[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Luke has robot hand? In ESB he had synthetic skin. Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Luke TFA arm_zpspx0dx5sc.jpg (28 KB, 397x361) Image search: [Google]
Luke TFA arm_zpspx0dx5sc.jpg
28 KB, 397x361
Why Luke has robot hand? In ESB he had synthetic skin. Is it because of budget restrictions?
>>
>>64463460
Probably because luke didn't care if he lost the skin or not.

Muh enlightened jedi ways and what not
>>
so can detach it at a moments notice and replace it with a lightsaber chainsaw
>>
>>64463460

Because it looks cooler.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 1024x576
didnt this happen
>>
>>64463460
Real reason: To remind normies that don't remember or don't know that he has a robot hand.

Probable in story reason: A constant reminder to Luke that anyone can turn to the darkside, even himself.
>>
Because otherwise it would be less obvious it was Luke. But they wanted people to see the robot hand and go "I REMEMBER WHEN HIS HAND GOT CUT OFF!!!". I still think it was a good choice though. It looks a lot more interesting than just a regular hand.
>>
>>64463485
this. I mean he kinda is the son of THE chosen one so, there is no reason to worry about shitty synth skin, plus it looks way cooler.
>>
>>64463485
It probably felt better to jerk off on that island off ireland with no synthskin or whatever gay shit it is because he couldn't feel his cock with his hand. Like when you sleep on your arm and it goes numb.
>>
>>64463460
I assumed it was damaged in some way and he just never replaced the covering.

I think it was also a good visual shorthand to let people know it was luke in the fladhback, as you can't see his face. (Then again they could have just shown his face but I dunno, I didn't direct the fucking thing.)
>>
>>64463460
They got CGI this time around
>>
I just assumed his roboskin got melted off. Which is cooler.
>>
>>64463460
Obviously its JJ MYSTERY SUBPLOT like everything else in tfa
>>
>>64463633
This, he also wore the black glove on that hand the rest of the movie due to the damage. I assume Luke never had it fixed and the tissue covering his machine hand just disintegrated or rotted over time without proper maintenance.
>>
His insurance plan couldn't cover maintenance at the Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center
>>
>>64463460
Are you actually retarded? Why would showing a mechanical hand be the result of a restricted budget? Because Mark Hamill's actual hand is prohibitively expensive to film?
>>
>>64463460
>budget restrictions

>pretending Marks hand has a robot underneath is more expensive than a cgi robot hand
>>
>>64463984

THANKS OBAMA
>>
>>64464026
holy shit guy
>>
3PO also lost his arm but that was just a metal gear solid V reference
>>
>>64463460
He's a cutfag, he needs basically a cheese grater to jerk off his mutilated cock.
>>
File: 1440694094856.gif (280 KB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1440694094856.gif
280 KB, 384x216
>budget restrictions in DISNEY STAR WARS MOVIE
>>
File: 74EifRZ.gif (3 MB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
74EifRZ.gif
3 MB, 300x278
>>64464026
>>64464038
>>64464211
>They didn't see the newest red reddit media
>>
>>64463460

because it looked better on screen. especially for the trailer
>>
>>64464145
>getting a director who inserts personal things into an already established universe

why the fuck did Disney let him do that? stupid hack.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.