[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sicario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: NOTAWOLF.jpg (476 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
NOTAWOLF.jpg
476 KB, 1180x842
So wait, why the fuck did they even attack the tunnel?

Diaz was already on the move to the mansion so what was the point of making even more noise?

Did they actually plan to use Silvio and his cop car, was the plan that detailed?

Or did they just hit the tunnel to further destroy the Sonora cartel so the Columbians can take over everything? In that case why the fuck was Alejandro with them and not waiting somewhere on the road?

Why is an incredibly important cartel representative traveling alone without any bodyguards?

Why send JUST Alejandro to assault a mansion of a fucking narco baron which is the crucial part of the mission?

Why am I overthinking this stupid fucking movie?
>>
>>64467688
>muh chicks can be police

jesus....
>>
>>64467688

It's a shitty flick absolutely riddled with plotholes.
>>
i watched this last night and thought it was pretty dumb too

if emily blunt never saw the wristband was alejandro prepared to just let that guy fuck and possibly kill her (he said he wouldn't but still)? kind of inconsequential but that annoyed me
>>
They said it was a diversion, so it was to make it look like a regular DEA raid on the tunnel to hide that they were slipping an agent through.

The cop being there was probably just a lucky coincidence he took advantage of. They probably expected there to be vehicles there he could use, cop car was the best option.

No one knew that guy existed/was involved so security was minimal.

They had UAV's over the mansion so they knew there was only a handful of guards so they sent him in alone to keep a low profile.

Not saying it's realistic or anything, but with the parameters they made up in the film it makes sense.
>>
>>64468111
Have you seen the movie? It's actually the opposite.
>>
>>64467688
Villeneuve is a hack director.
>>
>>64467688

They had to attack the tunnel to get the agent into Mexico, and also to wipe out everything that had to do with the cartel.

Alejandro wasnt part of the Colombian cartel, that was just a theory.

Because he just passed by his secret tunnel and the mansion wasnt that far anyway.

He was sent because if he was killed and found out it would be theorized it was just a revenge mission for what happened to his family, if they sent the whole team and it fucked up theyd have an international incident on their hands.
>>
>we gonna do everything by the book just so we can throw it all out and let crazy beaner get some revenge
>CIA works that way, guys :)
>why did we even bother with investigation, again?
>>
File: 1424035280698.jpg (162 KB, 680x876) Image search: [Google]
1424035280698.jpg
162 KB, 680x876
Get some taste and drop Villeneuve straight to trash bin.
>>
>I don't understand this sequence in a certain movie
>the movie is therefore utter dogshit

Never change /tv/
>>
>>64468289
>The cop being there was probably just a lucky coincidence he took advantage of.

>What if there's no transport and we fuck up the most important part of the mission we almost got killed to make possible?
>It's a wolf country, you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>64468451
Movie is bad because it once again shows that Villeneuve has no ideas of his own sitting on the directorial seat. It looks like yet another movie Roger Deakins was dop at
>>
>>64468451
>doesnt even try to explain the poop holes
>guys u just dont get it like i do, i get it. u just have shit taste guys

never change dumb faggot
>>
>>64468451
>I like movies that make no sense
I'm not even saying that that particular part of the movie didn't make sense, but come on. This shit is ridden with plot holes.
>>
>>64468111
It's actually the opposite. Yeah, she's worked her way up to HRT, but everything after the opening scene is 2OPERATOR4ME for her to deal with.
>>
>>64468718
>They need her to tag along so they can make all their crazy shit appear lawful
>They risk their incredibly secret plot to reinstate the Medellin's cartel control over all drug trade by allowing her to go into the tunnel with them
They could have just threatened her to sign the paper because that is literally all they need her for.

Or they could have just forged it, they are the fucking CIA and it's implied that they have the backing of someone "democratically elected" (so likely the president himself signed off on this operation).
>>
>>64468809
Neither of those things seem like the filmmakers pushing an agenda though.
>>
>>64468904
Nah I'm just complaining about the plot at this point.

There's no agenda in this movie. If there was she would have managed to stop them somehow (with a tiny bit of help from her black fuckbuddy).
>>
>>64468809

They didnt want her in the tunnel but they couldnt stop her from heading in for she wanted, but they didnt even expect her to follow Alejandro up it.
>>
>>64468936
>There's no agenda in this movie.
Correcto-mundo. It is a narrative and writing mess. First half we get to see half-assed narrative of naivety clashing with 'real' world (kek at anyone thinking it was realistic portrayal of anything) and then it turns out to a fucking Korean revenge movie at the end and establishing soldiers as heroes going completely against its earlier half assed narrative

Then it ends with a terrible fedora tip scene from where someone honestly uses some fucking godawful wolf metaphor out loud
>>
>>64468954
They could have stopper her, though. They just didn't for whatever reason.

The scene where she attempts to stop Alejandro is also really weird. What did she see in his behaviour that made her go "FREEZE"?

>Shoots a guy that was holding another guy at gunpoint
>Then holds up an obviously dirty cop
What the fuck did he do that was so shocking she almost shot him?
>>
>>64468289

underrated post
>>
After the tunnel scene why did she even bother to let them know she was going to tattle on them? I don't get it.
>>
>>64469012
Regretting almost having sex i.e. rape.
>>
>Why am I overthinking this stupid fucking movie?

For your consideration:

" You can put in any number of searches into Google and come up with a host of articles. There’s a tremendous amount of various blogs and writers in Mexico who have written some very poignant and tragic things about it."

