no dominant teams

That sounds pretty scripted to me desu.
>>
>>64553570
Cam Newton has never been close to top 5 before this year
>>
>>64553664
those are qbs. The gigantors are usually linesmen.

>>64553677
It's actually a decent effort at team parity.
>>
>>64553677
Best players come from the 2nd and 3rd round anyway. It's actually rare to find a great talent in the 1st. 1st round picks are overrated and I think the Seahawks have proven that.
>>
>>64553714
He's not even a top 5 passer. Not taking anything away from him but his legs elevate his game a ton.
>>
>>64553714
>What is development?

>>64553777
Nice trips

You don't have to be a top 5 passer to be successful in football. He's an elite player in the league even if his legs do elevate his game.
>>
File: sexy rexy.jpg (185 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
sexy rexy.jpg
185 KB, 400x395
>>64553120
not thanks to him, if anything the defense had to drag his sorry ass every game, Sexy Rexy is still da man tho
>>
Yes it is scripted.

See: Pittsburgh Steelers.

Black head coach. They snuck in by going around the white qb/white wr combo of the jets. Big Ben will get injured in the playoffs and Michael Vick will come in to backup. They will face the Panthers with Mexican/black coach/qb combo vs black coach/qb combo. Jews win again
>>
>>64553734
>1st round picks are overrated

They haven't been for the Raiders, of recent.

Really depends on the coaching, but 1st-rounders tend to be over-evaluated to a fault.
>>
>>64553849
I agree. I think he deserve MVP.
>>
>>64553860
Mike Vick tore his acl or something retard. Tomlin has also been one of the best coaches in the league for quite some time.
>>
>>64553872
I should have said anything after the first 5-10 picks are overrated depending on the draft class.
>>
>>64553872
1st picks are mostly decent players but there's no reliable way to predict if a player will spill spaghetti once he reaches the big leagues
>>
>>64553930
Fair enough.
>>
>>64553969
>there's no reliable way to predict if a player will spill spaghetti once he reaches the big leagues

This is true. If teams could predict such things, it'd save a lot of heartache.
>>
>>64553969
Also 1st picks usually end up in dumpster fire teams and they have no opportunity to improve, so basically they end up being damaged goods.
>>
question, how much of /tv/ also regularly posts on /sp/?

Also, is Joe Flacco
ELITE?
L
I
T
E
?
>>
>>64554018
Unless you tank on purpose like the colts did to get Luck. Painter was not the best QB on the team after Manning left.
>>
>>64554084
I actually gave /sp/ up after it became filled with rampant tripfaggotry. Is Joe Flacco elite is an elite meme.
>>
>>64552785

>delusional fudgerpacker fans are still dumpsterfire tier over thanksgiving owl

No worries I really really like women, we won't share your secret
>>
>>64553860
The jets have a black head coach and 75% of the team is black faggot
>>
>>64553372
>>64553425
Fucking. This.

I would cream my pants just watching twitter and the media blow up. I might even make a twitter account if that happened. Sweet jesus the asshurt would be one long, perfect, 4.5 hour orgasm. I forget who the halftime performer is, but I'm sure they'd make some faggot political statement which would suck. Is it Coldplay or did I just make that up? If it's them, they'd say some truly cucked PC shit.
>>
>>64553926
Ya I was mainly shitposting. Tomlin is one of the GOAT coaches, but it is suspicious how they snuck around the Jets who were knocked off by Rex Ryan's suddenly competent Bills. And while I think Cam will get MVP this year, DeAngelo Williams has to be in the conversation
>>
File: 1432408850035.jpg (195 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
1432408850035.jpg
195 KB, 1334x750
>>64554084
I go there for gamethreads but other than that not so much. I'm just sad I can't post my waifu during Eagles games anymore. I guess there is always the playoff games.
>>
>>64554276
>Eagles
https://youtu.be/nDrKPLaWHTA
>>
>>64554387
kek, Snoop is a fantasy fag
>>
File: 5834953495346346.jpg (10 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
5834953495346346.jpg
10 KB, 300x169
>>64554387
>chip kelly kill yoself
>>
>>64554145
https://twitter.com/RTSportsTalk/status/682407005156409346
>>
>>64554220
I don't think so. Say what you want about Rex Ryan but guys like to play for him and he is a legitimately good defensive coach. The Jets still only had Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB.

