[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
So there are two of these movies and a book.

Which of the three are worth watching/reading and in which order?
>>
>>64505248
I liked the Daniel Craig version and I don't know how to read.
>>
>>64505248
American film is the best.

The Swedish one is made for tv stuff. It's not that bad but it's not good.

The books are alright but super trashy.
>>
Noomi Rapace one is superior, no question.
>>
I can't remember who it was who played Lisabeth Salander in the Fincher version, but something seemed a bit off to her performance. Can't quite put my finger on what it was. An almost robotic interpretation of that character.
>>
>>64505353
Yeah it was like a lego character
>>
Fincher always chooses the most artistic people for his films
>>
Neither, both flicks and book trilogy are the ultimate redditcore
>>
>>64505248
Fincher makes the Swedish version look like a television film.
>>
>>64505775

more of a television flick tbqh
>>
>>64505248
Book 1 is OK (once you get past the self-insert heroic journalist), books 2 and 3 are talking heads endlessly blurting out exposition and author's (often paranoid) views while the plot becomes increasingly cartoonish - if it's intended to be a parody it goes overboard with the cackling villains and unlikely revelations.

Both film versions of the first book are OK, the American one is actually better as it rearranges some of the events for a more cohesive narrative, plus does some necessary trimming to the plot. Also, American version of Lisbeth is probably more book-faithful, the Swedish version is a bit too close to the usual "bad girl".

Of course, there are only Swedish versions of books 2 and 3, in fact better than the books because they have less talking head monologues, but still too much to be truly good.
>>
>>64506051

is it true that in the books the main villain is an evil Nazi white guy who rapes poor PoC immigrant girls, I was told that since it's hilarious how in Sweden in real life the actual opposite is happening regularly
>>
File: 1451898418328.jpg (58 KB, 479x400) Image search: [Google]
1451898418328.jpg
58 KB, 479x400
>>64505353
>I can't remember who it was who played Lisabeth Salander in the Fincher version
Anon please.
>>
>>64506368

>he doesn't even appreciate meme subtlety
>>
>>64505290
I read Noomi Rapeface
>>
>>64505248
Only good things related to Stieg Larsson's terrible airport novels is the Fincher adaptation of the first book which was reasonably grounded.

She takes a 9mm or 45mm to the fucking frontal lobe in third or seconjd book and gets buried and SURVIVES LOL
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.