[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a positive aspect of this film other than the score. I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
Name a positive aspect of this film other than the score.

I'll wait.
>>
Jango Fett. The Clones. Obi playing detective. The opening chase. The ending. Christopher Lee. Tusken Slaughter. Confession scene. Death Sticks.

And what does TPM having in comparison? A duel and a pod race. Only plebs rank it higher.
>>
>>64518342
Ewan
Obi's detective subplot
the fight against jango
Temura Morrison
the sound design
>>
>>64519519
Everything about 1 was better, Liam Neeson just by himself made it better than episode 2.
>>
Portman's midriff
>>
>>64519596
Nonsense. Ewan is fantastic in AOTC, and more than makes up for the loss of Liam. TPM has a convoluted and meandering plot. AOTC has a fun mysterious plot and actually ties to the rest of the saga.
>>
>>64519650
>Portman's midriff

This is about it.

Well, the clone war stuff minus the Jedi shenanigans was pretty cool too.
https://youtu.be/zDnY7S7z-cU
>>
Padme chained to a pole.
>>
>>64519650
This
>>
>>64518342

literally everything about this movie except the anakin/padme love story is amazingly good. Granted that takes up like 45 minutes but this movie is still criminally underrated
>>
The designs of pretty much everything
>>
>>64519519
>Christopher Lee

this is the only thing worth mentioning.
>>
>>64518342
I liked Yoda using spinning, and (like the other prequels) there were some cool ship designs. I was asleep for about half of it, though.
>>
>>64519855
Whatever you say reddit.
>>
>>64519553
This plus Kamino looked pretty cool and getting to see some more of Coruscant was nice as well. Also, AOTC's score sucked.
>>
>>64519835
This. It would've been a very good movie if it was the 1st one in the trilogy (TPM feels detached from the rest) and focused more on Obi Wan and Anakin rather than Anakin and Padme. Also Dooku deserved to be fleshed out more
>>
Its hilarious to laugh about now
>>
>>64518342
Hershlag's midriff
>>
>>64519835
The score is generally forgettable and the acting/dialogue is horrifically bad, save for Lee and McDiarmid who are able to deliver Lucas' terrible dialogue in the best way possible. The plot is pants-on-head retarded and the whole movie feels disjointed. This movie deserves the hate that it gets.

Still feels more like a genuine SW film than TFA, though.
>>
>>64519835
Seriously this.
>>
>>64520152
The score is forgettable? Across the Stars is fantastic. The acting was horrifically bad in TPM, minus the fun and excitement. What is retarded about the plot? It's a mystery with some holes in it, but it's better than what was presented in TPM and is at least somewhat compelling. And sure it deserves some hate, but not any more than TPM.
>>
When Anakin confesses that he killed the Tuskan Raiders.

>I killed them all.
>Not just men, but the women, and the children.
>I slaughtered them like animals.
>>
>>64519519
>>64519669
AotC is UNDENIABLY the worst Star Wars flick BY FAR. It's 2½ hours of:
>"I haven't seen Padmé in 10 years since I was 9. I've thought about her every day. "
>"I've been having premonitions of my mother suffering and needing my help, I'd much rather dream about Padmé."
>"She turned the security cameras off, she didn't like me watching her..."
>"Anakin stop looking at me like that. It makes me uncomfortable. "
>"I wish I could just wish away my feelings! I can't breathe, if you feel the same way PLEASE tell me! "
>"I massacred a whole village, Padmé! Even the children! And I'm not sorry! I hate them!!" "That's okay, to be angry is to be human."
Epic romance, George.
>>
>>64520748
So once again you've proven that the only issue with the film is the romance. How is TPM superior with Jar Jar's goofball comedy and characters with zero depth to them?
>>
>>64520295
Aside from Jar Jar and some occasionally really bad acting by Jake Lloyd, TPM is infinitely superior to AOTC.

Better score
Better villain
Palpatine has more screentime
Dialogue/acting isn't nearly as horrible
No hamfisted cringeworthy love scenes (mostly)
No godawful Hayden Christensen
Score is 5 million times better (name one memorable theme from AOTC other than Across the Stars)
Based Liam Neeson

And it just *feels* way more like a comfy SW movie. Sure, the plot is convoluted and delves too much into politics for some, but AOTC's retarded clone army plot is even worse. I do like some aspects of AOTC, I just think it's the worst prequel, by far.
>>
>>64520945
>No godawful Hayden Christensen

Name one actor who could have played a better young brooding Darth Vader.
>>
>>64520945
> Better score
Across the Stars makes this a wash

> Better Villain?
More iconic, but not "better"

> Palpatine has more screen time
I'll concede that point

> Dialogue/acting isn't nearly as horrible
Actually, it very much is, and the characters have no depth or life to them

> No hamfisted cringeworthy love scenes (mostly)
No, but you have the Jar Jar Binks variety hour in place of it.