I'd put DeAngelo Williams in the comeback player category as I think a lot of his success has to do with Antonio Brown. Not to take away anything that DeAngelo Williams did this year though.
>>
>>64552785

The only instances of scripting, (as a lifelong NFL fan) that I think I could give some credence to is when the refs start giving a team calls when they're down by a lot of points and it's looking like a blowout low rating shitshow

I'm a Packers fan and our losses at Lambeau this year were due to an absolutely terrible offense, it's not impossible at all
>>
OP is a fucking retard

It was not an "almost complete impossibility." If you've actually watched the Packers play this year you would know they're a shell of their former team without Jordy nelson. No one can get fucking open since there's no downfield threat so Aaron has nowhere to throw the fucking ball. The Bears came to play since their season was pretty much over anyway and they were playing the Packers at Lambeau on Thanksgiving night in front of a national television audience

The NBA is scripted, the NFL is not
>>
>>64553570
>NFL
>easy
>>
>>64552785
>(pic related: Bears won this game in GB, an almost complete impossibility)
Rodgers fag on suicide watch
>>
Why are amerifats so commie when it comes with handegg?
>>
>>64553849
>scam newton
>elite
>>
The only thing "fixed" about the NFL is that the Jests will inevitably find a way to break their fan's hearts every fucking season.
>>
>>64555110

>Losing to the bills

There is a hell, and it is in hearts of every Jests fan
>>
>>64555110
Jets face their spited old coach in the last game of the season. Win and in. Bills somehow beat them.
>not fixed
>>
>>64553576
No no no. It's the jews redditard.
>>
Nothing unscripted has ever been aired on tv
>>
>>64555110
>>64555179
>>64555250
The Jets suck and their QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick. If anything was fixed it was that they won more than two games in the first place.
>>
>>64554986
In respect to the rest of the NFL the NFC South was an easy division. Not trying to take anything away from the Panthers because I think they are a legitimately good team just maybe a bit overrated.

>>64555047
It's really not debatable. Stats don't lie. Top 5 QB on PFF ahead of Rodgers, Brees, Carr, Rivers and Taylor this season.
>>
If the NFL were scripted, we would only have large market teams being dominant.
>>
File: MJ smiling.gif (958 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
MJ smiling.gif
958 KB, 500x273
>tfw my team has won an Owl in my lifetime
>>
File: SlickWilly.jpg (304 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
SlickWilly.jpg
304 KB, 1280x800
>mfw it's a Texans BTFO of the Chiefs
>mfw it's a Texans-Redskins Superb Owl
>>
There is only one constant in the NFL, and that is that Eli Manning is Elite.
>>
>>64555344
>derel revis
>antonio cromartie
>brandon marshall
>eric decker
Are u serious? Jim Tomsula could win with that team
>>
>>64555351
>It's really not debatable.
Just you wait anon. He'll get injured and become just another mediocre QB people pick up in fantasy drafts in as a third backup in round 10.

JUST WAIT ANON I CAN FEEL IT
>>
>>64555410
Tell me about Bill, why does he wear the sax?
>>
Not watching college football instead.
>>
>>64555418

>Old with exploding knees
>Old and fifty kids by 49 different women so his essence is depleted
>Old and literally retarded
>Has AIDS

You're just proving the Jets cheated my friend.
>>
>fudge packers
>>
>>64555508
I watch both like a real man.
>>
>>64555508
Well, college football ends next Monday.
>>
>>64555508
Defense is too shitty
>>
>>64555554
hgh
>>
>>64552785
There's a small amount of bias in in-game officiating and a huge amount in "supplemental discipline" (big fines, suspensions, etc.). It's especially bad in basketball, better in baseball and football. Hockey is too much of a clusterfuck rules-wise to really compare to anything else.
That's it. You have to consider how competitive and egotistical most of the owners are.
>>
File: image.jpg (439 KB, 2000x1425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
439 KB, 2000x1425
>>64555555
Also
>>
>>64555555
>>
>>64555351
Stats absolutely lie
>Brady
>Rodgers
>Rapelesburger
>Wilson
>Eli Manning
>Flacco
>Peyton Manning
>Carr
>
>
>
>
>Newton
This list is not debatable
>>
>>64555482
Because he's wondering why someone wouldn't play a jazz sax solo before throwing someone out of a plane
>>
>>64555606
>PeyPey even listed
>>
>>64555554
>>64555555
>>
>foot
>ball

Fucking Americans
>>
>>64555647
It's new and improved Anabolic Peyton
>>
>Eli "Derrrrp INT" Manning
>Joe "Captain Check Down" Flacco
>Peyton "Old Man" Manning

I can see an argument for Carr over Newton. The top 4 are right.
>>
>>64555709

It is played upon foot

I suggest you learn a bit about history before revealing your own ignorance
>>
>>64555709
>man
>lets

Fucking foreigners
>>
>>64555751
>Eli "Dos Ringos" Manning
>Captain Joe "Superbowl Champ" Flacco
>Peyton "Record Breaker Steroid Shaker" Manning
>Cameron "Blank Load Shootin" Newton
>>
>>64555709
Foot as in a unit of measurement. There are 3 of them in a yard, which is the unit used to measure gains.

It's very American you Yuro fruit
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.