[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Z Nation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: get.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Everywhere they go everyone dies. Black chick is fuck worthy and I liked the Z Weed idea.
>>
>>64519724
It's a good show for the most part. They wrote themselves to a corner with Murphy I feel, but quickly took him a notch or two down.

Well written too and the Hyams directed episodes (like the farm episode where they compete for the .50 cal) are fucking good.

>Z-Weed.
They do fuck around a lot with concept of zombies and world ending and it leads to pretty unique episodes. No spinning wheels here.

Warren is hot as hell
>>
File: aXpNKy6_700b.jpg (20 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
aXpNKy6_700b.jpg
20 KB, 384x384
Why not white chick?
>>
How is this different from The Walking Dead?

I tend to stay from zombie movies/series, because there's isn't really many interesting options that haven't already been used in the genre.

It's always the same, run, shoot them in the head, somebody was infected, but is hiding from everyone else, jumpscares etc...
>>
>>64520541
>How is this different from The Walking Dead?
It's actually made by competent staff that knows how you write characters and don't spend half the season spinning your wheels. Meaning deaths here matter and feel.

You can marginalize everything by the way, just referring to your last sentence.

I recommend watching season 1, it's pretty good overall.

Season 2 is bit off the marks for me, but that's just because I have issue with one of the more important characters and how he was written.
>>
>>64520541
It doesnt take itself too seriously and actually explores and plays with the concept. Its pretty fun and likeable characters. Unlike TWD that is a drama and should rely on characters...
>>
I have noticed that they reuse a lot of the weapons like the rifle from season 1 episode 1 used by the special forces guy reappears all the time with the same exact setup.
>>
>>64520432
White chick too
>>
>>64520635
The thing about TWD is that the comics were meant to be full of TOTALLY unexpected (often horrific) deaths. If you haven't read the comic, just think of all the ones in the show which are relatively tame in comparison. He wanted to break from the formula and try to be a bit more realistic.

IIRC his original plan was to have Rick die in the first issue.

They should have taken more from the comics than they did. Really the only thing I liked that they threw in was the Daryl/Merl thing, which is funny because most people would probably stop watching the second they kill Daryl.

Anyways, I watched the first season of Z-Nation and it was surprisingly not totally shit, but beyond that I just haven't had the time and would probably rather rewatch others if I did. It comes off as a bit lazy to me, apart from the semi-originality that they played with in the first few ep's.
>>
>>64523053
Z-Nation is original enough for me and it's well written and some, esp. Hyams' episodes are well directed.
>>
>>64519724
do you know where i can download season 2?
>>
>>64520432
i remember when she joined that feminist group
>>
>>64523053

>meaning deaths here matter and feel

Nobody fucking dies on Z nation though for the deaths to matter and feel.

Don't get me wrong I like the show but it does a horrendous job of killing characters or even making you think they will die.

I hope the last episode is 10k killing his 9999th zombie and then dying. It'd only be fitting.
>>
>>64525474
Yeah I'd tend to agree with you. Idk what that guy was going on about. Sure, there's plenty of meaningless death in TWD (gotta get those red-shirt kills in), but they certainly get meaningful deaths in often killing off several developed characters each season

Z-nation really doesn't have enough of a cast/budget to kill off characters as often as a zombie/post apoc show should. Also, I'm not a sap for every big-budget POS, but Z-nations piss-poor budget definitely shows in nearly every aspect of the show. I figured I'd try it out, but after the first ep I really only watched it to humor my die-hard sci-fi channel dad.
>>
This show is great. Season 2 was better than anything The Walking Dead has done in it's entire history.

It's fun, it has a great cast, and there's no drama worthy soap opera bullshit.

Also Doc is the man.
>>
>>64525474

>Nobody dies

Someone major has died every season. Do you even watch the show?
>>
>>64526135

The only major death the show has ever had is Mack.

Neither Hammond or Cassandra count as major.
>>
>>64526029
Fucking piece of shit retard, you dont watch the show apparently.

>Who is Garnett
>>
>>64526269
was for >>64526216
>>
>>64526269

Oh right him. He was such a boring character I completely forgot about him.

Ok then yea, I'll give you that. They do kill off major characters or put them in mortal danger *occasionally*.
>>
>>64526697
i didnt ask for you to give me shit you fucking narcissist
>>
>>64526983

If I could give you a beer or something I would. You seem like you've had a very bad day and I'm sorry for that.

I hope you find something to do that helps you unwind and release all that anger.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.