> No Hayden
Yes, thankfully we had Jake Loyd's Brando esq performance.

> Based Neeson
Based Ewan

That "retarded clone army plot" is actually interesting compared to blockades and space politics. It also ties into the OT.

Keep trying.
>>
>>64521224
James Dean.
>>
Tbh I thought that everything apart from Anakin and Padmé's scenes were good. Kamino, Jango, and the clones are all cool. So is just about everything on Geonosis, especially that final battle.
>>
>>64521337
He was dead long before AotC casting began
>>
>>64520891
Jar Jar only has a few scenes and isn't the focus of the damn movie. Qui Gon is a jedi master who disobeys the council when he has to, and is not allowed on the council because of it. Obi-Wan plays by the rules and argues with his master. Queen Amidala is young and naïve and in over her head with her planet's crisis. Anakin struggles with leaving his mother behind on Tattooine and almost chooses to stay with her. The characters are not incredibly deep, but they do have some qualities.
>>
>>64518342
Thinking about this the other day, was I. Some redeeming quality about them like the music or the imagery, all the other prequel movies have, but nothing, clones has. Nothing good about it, there is. Anything to write home about, not even the score is. And the stuff, bad, that is, is really bad. Ever seen, it is probably one of the worst big budget movies I have. Herh herh herh.
>>
That scene where Dooku has Obi Wan captured, and he tells Obi Wan the truth about a Sith Lord controlling the senate, and Obi Wan not believing him.
>>
>>64518342
>Jango
>Ewan McGregor's mullet
>Geonosis battle
>Clone troopers rounding up, with Palpatine looking over them
>>
>>64518342
Fett, Obi-Wan
>>
Just the big battle is more interesting than the fucking podrace.
>>
>>64521410
I like TPM, but the characters, especially in AOTC are far more fleshed out. Of course the dialogue doesn't do them any favors, but it didn't in TPM either - "Are you an angel?"

There's real depth and emotion. Anakin loses his mom, he fucking turns into Elliot Roger in the Lars garage. He berates Obi Wan when Padme falls off the gunship and nearly turns his back completely on the Jedi Order right then and there.

Yeah, movies got problems, but it has a pulse and a life to it.
>>
>>64521585
Thanks, RLM.
>>
>>64521764
A lot of things were working for AOTC compared to TPM, I'll say
>>
>>64521764
>Anakin loses his mom, he fucking turns into Elliot Roger in the Lars garage.
So this is what Kylo Ren will finish. Massacre the sandpeople.
>>
>>64519519
Agreed. Attack of the Clones was awful, but at least it wasn't Jar Jar Binks, stupid jesus kid doing death defying cute bullshit, characters who have nothing to do, soul less saber fights awful.
>>
>>64518342
that tall bug-girl cloner was kind of hot

Plus seismic charges played well on the big movie theater screen.

And that's pretty much it
>>
>unrealistic love story

Anakin mind tricked Padme into loving him, you stupid plebbitors.
Do we have to spoon feed you every little detail?
>>
>>64519789
Fuck yeah this. When I was a kid I used to have wet dreams of her tied to the pole.
>>
>>64519519
>Death Sticks
kek
>>
The motherfucking SOUND DESIGN.

Tell me you didn't get chills when this happened:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erFcYsC6JaY
>>
File: 1426043734897.jpg (117 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1426043734897.jpg
117 KB, 720x960
>this thread

What a bunch of fucking contrarians
>>
>>64518342
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA
Watch that then look back at them
>>
scene where Anakin kills all the dune coons
>>
I just fucking love the prequel movies. The story of Anakin falling to the Dark Side and becoming Darth Vader is heartbreaking.
>>
>>64522275
I used to hate these movies, but then I realized how much of that shit was out of his control, and how conflicted he must have been (even since).

