[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 401x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 401x323
GENERAL
>>
SNOKE
WEED
EVERYDAY
>>
File: 1445586076889.jpg (15 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
1445586076889.jpg
15 KB, 240x250
Really. Snoke? Star Wars has some shit names but what the fuck is Snoke?
>>
Do you guys think Snoke is an alien or a human.

When I first saw him I thought he was supposed to be a member of some alien race but the more I see of him the more I think he's just an old dude with a fucked up face.
>>
File: Helga.jpg (17 KB, 239x300) Image search: [Google]
Helga.jpg
17 KB, 239x300
>>64463251
VON KLINKERHOFFEN
>>
>>64463334
He's an alien human hybrid
>>
>>64464374
Even this goof was scarier, especially when in drag.
>>
>>64463334
He cannot be an alien, because the empire has always been about human supremacy, so nobody partial to imperial rule would accept him.
>>
I'M BURNING UP!
>>
>>64463332

Kanjiclub is the worst name in star wars canon.
>>
>>64463251
Snoke is Valkorion
Starkiller is Star Forge (literally, no argument to be had)
Kylo Ren is Revan

They retconned the EU so that they could rip it off.
>>
>>64464469
Does Elam Sleazabango have connections with them?
>>
>>64464469
Tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
>>64463334
Pretty sure Abrams said that the idea was that using the dark side for too long changes and ruins you. It was the reason that Palpatine looked so bad (aside from the attack backfire) and it is why Snoke looks awful now. The Dark Side is ruining their bodies.
>>
>>64464488
I thought Kylo Ren was Jacen
>>
>>64464469
>>64464493
What about Droopy Mccool
>>
File: bravo.png (748 KB, 400x998) Image search: [Google]
bravo.png
748 KB, 400x998
>>64464488
>>
>>64464546
All I know is that the Starkiller is LITERALLY Star Forge and that Valkorion (a Sith Lord like Snoke) sent Revan (who Kylo's mask looks JUST LIKE) to find.
>>
>>64464519
>It was the reason that Palpatine looked so bad (aside from the attack backfire)

Everybod thought that Sheev looks so bad because the dark side consume you slowly. Prequels ruined everything
>>
File: Adam-Driver.jpg (2 MB, 5600x3807) Image search: [Google]
Adam-Driver.jpg
2 MB, 5600x3807
why did kylo ren turn to the darkside?
>>
File: 1341921727140.jpg (47 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1341921727140.jpg
47 KB, 490x490
>>64463283
Why the fuck can't I stop laughing?
>>
>>64464513
I literally read that with that guys accent
Thanks anon u made my night
>>
>>64464584
Well, if its anything like the rest of the Star Wars lore he did it because the writer said so.
In fact, Sith Lords apparently just have the fucking ability to turn Jedi like that with little to no effort.
>>
>>64464584
because the light side wasn't edgie enough
>>
>>64464546

You're both right. All in all Disney had Lucas kill the EU because that's what Jews do. No profit from it and they sure as hell ain't going to pay any fees for using any given part from the EU.
>>
>>64464584
There was too much Vader in him.
>>
>>64464618
anakin turned to the dark side from fear of losing more of his loved ones, him killing children suddenly was awful but at least you got to see the reason

kylo obviously had something happen to him but its not even referenced to
>>
>>64464583
But it IS the reason sheev looks fucked up. He used sith alchemy to look more human again and the lightning ruined the alchemy mask
>>
>>64464584
a story for another time
>>
>>64464584
>Implying it matters in a nostalgia montage that is TFA
You have to unerstand what this movie is meant to be. It isn't meant to have a proper plot, only as many "cool SW moments" as possible. It literally doesn't matter why there's a Resistance again, why the Empire has still hass the upper hand or why Ben turned to the dark side. It's a movie for retards that don't give a single shit about plot, they just want to see "SW things". Disney experts know what they are doing.
>>
>>64464681
Luke stopped him from killing Rey when her force powers went out of control, and instead pinned the blame for the deaths of the trainees on him.
>>
>>64463251
Why was he CGI?
>>
>>64464681
No, Anakin turned to the Dark Side because WHILE that was happening Palpatine was manipulating him with the force.
Just like Snoke likely did to Kylo.
You give these writers too much credit.
>>
>>64464717
>kylo
>being able to kill anyone other than old men with surprise attacks
>>
I just got back from seeing this.

