[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Avatard was kill? I was sit at home watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: happening.png (16 KB, 567x276) Image search: [Google]
happening.png
16 KB, 567x276
Where were you when Avatard was kill? I was sit at home watching Georg Lucas butthurt, when Tsaheylu PM'd:

Avadar is kill.

No.
>>
>>64480219
Drinking James Camerons Canadian tears
>>
I don't get it. What's the point? TFA won't reach the global gross of Avatar.

So what? Why must you be so butthurt about it?
>>
>>64480219
inb4
>d-domestic doesn't matter!
>don't forget about the brown people markets :(
>>
>acconting for inflation TFA needs to make 3 billion to beat avatar
>it needs to make 2.8 billion just to be the highest grossing star wars movie
>it needs to make 3.2 billion to beat titanic

>lets just ignore all of this and focus entirely upon domestic gross without accounting for inflation and act like that means something

I don't know whats real anymore.
>>
Jewjew, is that you?
>>
>domestic
ayy lmao

It's 2016 now gramps,
>>
>>64480596
>Avatards come out with "muh inflation"
>Avatards own argument puts them at number 2
>Avatards come out with "blah blah something, Cameron"

Gone with the Wind:$3,440,000,000
>>
File: basedjim.jpg (171 KB, 955x1020) Image search: [Google]
basedjim.jpg
171 KB, 955x1020
Wooow took you 7 films and 40 years to beat me.
>>
>>64480219
Only worldwide matters, nice try tho! :)
>>
>>64480786
Gone with the wind isn't really counted against modern movies because that situation will never happen again. As for several decades, it was basically the only thing worth watching in the theater, and theaters were the only means of watching movies.

Also avatar didn't gross more than titantic, accounting for inflation.
>>
File: domestic.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
domestic.jpg
149 KB, 1920x1080
>>64480219
>domestic
>>
>>64480857
>because that situation will never happen again.
like the 3D fad that Avatar profited from
>>
>>64480857
>As for several decades, it was basically the only thing worth watching in the theater
??? What about the Hollywood boom of the late '10s and '20s? What about The Wizard of fucking Oz, which came out the exact same year as Gone With the Wind? You're just fucking wrong
>>
File: 1450295472645.jpg (158 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1450295472645.jpg
158 KB, 720x480
>>64480857
>it was basically the only thing worth watching in the theater
>>
>>64480388
But domestic doesn't matter

When you open the World Record Books
Top Global Box Office Record is usually ahead of Top Domestic

Sorry kiddo Avatar will still be #1 in the world
>>
>>64481007
Avatar put 3D and IMAX (and by extension, IMAX3D) to excellent use. Nothing has really done that since. So it isn't really fair to call 3D a fad if everything since has been a post production 3D conversion and/or an IMAX upscale.
>>
>>64481078
Except in those global markets BV has sold the distribution rights to all the different markets.
They are making their money primarily from those distribution deals and the domestic market.

Fuck its like amateur hour in here.
>>
>>64480857
>being this much of a stupid nigger

Hollywood studios pumped out more films in the 1920s and 1930s than they do now, retard.

You/re right that movies were king culturally though.
>>
>>64481480
>Hollywood studios pumped out more films in the 1920s and 1930s
and that is relevant to a movie that came out in 1939 who's theatrical run lasted several decades how?
>>
>>64480219

Who cares. Avatar is a shit movie. A lot of hype around, but what turned it out to be in the end? Space Pocahontas? Fuck that.

Not to mention that a lot of the movies in that list are nothing spectacular. Jurassic World is mediocre. Avengers... I got bored of Marvel movies like 5 years ago... I don't think I have watched that shit.

Now Batman movies are great for being superhero movies, but they're still superhero movies.

Titanic... I don't remember it well so I'm not gonna talk about it.

Obviously being on that list doesn't mean the movie is good. A lot of people going to the cinema going to see something doesn't mean they're going to like it. It just means they expected the movie to be good. Because it was part of a series they already knew (Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Marvel), because a great comercial campaign, or a combination of both.
>>
File: Magnetos laughing.png (541 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Magnetos laughing.png
541 KB, 500x750
>mfw I remember a time when /tv/ used to say that international gross doesn't matter
>now they're the only thing that matter
How goalposts change.
>>
File: upboat.webm (426 KB, 300x310) Image search: [Google]
upboat.webm
426 KB, 300x310
>>64481545
>Avatar is a shit movie. A lot of hype around, but what turned it out to be in the end? Space Pocahontas? Fuck that.
>>
File: gwtw.png (57 KB, 574x211) Image search: [Google]
gwtw.png
57 KB, 574x211
>>64480596
>inflation
Then Gone with the Wind would be the top grossing film of all time, faggot.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.