[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alien Abduction Movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14
File: Communion_book_cover.jpg (34 KB, 313x510) Image search: [Google]
Communion_book_cover.jpg
34 KB, 313x510
Why isn't "Alien Abduction" a more popular horror subgenre?

I've read a few "alleged" alien abduction stories and they sound absolutely terrifying.
>>
File: Drilling_Mulder.jpg (107 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Drilling_Mulder.jpg
107 KB, 852x480
Because it's so cliched and overplayed it's almost impossible to make it feel fresh.

X-Files has a handful of incredible abductions though. The Duane Barry airplane one and the Mulder's particularly stand out in my memory.
>>
ayy lmao
>>
>>64529794

same reason jews are never portrayed in a negative light
>>
>>64530940

Because movies don't pander to half retarded /pol/ trash?
>>
>>64531000
altought he is out of context, is true
>>
>>64529794
>inb4 Communion peek scene

Most alium movies in the past tried to rip-off Aliens or invasion flicks and today's culture kinda lost the abduction thing.

UFOlogy in the internet age is retarded banter about spacelizards or demons while greys became a one note ayy lmao joke. It's sad.
>>
>>64531666

The whole UFO thing died after 9/11 when we realized we had real problems and the government conspiracy shit got too real to be fun any more
>>
>>64531000
>people have different political views from me so they must be retarded
>>
>>64531876
>9/11

listen, this part is very important

>implying the sky wasn't full of saucers that day

now this is where things get interesting

>implying you can see even one photo of the craft that hit the pentagon

just think about that for a minute.
>>
File: 1451310829562.png (321 KB, 546x697) Image search: [Google]
1451310829562.png
321 KB, 546x697
>>64531990
>reptilians
>demons
>a political view

dear me.
>>
The scene from fire in the sky(?) with the needle in the eye is the only thing I've ever seen that truly horrified me.
>>
ayy lmaos aren't scary
>>
Something like >>64531666
I miss a good abduction movie. The last good one I saw was the short from VHS 2. There is the Fourth Kind "based on a true story" movie, where none of it is true and it ultimately sucks and makes no sense.

Close Encounter, Fire in the Sky and Communion seem to be the only good ones I can think of. The last two are good as abduction movies, not great movies.
>>
>>64532331
Communion isn't actually good, though.
>>
>>64532604
Yes I implied that.
>>
>>64532331
Intruders (1992), based on the Budd Hopkins books was pretty spoopy. It's made for TV, but pretty alright, holds up really well, I really recommend it, if you haven't seen it.

There's also the UFO Incident from '75, about the Hill case, very old-school with cheap effects, but sometimes creepy in a very comfy way. It's hard to explain.
>>
>>64529794
That's because they're literally bad dreams. It's an altered state experience.
>>
>>64529794
Fire in the sky is pretty hardcore despite the abduction sequences being nothing remotely how the man who's story it is based off of.
>>
File: abduct 27.jpg (342 KB, 1600x1025) Image search: [Google]
abduct 27.jpg
342 KB, 1600x1025
>>64532745
>tfw my bad dreams are seen by my logger buddies
>tfw my bad dreams scare four grown men out of the woods
>tfw my bad dreams hide me from the world for five days

altered states suck.
>>
>>64532331

It seems like such a wasted opportunity dosen't it? You read about all the stories that these poor people experienced and you'd think that it would translate well to film eh?
>>
ayyy
>>
This thread is incredibly relevant to me right now. Need all the spoopy alien movies you can give me.
>>
>>64532104
you don't know shit about ayys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeQPIs96Kak
>>
>>64533036
Here's a quick trip, m8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK7Herd8pAs
>>
>>64532971
There is some type of shared delusions, yes. I believe there is a level of telepathy as I've experienced a brief flash of it once with my bros. Yeah it sounds like bullshit but it was just 100% legit. Aliens are some sort of mind meme.
>>
>>64533095
This is neat, and plenty of related videos to check out. Thanks, bud.
>>
>>64532971
Go on. Let's get /x/ in here

What's that fake abduction video? Scared the shit out of md
>>
What's the name of the 'real' footage of aliens attacking a family in their home? Theres like a birthday party or something and then aliens show up. I remember it being pretty long but i watched it when i was a kid so i could be making most of this up
>>
>>64529794
Why don't we have a single movie that follows the aliens POV ?
>>
>>64533223
>>64533230

Incident in Lake County, or "The McPherson"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUPqnOlvZk
>>
>>64533319
literally went to get the link and I come back and its posted, this spooped me
>>
>>64533319
Watched this when i was little and it scared the shit out of me
>>
>>64533319
Mcpherson TAPE, I mean. Fuck.

