[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did a man like Sylvester Stallone manage to write something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Rocky-Poster.jpg (82 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Rocky-Poster.jpg
82 KB, 600x900
How did a man like Sylvester Stallone manage to write something like this? Was this the one and only time in his life that he actually gave a fuck?
>>
Rocky is pedestrian plebcore. Maybe not outright capeshit like his other flicks but it's hardly a sophisticated piece of cinema. How can I know that for sure? Because untrained minds are able to love it.
>>
>>64484443
>Accessible = bad
I'm just glad you're spouting these opinions on an anime chatroom and not in any position of influence.
>>
>>64484386
It's not only about making it (America dream and so on) but it's also about daily life struggle of ordinary people, like the part of abcent father type of relationship between rocky and his son in rocky 5? There is always some life lesson to be learned from in these movies, stallóne is a wise guy, he is even in mensa! Qnd the rumor has it he wrote rocky only in 3 days, he is no plebb mam, he is really insightful guy who went through it himself and made movies to help you trhought it too with of course happy ending, rocky winning and that chilling good music remindes us that everything will be okai, love it and yes I am retarded
>>
i just finished Creed and it was bretty good. formulaic and predictable but im a huge sucker for this kind of storytelling and old school training montages.
>>
Stallone is a lot smarter than he lets on, he could've been a spectacular actor, but he's very indulgent. It's actually really depressing what became of his career path, because I think if he didn't go the route he did Rocky and First blood in particular would be renowned as the spectacular movies they are.
>>
File: black dong twisting hype.gif (1 MB, 202x202) Image search: [Google]
black dong twisting hype.gif
1 MB, 202x202
>>64484884
>that middle fight
>>
>>64484386
He wrote many bad movies also.
At least one got out good.
>>
>>64484941
What route do you mean exactly?
>>
>>64484941
Growing up poor as shit probably has something to do with it. Can't blame him for loving money
>>
Sly may speak like a retard but he's pretty damn smart
>>
>>64485255
Churning out sequels, hopping on action movie vehicles, and surrounding himself with yes-men all the while missing the way things were going in Hollywood and always being one or two-steps behind. It's not like Arnold, who had a keen eye for this stuff and managed to keep his career steady and relevant until the late 90's.

Cobra is a perfect example. Stallone was upset he passed on Beverly Hills Cop, so he decided he was gonna start in his on cop movie.but he missed what made BHC popular, and instead just makes a very indulgent action movie without much appeal(though I do like it just for how trash it is.) his lighthearted/comedy movies are another example; he saw Arnold doing that stuff and he wanted in. He tried to frame himself as a perfect action hero; when the appeal of first blood and Rocky was that he was a very unconventional protagonist. He fell into the trap of becoming a stallone impersonation rather than his early self, if that makes any sense.
>>
Not that difficult to write. Just a cliche underdog becoming a champion and falling in love while doing it. His acting is what gave the movie charm.
>>
The Bill Conti score kinda helped
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.