It was average, Rey was by far the weakest part, better than everyone at everything, constantly whining about going home yet zero flaws. She just knew how to do everything (which was a problem with many characters, but she wS easily the worst offender)

Finn, Poe, chewie and Han were great, Kyle was meh. Hux was good and phasma was a waste, but will obviously turn up in sequels.

However, the strangest thing about it is its didn't feel very Star Wars-y, it was like a different movie with the same plot as a new hope with a star was aesthetic, but with a completely different vibe, zero adventure feel, just slap stick humour but otherwise a by the numbers scifi.

Also I really hope Finn and Rey don't get together, they made a point of showing they had a strong friendship bond, and things wouldn't just become intimate because "boy and girl" (you know, like real life) so I hope they don't throw that into the wind. Not to mention they had zero sexual chemistry or tension.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?
>>
>>64464584
He was bullied at Luke's Jedi school
>>
>>64464700
Why didn't he just put it on again later?
>>
>>64464829
He needed it to rise to power, nobody would have supported him while he looked like a monster. He had no more use for it and probably even prefers his true self
>>
>>64464829
He didn't need to go back to looking human after he became Senate
>>
>>64464700
>b-b-but the prequels!
>>
>>64464750
I was talking to some friends about Rey, and their only response was "WELL SHE'S OBVIOUSLY STRONG WITH THE FORCE– THAT EXPLAINS WHY SHE WAS ABLE TO USE THE MIND TRICK SO PROFICIENTLY. SHE LEARNED BECAUSE KYLO TRIED IT" but I still don't buy that at all. I don't care whether she's Solo's daughter, Luke's daughter– it just doesn't make sense to me that she's good at scavenging, piloting a 2-pilot ship by herself, using the force, and dueling with a saber.

I surprisingly enjoyed Finn to some degree. A couple of his scenes were joke-tier, but I thought he a competent character. Poe was great, as was Chewie and Han. I really like Kylo. They really nailed the whiny, edgy, angst teen perfectly. He looks and plays the part superbly.

The movie definitely didn't feel Star Wars. There was Star Wars scenes like the air fights and cantina, but everything else fell flat to this generic sci-fi imagery.
>>
>>64464662
han just saying dumb shit like this
>>
I was doozing off in cinema (went with my Guardian Force after work) and I heard "Snorkel" instead of "Snoke" and ai couldn't stop laughing.
>>
>>64464750
>All new characters
>Anything but shit

Kylo Ren is a massive joke.
Finn can't handle killing innocents yet he's perfectly fine with slaughtering tens of Stormtroopers that were his comrades (and that he knows were all kidnapped as kids and programmed).

Phasma, the fanatical (and programmed) Stormtrooper commander, easily surrenders First Order's biggest asset when held on gunpoint.

etc.
>>
>>64464895
Well they are mostly shit but not fot that reason. They support the point that the dark side changes your looks more than going against that
>>
>>64464584
It seemed like a good idea at the time
>>
>>64464966
Thanks for the blog post, anon.
>>
>>64464559
none of them are similar except their appereance. did you even play the games?
>>
>>64464989
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64463251
kinda looks like bill nighy

i dont see serkis in him at all
>>
>>64465040
>blogs about his experience on 4shaun
>ur not contributing!

Literally more autistic then Brendan.
>>
>>64465092
hello reddit!
>>
>>64464553
Droopy McCool was a jazz name.
>>
>>64465107
>gets btfo
>h-hey reddit!