>>64533287
I don't know, but I had a dream like that a few nights ago. I was flying over my street in saucer, planing to take myself away. Didn't really make sense, but that's dreams for you.

>>64533353
Spoopy synchronity, eh?
>>
>>64533353
>>64533377
About to go to bed, ready for some spoops, does it still hold up today?
>>
>>64533410
low budget, but still pretty effective
>>
>>64533410
Apart from The Fourth Kind and the X-Files stuff it's the least creepy mentioned here I think.
>>
>>64533410
The last time i watched it was when i was a kid. I have a feeling it's probably not as good as I remember. I'd be interested to know if it's worth a watch desu
>>
>>64533030
If I recall: I don't think the people of the Alaskan town had any UFO stories. I think they took a town with an above average number of missing persons cases and just said "UFOs, true story, bring money." I can't find any stories from supposed abductees in Nome.

Honestly the greys were my biggest fear as a child. A product of the late 80's, pretty much everything UFO based we've mentioned here had come out or was about to. Ghost and monsters were silly: but greys could be out there. Grew up in the hey-day of grey alien fiction.

But these kids and their ayy lamos crack me up with their space weed and squinting
>>
>>64533405
it wasn't a dream
>>
>>64533491
>>64533410
Its not too spoopy but it is entertaining enough, I like it more than the fourth kind
>>
File: toomuch.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
toomuch.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
>>64533095

The fuck did I just watch?
>>
>>64533319
I prefer the remake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnmzlqzkUFg&list=PLDBBA22E2CBD8FBEA
After seeing the so called "experts" comments and the intro credits i thought it was real until the ending
>>
Oh hell yeah the McPherson Tape. Good watch, well done for the time. I like to remember it as "The abduction movie framed around "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner""
>>
I've seen a UFO before. I remember looking at it and feeling the most intense feeling of sheer terror and horror as I gazed upon it. It was the worst feeling in the world, like being scared beyond imagination... can't really describe it. Kinda like going down a roller coaster or being weightless briefly but mingled with indescribable levels of feelings of dread and terror. It was also emitting a very strange mechanical sounding pitch that I've never heard before. I assume this was the thing that was scaring me so much. This whole experience lasted about 10 seconds I believe, but it felt like hours...

The thing looked like your typical saucer btw and I remember it glowing faintly and was a dull orange colour.

Seriously remembering this gives me the chills and I swear I'm not making this up. The only place I've felt comfortable sharing the experience I had is on 4chan. Figures.

Oh and also I was 12 when this happened, it happened outside of London Ontario in a horse camp during the summer. It was late and I had left my tent to go urinate in the bushes When I looked up and saw it.

After it happened I literally went screaming back to my tent and passed out, was so scared and stressed. I acted out terribly for the rest of the month too, was so angry and stressed and scared and anxious that id see the thing again. Ended up being sent home. Had nightmares for years, I still freak out sometimes remembering it in the dark like I am now, but I basically deal with it mentally by pretending it was something I imagined and treating it like a joke, because honestly nothing really else happened to me like this so I doubt I'll ever have to experience the terrible feeling of sheer terror again. Fuck aliens, they're real btw.

I swear on my goddamn life I am making none is this up either. Lol.
>>
>>64533525
I wasn't sleeping at home or even near my street when I dreamt it (?), though.

