[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marco Polo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Marco_Polo_3_embed.jpg (650 KB, 648x959) Image search: [Google]
Marco_Polo_3_embed.jpg
650 KB, 648x959
Anyone watch this show or the 1982 version? I'm trying to decide between which version to watch. I'm mostly interested in the mongol empire in general.

If anyone knows a series/documentary that focuses on mostly Ghengis, or more specifically Subutai and jebe I'd love to know
>>
>>64502366

He's a big guy.
>>
Jesus christ. Try reading a book for once.
>>
The Netflix show is entertaining, Kublai is the best part and Marco is easily the worst.
>>
>>64502398
Ok. Any recommendations?
>>
>>64502418
watch the netflix series
>>
>mongol empire

Watch Tuntematon Sotilas (1955)
>>
>>64502366
If you want anything based anywhere near fact don't watch this. It was fucking terrible and I had high hopes for it.
>>
Netflix one is pretty good, shame it's so underated, it's funny because people were hyping it up for it's diversity, then they didn't actually watch it, typical

>>64502402
Pretty much this
>>
>>64503067
>mongol empire
>watch movie about war between finnish and soviets
why
>>
File: Mongol_poster[1].jpg (54 KB, 498x700) Image search: [Google]
Mongol_poster[1].jpg
54 KB, 498x700
>tfw no sequel
>>
File: dugin.jpg (31 KB, 298x413) Image search: [Google]
dugin.jpg
31 KB, 298x413
>>64503233

It was going to be a sequel. Those Russians need to whip up their cooky Eurasianists to fund the next two films, those goofs love Genghis.
>>
File: suomi mies karva lakki.jpg (32 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
suomi mies karva lakki.jpg
32 KB, 600x450
>>64503126
>>64503126
that's the joke

a meme as you may
>>
>>64503288

It was going to be a trilogy*

Fuck I'm tired.
>>
WHERE IS MY LATIN
>>
Michelle Yeoh coming to Season 2. Mite B Cool.
>>
>>64503103

What didn't you like?

>It was fucking terrible

I just can't imagine someone having such a strong opinion on MP one way or the other. I watched it over the course of two days and basically forgot the whole thing after, very few moments of note for me.
>>
>>64503288
Why do the russians of all people love genghis? I really don't get it
>>
File: cover_wolf_of_the_plains.jpg (75 KB, 265x407) Image search: [Google]
cover_wolf_of_the_plains.jpg
75 KB, 265x407
>>64502418
Pic related. It isn't high class literature and history wise it's quite a bit off at times (still way better than that netflix series of course). But if you are interested in mongol culture and how these people might have perceived life it's most definitely worth it.
Subutai is introduced in the second book and becomes a prominent side character. Jebe the third book, but there isn't much focus on him besides that one.
>>
>>64503881
I'll check them out. Appreciate the advice m8
>>
File: Gerasimovs_Ivan_IV_Groznyy.jpg (165 KB, 800x1164) Image search: [Google]
Gerasimovs_Ivan_IV_Groznyy.jpg
165 KB, 800x1164
>>64503621

He taught Moscow how build and keep an empire.
>>
>>64503455
Not that Anon, but the series is closer to fantasy than history and it gets very jarring at times. I remember when Marco shows the Khan how to make trebuchets, completely ignoring how the mongols had gotten a hold of this level of siege tech way before Kublai. I couldn't even watch the rest after that. It's a long time since I watched it all but I remember noticing moments like this from start to finish.

And it really was a shame, because the sets were awesome and the guy playing Kublai fitted the role really well I think.

>>64503931
You are most welcome.
>>
>>64504061
>I remember when Marco shows the Khan how to make trebuchets
Does this shit actually happen? weow
>>
>>64504061
>teaching the mongols how to siege
Might as well teach the fish how to swim, too.
>>
I'm on episode 2 of Marco Polo right now.

Do they ever stop this shaky camera shit? I notice it like crazy on still shots of someone talking but the camera is still just wobbling like mad
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.