—Taylor Sheridan, responding to a question about what research he did to write 'Sicario'
>>
File: 1435240265027.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
1435240265027.png
260 KB, 563x542
Massive shootout with 100s of rounds fired inside a small tunnel. No one has hearing issues.
>>
>>64469117
Yeah I think it had something to do with the fact that he attempted to kill her?
>>
File: 1420877885229.png (181 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1420877885229.png
181 KB, 600x600
>>64469143
>You can put in any number of searches into Google and come up with a host of articles. There’s a tremendous amount of various blogs and writers in Mexico who have written some very poignant and tragic things about it. I went there, but there’s a certain amount of how I did some research that I’m not sharing with anyone. There’s a real sensitivity, obviously. And people who are in Mexico who I spoke with, for clear reasons, I’m just leaving all that out.
>>
>>64469433
>there’s a certain amount of how I did some research that I’m not sharing with anyone

Cop-out addition so it seems like he did more than Googled shit.
>>
File: butthurt_400x400.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
butthurt_400x400.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>64469456
>>
>>64468528
Name one, let's see how fucking dumb u are. This will be fun.
>>
>>64469549
Psst. He can't speak Spanish.
>>
>>64469557
Read the fucking thread, faggot. Most posts were pointing out plot holes, let's see you respond to some of them.
>>
File: tomexican translator.png (23 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
tomexican translator.png
23 KB, 300x500
>>64469566
>>
>>64469600
None so far, people having A.D.D isnt a plothole
>>
>>64469617
So, he just carried Google Translate around while in México, talking to these people he can't disclose because it's so sensitive?

Does this sound real, to you?
>>
>>64469617
>google translate works well

Hey, monolingual.
>>
>>64469682
Ok, so you're full of shit. Good to know.
>>
File: u-still-mad.jpg (30 KB, 520x334) Image search: [Google]
u-still-mad.jpg
30 KB, 520x334
>>64469683
>>64469724
http://www.cjr.org/reports/the_thankless_work_of_a_fixer.php
>>
>>64469777
Taylor isn't a journalist.

He's an actor pretending to be a writer doing "research" on Google.
>>
File: upset.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
upset.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>64469805
>And people who are in Mexico who I spoke with, for clear reasons, I’m just leaving all that out.
>>
>>64467688
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief

/thread
/board

You either like a movie or you don't. There's nothing to discuss. Anything is allowed for the movie to entertain you. It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense. If it really engaged when you watched it for whatever reason that's all that counts and nothing elese can change that.
>>
>>64469143
jesus christ. just make up some bullshit that you talk with some expert.
>>
>>64469990
He did. >>64469836

Make it up, I mean.

It's very interesting that when asked what research he did he immediately says Google and only adds afterwards (probably because of the interviewer's facial reaction) that he went to México and talked with people, quickly stating he can't talk about that.

Because, you know, it never happened.
>>
>>64469758
You can't even come up with one single plothole, not even one sentence. Classic /v/eddit.
>>
>>64468289
>They probably expected there to be vehicles there he could use
Yeah, I imagine Diaz would just pull over for a regular drug mule car.
>>
Because they wanted to make

N O I S E
O
I
S
E

A lot of noise.
>>
We're supposed to assume Trump or someone else with balls was elected president aren't we? The fbi jefe said the elected leadership approved the cia stuff and we all know obongo wouldn't have the balls to do that.
>>
>>64470245
They clearly said that they were using cops as the mules for the smugglers before they went inti the tunnel. They made it a point to say go ahead and waste any cops they might see because they were all working for the cartel
>>
File: 1405738991796.jpg (69 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1405738991796.jpg
69 KB, 640x960
this movie was 80% suspense/atmosphere without much of anything really happening:
1) get into mexico, get the guy who was already caught, get out while expecting a huge hit when really there are only 8+1 guys idling around in cars who then get squashed like cockcoaches
2) hyped up "action" scene in the tunnel, oh wow all we get to see are dead mexicans after they got annihilated
3) endboss fight, guy casually strolls in and takes out everyone, alejandro literally had godmode on

Also, why does Hollywood try to push gay black guys on us (this movie, TFA, the list could go on forever)?
>>
>>64470516
How lucky for them to have a drug transfer happening the exact time Diaz was going back
>>
>>64468202
the guy was not going to kill her
>>
>>64471029
Yeah, they had to wrap up that cop's side story though. What's more dumb is cia told fbi that they could confiscate any drugs found and they didn't even go get all the drugs even though they were 20 feet away the big stack of drugs outside the tunnel
>>
>Why is an incredibly important cartel representative traveling alone without any bodyguards?

because that would have raised suspicion you mong, he wanted people to think he was part of the feds

>Why send JUST Alejandro to assault a mansion of a fucking narco baron which is the crucial part of the mission?

because it was HIS mission, not the Americans'. They just agreed to help him get there and that in return for his help in them completing their objectives
>>
>>64471503
https://twitter.com/AlfreditoGuzma/status/500746781622562816 the son of el chapo doesn't care much about suspicion it seems, if the goverment really wanted him to fet caught they would of done it long time ago, they need bodyguards because other cartels may attack them
>>
>>64471716
https://twitter.com/AlfreditoGuzma/status/397893684298907648
>>
>>64469012
>What the fuck did he do that was so shocking she almost shot him?
Crossing over into another sovereign country and taking a policeman hostage?
>>
>>64469283
Silencers and ear protection, nigga
>>
>>64467688
>Why send JUST Alejandro to assault a mansion of a fucking narco baron which is the crucial part of the mission?
CIA didn't have the greenlight to operate in Mexico so they sent in someone with plausible deniability
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.