>>64533600
[wink]
>>
>>64533521

Yeah I can relate, back in the mid 90's there was a bunch of UFO documentaries on the science fiction channel. I would always watch them because they came on before Star Trek and other shows, some of them were just complete NOPE-tier. I was affraid but I kept watching them because I wanted to know more I guess.
>>
>>64533678
Do not start an intergalactic incident. If you see an alien: high five it.
>>
>>64533678
How close would you say it got to you ?
>>
>>64532021

it was a small scale guided missile. that's fairly common knowledge.
>>
>>64533678
I'm jealous. Why these things don't happen to me?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vufUyWlupFA
>>
File: Thor.jpg (42 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Thor.jpg
42 KB, 1024x576
GOOLD?
>>
I'd just like to say that Out of the Blue is the best documentary on aliens I've ever seen and it's on netflix
>>
>>64533712
>>64533712
Hell yeah. I recall Discovery Channel would sometimes stop playing documentaries for a bit of UFO stories. Then you hear the wrong story and you're left awake half a night.
>>
File: Humanoid Species Explained.jpg (1 MB, 1544x2390) Image search: [Google]
Humanoid Species Explained.jpg
1 MB, 1544x2390
Protip: Earth is encased in a holographic representation of an uninhabited universe.

Our alien overlords do this to keep us from discovering intergalactic civilization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetarium_hypothesis

This preserves us as a farm for harvesting loosh generated by human suffering.
>>
>>64533960
/x/ go home. You're sober.
>>
>>64533818
Hard to say but it was past the trees so at least 40 feet.
>>64533847
The feeling I experienced was not natural, the ship was definitely doing something to my head. Trust me I wish it never happened. At least I know aliens exist, but it's really pointless knowledge, can't prove anything and talking about it just makes you look dumb.
>>
>>64533678
>This whole experience lasted about 10 seconds I believe, but it felt like hours...

It's not impossible that it was a full on abduction but you only remember some moments of it, that's why it was such a traumatic memory.

Take it easy, though, no reason to stress yourself about it. If it's a real thing, it happened to a shitload of people (maybe every one of us, but y'know, misissing memories and whatnot) without causing much or any harm. It's scary as fuck but there's no real danger.
>>
>>64533960
no one invited you /x/
>>
Might want to give Wavelength a try. It's a bit dated, but I love the ending.
>>
>>64533678
>>64534041

so 40 feet above you?
>>
>>64534090
!

Started watching it a few times in the past month, but I keep falling asleep on it. Thanks for the reminder, though.
>>
>>64533930
>Then you hear the wrong story and you're left awake half a night.

Yeah there was a few times where 11 year old me just decided it would be better to play video games all night instead of going to bed. Come to think of it, I'm glad I remember that.
>>
>>64534101
No, like at an angle. I was looking ahead of me. It was fairly close which is why I'm saying 40 feet.>>64534075
I don't remember blacking out I remember freaking out after it flew off past the trees and then passing out in my tent. Plus I had no marks and shit that abductees usually have. Thanks for the kind words anon
>>
>>64533678
Sorry to tell you but you were molested with a vibrator in the ass.
>>
>>64533847
I'm sure your uncle touched you but you haven't screened this memory with an alien abduction so you're just a classic pedo now.
>>
Check out NASA's unexplained files, pretty good new series.
>>
>>64533036
>>
File: HOTHEAD.jpg (62 KB, 450x671) Image search: [Google]
HOTHEAD.jpg
62 KB, 450x671
>>64534615
Haha, get that plot outta here.
>>
>>64534692
>>
>>64534692
>>64534760

I like how the audience laughs out loud at Stan's stories and media during his speeches, yet still sort of plays along with him as if out of politeness. Not a potent hoaxer, but a likable and entertaining guy for sure.
>>
>>64534760
>>
>>64534090
Fuck yeah this nigga knows whats up. Cherry Currie AND Robert Carradine? Nobody can pass that up
>>
File: 1439786433755.gif (2 MB, 495x259) Image search: [Google]
1439786433755.gif
2 MB, 495x259
>>64534857
I think they understand that he's bringing lightheartedness to it. He cracks jokes, they laugh. Not that hard to get
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIhnqkXWSR8
The .gifs and webms made with this are some of the funniest shit I have seen on this website. Past that, this is what you're asking for, stop.
>>
>>64533960
A friend of mine had a theory that the reason greys look so human is because they are in fact evolved humans from the future.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.