[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didnt he and his wife just play dead like hugh glass did?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Grizzly-Man-2.jpg (163 KB, 800x499) Image search: [Google]
Grizzly-Man-2.jpg
163 KB, 800x499
Why didnt he and his wife just play dead like hugh glass did?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 350x250
>>64483956
He didn't tread so well.
>>
>>64483956
Why didnt grizzly man carry a musket with him?
>>
Because the bears were his friends and he didn't want to make them sad.
>>
why didn't leo just say yes?
>>
>>64483956
>wife
>not beard

Also her menstruation probably attracted the bear in the first place.
>>
He was probably trying to talk to it and be friendly until the moment it bit into his leg. Then he couldn't stop screaming.

Also I don't care if the youtube clip of the audio of him dying is fake, it's still terrifying as fuck.
>>
>>64484907
kek
>>
>>64485022
I'm sure is fake, but link?
>>
>>64484220
Bazinga
>>
>>64483956

The truth is that he didn't want the bear to stop fucking him.
>>
This fag and his bitch got eaten by hungry ass bears, Mr Glass got fucked up for being too close to grizzly cubs. all the playing dead in the world wasnt going to help them
>>
File: 1432696821487.png (210 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1432696821487.png
210 KB, 1000x1000
>>64484220
The meme that keeps on giving.
>>
>werner herzog's reaction when he listens to the recording of their death
>>
>>64485401
If glass was so great at tracking and woodsmanship, why didnt he notuce the bears earlier and maybe get a chance to shoot from far?
>>
>>64484957
The guy spent most of his life outside civilization and the rest talking about bears, what would he need a beard for?
>>
>>64484220
Tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
>>64485603
so his mum doesnt know hes a pooh puncher
>>
>>64485495
fucking hack, he only teases it on purpose, his reaction probably is faked
>>
>>64486538
Literally this. Herzog is a meme director at best.
>>
>>64485495
The first sounds from the tape are from Amie, "she sounds surprised and asks if it's still out there". Apparently either Tim had asked Amie to turn the camera on, or Amie just turned it on out of reflex. (I don't believe this latter scenario took place for one minute which I will discuss in detail below). At any rate, the attack was in progress when the camera was turned on.

The next voice is from Timothy as he screams "Get out here! I'm getting killed out here!" (Tim was wearing a remote microphone on his coverall's). The sound of a tent zipper is then heard and the tent flap opening. Amie is heard screaming over the background sounds of rain hitting the tent, the wind, and other storm sounds all mixed in with the bear and Tim fighting to "Play dead!" Seconds pass before Amie yells again to "Play dead!" (Van Daele 2004)

Not surprisingly, with Amie yelling and screaming nearby, this seems to work and the bear breaks off the attack. (more on this below) A short conversation ensues as Amie and Tim try and determine if the bear is really gone. Being trained as a physician's assistant, it is believed that Amie made her way to Tim, and from the sounds caught on tape, the bear returns and Amie is forced to back off. Tim then is clearly heard screaming that playing dead isn't working and begs her to "hit the bear!" ( Van Daele 2005, Fallico 2004)

The sound of rain hitting the tent, along with wind muffle the sounds at this point. However, Amie is clearly heard yelling to "Fight back!" She is then heard screaming "Stop! Go Away! or possibly Run Away!" as the sound of "a frying pan is used to beat the top of the bears head and the sound of Tim moaning. (Fallico 2004)
>>
>>64487340
It is believed that at this point in the attack, the bear let go of Tim's head which the bear had in it's mouth, and grabbed him somewhere in the upper leg area. The sound of Amie screaming very loudly, as Tim is clearly heard over the sounds of the storm, saying "Amie get away, get away, go away". Tim knew he was going to die at this point and wanted to save Amie from the same fate. (Herzog, Fallico 2004)

Amie did not go away.
>>
>>64484220
well CIA'd
>>
>>64487372
The audio portion of this video tape lasts roughly 6 minutes. During this period, Tim's cries and pleadings can be heard for two-thirds of that time. He did not die quickly, unlike some traumatic death victims who were lucky enough to drift off into a shock induced dream state. Tim was obviously very aware and struggling desperately to survive during the last moments of his life.

Unlike what is portrayed in the movies, the bear is nearly silent. Only low growls and periodic grunts are heard which only adds to the horror of the scene. Sounds of the bear dragging Tim off, and the fading sounds of his scream's indicate that Tim is being pulled and dragged into the brush and away from camp.

As the tape comes to an end, the sounds of Amie's high-pitched screams rise to a new level, much like what has been described as "the sound of a predator call used by hunters to produce the distress cries of a small wounded animal which often attracts bears". Biologist Larry Van Daele, for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game theorizes that Amie's screams "may have prompted the bear to return and kill her." ( Van Daele 2004 )
>>
>>64485495
>my reaction when tripscum didn't commit sudoku
>>
>>64487464
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS
>>
>>64483956
He was a literal crazy motherfucker.
>>
>>64483956
They probably would have eaten them anyway.
>>
>>64487413
Fucking chilling dude.
>>
>>64483956
He should have tried spinning, that's a good trick.
>>
Was he autistic?
>>
>>64484907
Fucking Woody Harrelson
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.