I like the OT more, but the PT really adds depth to Vader's character.
>>
this scene. In addition to sparking dat adventure spirit, it continues obi-wan's story right where it left off, and the next scene goes right into his interrogation with dooku.

also, Kamino and kaminoans, jango fight and arena before jedis show up
>>
The poster is the best of the prequels.
>>
>>64522404
I Agree. This scene is my favourite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfevBIsVG1o
>>
The acting in these newer movies isn't the best but this shit makes me feel sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buyflmtHcHc
>>
>>64521224
Hayden probably could've been perfectly serviceable if not for George's awful dialogue and direction. We'll never know, though.

>>64521230
>Across the Stars makes this a wash

Nah, Across the Stars is ok, but it's really nothing that special. Just a melodramatic, cliche love theme, really. I can name 5 or 6 things from TPM's score that are better off the top of my head.

>More iconic, but not "better"

The fact that he's more iconic means they must've done something right, if nothing else than "make him look cool".

>Actually, it very much is, and the characters have no depth or life to them

Are you trying to say that AOTC is chock full of stellar character development or something? The first 15 minutes of the movie has more godawful cringeworthy dialogue than the entirety of TPM.

>No, but you have the Jar Jar Binks variety hour in place of it.

True. I'll still take Jar Jar, though.

>Yes, thankfully we had Jake Loyd's Brando esq performance.

For a child actor, he wasn't that bad, and some of the worst parts were due to Lucas' dialogue. But I already admitted he wasn't great.

>Based Ewan

Not more based than Liam, and I like Ewan McGregor. Other than McDiarmid, Christopher Lee and Terence Stamp, Neeson's basically the only actor in the prequels with the chops to pull off Lucas' shitty dialogue.
>>
>>64523161
> Space Opera
>>
>>64522029
Those seismic charges were pretty awesome when I rewatched AOTC recently in my home theater. It's not a good movie but it's got its moments. Visually and aurally, especially.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 822x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 822x700
>>64523219
>Just a melodramatic, cliche love theme, really.
>he didn't get it
>my image.jpg when
>>
>>64523219
Cliche love theme? You are trying way too hard here. Dooku is the better character because he has a charm about him, and his character actually has depth and purpose. Dialogue does not negate anything I said. While it may not be kind on the ears the dialogue serves to exactly flesh out the characters and makes them real people and not just one-dimensional archetypes. You'll take Jar Jar because you're bitter and brainwashed by the zeitgeist of our time. The romance isn't that bad within the context of the film. I didn't say he was "more" based just that he is able to steady the ship, just like Liam did for TPM.

Keep trying.
>>
>>64523441
>The romance isn't that bad within the context of the film.
I'd go further and say I actually really like the romance.

i'm not trolling.
>>
>>64523441
Ewan's not based enough to salvage the trainwreck that is AOTC, anon, sorry.

>You'll take Jar Jar because you're bitter and brainwashed by the zeitgeist of our time.

You're overthinking this; I actually just like the movie, despite its flaws. It's a fun movie.

My opinion on the score stands; name one memorable theme from AOTC other than the cliche, uninteresting (but admittedly memorable) Across the Stars.
>>
File: OST.jpg (96 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
OST.jpg
96 KB, 700x700
>>64523557
I never thought I'd adore a couple as much as I do Padme and Anakin. This music is just so beautiful and fits their story so well, with happiness and love and passion and strength, yet just fills you with a slight feeling of dread and tragedy and fear. It just hits the exact right notes to make it so beautiful and yet just slightly sorrowful, with what is to come.
>>
>>64523646
>cliche, uninteresting (but admittedly memorable) Across the Stars.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>64523667
the fireplace scene is one of my favorite SW scenes
>>
>>64523646
Bounty Hunter's Pursuit.

I know all the music in the OT from exposure (not just the films, but video games too) and I know all the music in the PT from exposure (same situation). All the films had maybe two songs that stuck in my head after I saw them.

Although I remember some of the music because of the video games the most. Particularly Yoda and the Younglings, since it was in a really comfy Jedi Outcast map.
>>
>>64523786
>Yoda and the Younglings
GOAT background tune.
>>
I want to stick my dick in Natalie's Port, man.
>>
>>64523646
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8UMpptrwC4
>>
>>64523686
>stops reading...at the end of the post.
:_:
>>
>>64518342
>No Darth Maul
Imagine if they brought back that faggot Marty Stu neckbeard daydream?
>>
There literally isn't one. The score is superb and everything else is vile, this is one of the worst movies ever made.

It wasn't even good in an unintentional comedy manner like ROTS was.
>>
>>64523719
It's only good because Portman is squirming in her super uncomfortable BSDM inspired outfit.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.