Use a trip so I can filter your pure concentrated autism.
>>
>>64465092
>Being this new
It's a meme
>>
>>64464895
But they DID have a scene in Phantom Menace where Palpatine was taking injections of something to keep his appearance, but Lucas decided to drop that and cut it from the film.
>>
>>64465107
>hello reddit!
hello reddit

just want to let you know this meme came from /csgog/
>>
>>64465151
>its a meme you dip
>>
>>64465168
It's pronounced maymay

I've been on the internet for at least 2 years now

Ever since I got out of 8th grade and my mom bought me a laptop
>>
>>64464469
>its clearly "Dooku"
TELL THART TU KANJIKLUB
>>
>>64465151
>Is the retard
>Throws out the don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread

It's a poor use of the meme
>>
>>64463334

He's Palpatine
>>
>>64464934
I liked Kylo as a character but not as a villain, once he gets his backstory fleshed out he might actually be a well written character

but TFA really needed some villain presence, Hux did nothing, Captain chrome did nothing and snork did nothing
>>
>>64465141
not the same anon, please keep giving serious replies to memes so I can spot you reddit tourists right away
>>
>>64465453
I thought about that

It's like poetry it rhymes

but honestly I'm tired of him as the villain behind everything, getting uglier each trilogy
>>
>>64464934
What got me was not only was she able to use mind control, but that she even knew it was possible in the first place. Also I just don't buy it that she knows the falcon better than fucking Han Solo, or that she's a great space pilot yet has never left the planet.

Finn while not perfect, felt like he had an actual personality and struggled at points, boyega did a solid job on acting him, even if the character did get a little caried away with killing storm troopers. It would have been great to see him hesitate, especially against a friend he could have known (ie make phasma a friendly mentor, not a bitch, to create some real conflict). Also you expect me to believe soldiers and janitors learn the insides thoroughly of an evil empires secret weapon?

I hope We just get more of Poe and Finn together, and Rey doing whatever the fuck else somewhere else. Also plenty of chewie complaining, definite highlight of the movie.
>>
>>64465151
It's not a meme

It's a shitty post being forced as fuck. What kind of faggot thinks spamming "don't ever talk to me again, I'll kill you" in every fucking thread is funny at all?
>>
>>64465457
I think hux would have been amazing if we had seen his rise to power. Think hitler in "the rise of evil"
>>
>>64465681
Maybe you should start contributing to the thread then :)
>>
>>64465011
Yeah, what in God's name? This is such a lay theory
>>
>>64464577
>>64464660
Pants on head retarded
>>
>>64463334
Gungan
>>
>>64463251
friendly reminder that the endboss of the SWCU is a grapefruit
>>
>>64464488

>Starkiller base absorbs Helium or some shit to shoot hyperspace lasers that travel super slow across the screen

>Starforge is an ancient 3D printer

Both are fucking stupid, even the Super Star Destroyer was fucking dumb

They could of made another dozen Star Destroyers instead
>>
>>64464971
>Finn can't handle killing innocents yet he's perfectly fine with slaughtering tens of Stormtroopers that were his comrades

It's kill or be killed
>>
>>64465157
Why tho, I mean if you think about it it's obvious that the chief sheev we see in 1-end of 3 is not his true self (not even yellow eyes or anything) but the confusion about whether the lightning caused his fucked up looks or not would never have been a thing
>>
>>64466909
Uhm it would have been a spoiler?? People who first watched it (in the chronological order like they should) would have known what's up with palp...
>>
File: Snoke.jpg (83 KB, 714x301) Image search: [Google]
Snoke.jpg
83 KB, 714x301
>>64463251
he went to another dimension you know
>>
>>64467115
>(in the chronological order like they should)

No you retard because then the whole 'i am your father' moment is ruined and spoiled.
>>
>>64466204
Yeah but there's no reaction from him. Sure he has to do it to survive but it should provoke some fucking emotion.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.