[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In 100 years this man will be as famous and respected as Mozart.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: John_Williams.jpg (785 KB, 1144x1400) Image search: [Google]
John_Williams.jpg
785 KB, 1144x1400
In 100 years this man will be as famous and respected as Mozart. You were fortunate enough to live during his lifetime, yet haven't used that opportunity to meet him.
>>
I saw him in concert about 10 years ago, pretty fucking awesome. I feel like actually meeting him would take too much effort...
>>
>>64498238
You live in Boston?
>>
When his music started I turned to my GF's son and said "Buckle in for memes, kid. Remember that reddit I told you about? Well here it is."
>>
>>64498287
I haven't seen the new Star Wars. Did he bring any new music to it that is on the level of his originals? Duel of Fates was the only on point thing about the prequels. Does he still have it?
>>
>>64498340
No he did not
>>
>>64498359
Good man. I get the feeling he has a stash of guaranteed hits, and he only uses one when he knows the movie is good. The rest of the time he just phones it in.
>>
>>64498196
he hasn't flown as high as horner but he's still a big guy in my books
>>
>>64498476
Are you kidding me?

Jaws
Star Wars
Close Encounters
Superman
Indiana Jones
E.T.
Home Alone
Jurassic Park
Harry Potter

He created the most iconic theme music of all time. Yes Horner is good, but he doesn't even come close to John Williams level.
>>
>>64498340

Across the Stars, Battle of the Heroes

each movie has their own great characteristic theme
>>
>>64498658

how's this guy such a musical stud
>>
>>64498196
>In 100 years this man will be as famous and respected as Mozart. You were fortunate enough to live during his lifetime, yet haven't used that opportunity to meet him.

He won't even be as famous and respected as Salieri. I like Star Wars but Williams is not now now will he ever be respected in the field of orchestral music and arrangement. His work is simplistic and highly derivative. His movie soundtracks have been effective for what they are, but he is not taken seriously by other contemporary composers.
>>
I don't like his music

now john williams THE GUITARIST is fucking sick
>>
File: quentin-tarantino_4.jpg (31 KB, 317x400) Image search: [Google]
quentin-tarantino_4.jpg
31 KB, 317x400
>>64498196

In 100 years this man will be as famous and respected as Shakespeare. You were fortunate enough to live during his lifetime, yet you haven't used that opportunity to meet and pay homage to him.
>>
From a musical perspective he's pretty mediocre, he hasn't produced any memorable incidental music that could stand up to the critics of history.

But considering his job is to come up with catchy themes for unabashedly mainstream cash grabs, he does a pretty good job of it.
>>
>>64498272
nope, LA
>>
>>64499131

"Good music" is pretty subjective, friend.

Considering his cultural impact, I'd consider him the best composer of the past 20 years or so.
>>
>>64499131
is this pasta from a /v/ Nobuo Uematsu thread?
>>
>>64499037
No.
>>
>>64499131
if critics don't pull out of the death spiral that is modernism then this will be true and the hack works of Glass or Cage or Stockhausen will be held up
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.