[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was it always night and raining?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: BLADE-RUNNER-HARRISON-FORD.jpg (58 KB, 1023x690) Image search: [Google]
BLADE-RUNNER-HARRISON-FORD.jpg
58 KB, 1023x690
Why was it always night and raining?
>>
>>64502764
Because future weather/climate/atmosphere. Next question.
>>
why is it always boring as shit
>>
Los Angeles, 2019
>>
Pollution and stuff probably. What makes this film so good is that it leaves shit like that up to the imagination of it's audience.

I also like how it hints at a massive asian migration sometime in the past.
>>
>>64502834
Either that, or Deckard was just hanging out in chinatown a lot.
>>
>>64502859
Deckard having a predilection for Asian prostitutes is definitely the canon explanation.
>>
>>64502899
Why would an android be programmed to have sexual desires?
>>
File: Dick_HighCastle_BradeRunnah.jpg (2 MB, 1471x2296) Image search: [Google]
Dick_HighCastle_BradeRunnah.jpg
2 MB, 1471x2296
>>64502834
>>64502859
>>64502899

There's also a lot of German and Hungarian if you listen closely.

Clearly, Blade Runner is set in the same universe as The Man in the High Castle.
>>
>>64502834
That't not exactly far fetched because Asians are immigrating in bigger numbers than Mexicans. Mexicans are actually going home in droves.
>>
>>64502967
>Mexicans are actually going home in droves.

good. fuck those dirty beaners
>>
>>64502834
One theory in the book is that everyone is an android because there was a Great War that people only vaguely remember and what life was like before (among other reason)
I think the fact that everyone was asian was supposed to capture the vague backstory to the whole universe in the book
>>
>>64503046
The asians coming over are generally more educated though and they actually do 'take ourr jerbs.'
>>
>>64502764
Vaporwave
>>
>>64502764
because it was a film noir

ffs. please remember. These are films. not real life
>>
File: ohhello.gif (789 KB, 247x166) Image search: [Google]
ohhello.gif
789 KB, 247x166
>>64502953
>>
>>64502930
I don't know, but he certainly desired Rachel.
>>
because ridley scott wanted it that way. nex t?????
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.