[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think about Columbo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Columbo.png (589 KB, 1040x843) Image search: [Google]
Columbo.png
589 KB, 1040x843
What does /tv/ think about Columbo?
>>
He's okay.

Just one more thing...
>>
>>64477331
I wonder what noises he makes during sex.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHEEEEEEGGGHHHHAR
>>
By far the best crime/detective show of all time. 10/10
>>
>>64477331
4chan loves Columbo
>>
>>64477331
Loved his shit when I was a teen. They don't air it in my country these days.
>>
>>64477526
What are some episodes you'd recommend? Some seasons perhaps?

Should I cherrypick or is everything golden and I should start from the start?
>>
>>64477526
>>64477629
Also, is there any continuity I need to observe or is every episode self-contained and thus I can watch them in random order? (Other than the fact that he's getting older of course.)
>>
>>64477665
self contained as far as i can see. Honestly I liked most of um. Some were weaker than others, but overall there are too many good ones to pick out. Just watch um all
>>
>>64477665
Never seen any continuity.

The only ones I remember are the photo ticket with mask episode and the magic guillotine one
>>
>>64477807
Thanks!
>>
Fantastic series, sucha comfy detective show
>>
They play it on Me-TV on Sunday nights.
>>
File: 1448429812258.jpg (196 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1448429812258.jpg
196 KB, 720x540
>>64477331
Columbo and Kojak are the best detective series.

Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>64477331
Most of the ways that Columbo "catches" the murderer wouldn't stand up in court, especially since all his bad guys are rich people who can afford good lawyers. Especially since he just grabs random evidence around with no chain of custody or labels and jumps to conclusions.
>>
>>64478322

Not to mention his ace in hole is getting the criminal to blurt out a confession. Happened in Perry Mason all the time. Even happens in Law & Order surprisingly often.
>>
>>64478592
One confession stands out to me because I'm not sure it would work.
Like that time he arrested the murderer's son and the murderer to confessed, only for Columbo to reveal that he hadn't actually arrested the son, it was all an act to get him to confess. I'm pretty sure the murderer's lawyer would argue that that confession was fake, done only to protect his son
>>
>>64478592
Yeah but in Law and Order (the original series) they at least had confessions thrown out by judges often. The other law and order shows are complete horse shit

Also Law and Order is my favorite. Can't beat Jack McCoy prosecuting the offenders.
>>
>>64478322
I've heard people joke that that's why he's never been promoted from Liutenant despite all his high-profile cases, none of his suspects ever get convicted
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.