[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Damn this one was enjoyable - and I'm not really the action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: The-Man-from-U.N.C.L.E.png (229 KB, 620x315) Image search: [Google]
The-Man-from-U.N.C.L.E.png
229 KB, 620x315
Damn this one was enjoyable - and I'm not really the action type, but this one caught me off guard. Thought it was gonna be some mediocre washed up James Bond-ish film (implying it wasn't), and I was really surprised.

Anymore like it?
>>
>>64453745
Loved it
>>
>>64453745

ive been seeing a lot of praise for this one on here. the trailer looked awful but will try now
>>
I chose to watch Blackhat tonight instead of this> Definitely watching tomorrow.
>>
This was fantastic. Would recommend.
>>
So much better than that turd Kingsman.

i give this one a solid 8/10
>>
Did anyone try watching the old tv show it was based on?
>>
Rehash of campy 60's spy movies. But if you like that its good.

Do not take it seriously.
>>
>>64453745
Such a fun little movie. Easily one of my top of 2015.
>>
I turned it off after 10 minutes. Supermans and that mechanic lady had the shittiest performances
>>
>>64453745

I was actually asking if there's other movies out there like this one, doesn't HAVE to be a spy movie, if it's got the same "feel" to it.
>>
I really liked it but Henry's face is so well sculpted that I can never buy him in any role that he is in, the dude always looks like a model, he never looks like a character in whatever setting he is in
>>
>>64454018
Something about his american accent is really off
>>
>>64454046

I got a strong Oceans Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen vibe from it.
>>
>>64454139
Agreed. He's entirely too handsome to ever play some sort of everyman character.
>>
>>64454139
Is he british? He's british right?
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 668x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 668x960
>>64454234
Yeah, British.

Kids called him "Fat Cavill" in school, so he bulked the fuck up just to spite them.

Not gonna see anything like that nowadays.
>>
Which for the best spy experience, this or Tinker Tailor?
>>
>>64454460
This for fun action, Tinker for true spy shit.
>>
>>64454310
So to combat people calling him fat he actively got fatter to "spite them"?

Seems like a shitty excuse to be quite honest
>>
Soundtrack was GOAT. Loved this movie.
>>
>>64453745
I'm literally about to watch it, got gf to redbox it, she better like it
>>
>>64454460
this must be a joke question, Tinker obviously but UNCLE has a top tier qt
>>
>>64454574
I fucked up the phrasing

I meant to say he got stronger. Fitter.

>>64455464
Let us know what you and her think.
>>
>>64453943
They did get the vibe right, that is for sure.
>>
>>64455556
every time she was on screen made me wish for a qt /fa/ gf
>>
>>64453943
You're going to need to define "take it seriously"
>>
>>64455624
me too anon, me too
>>
>>64455556
her if you want the qt type, the other blonde chick if you like the sexy bsdm crazy bitch type
>>
File: uncle-435.jpg (42 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
uncle-435.jpg
42 KB, 435x580
one of my favorite films of the year. saw it in theaters 4 times

all of the acting was sort of mediocre tier and there was nothing fancy about the plot but it was exactly what it was aiming to be- super fun fast paced spy movie with lots of quips and good fashion and that Ritchie vibe
>>
>>64454310
>everyone should be forced to fight in a war
>>
>>64456115
Not saying that.

Just saying, what this generation of which I am a part believes in and fights for is inane self-centered bullshit compared to those who fought for something that mattered.

I'm a hypocrite though, since I've never fought for anything my whole life.
>>
>nobody but Hugh Grant was using their real accent
>>
>>64456430
I wanted more Hugh Grant.
>>
>>64453745
There were plenty of good spy movies in 2015. My pick is between The Man From Uncle and Kingsman. Man from Uncle felt a lot more like a spy movie than Kingsman though. It was a fun movie.
>>
>>64454498
My thoughts exactly
>>
Future cult fave?
>>
>>64457208
I certainly hope so. The ending of the movie could very easily lead into a sequel, but I'm worried it didn't do well enough at the box office to get one greenlit.
>>
>>64453745
Total borefest, avoid this at all costs.
>>
Saw this and few days ago and was pleasantly surprised

8/10 I hope they make a sequel
>>
The most I've enjoyed a movie in the past few years. I really wish they would do more of the nice fun adventure type movies like this, The Mummy, National Treasure, etc
>>
>>64455559
We loved it, I give it a Vikander/10, shame there won't be a sequel
>>
>>64459780
Fuckin' A, man.
>>
File: rocky.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
rocky.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>a fucking auto mechanic
>a fucking communist
>both are experts in high fashion

It was worth it, though. Vikander was a 10/10 throughout with those nice small 60s dresses.
>>
>>64453745
More movies like this? And no trolling, please. The one time I asked /tv/ recommended the Kingsmen.
>>
>>64460495
Someone mentioned The Mummy earlier.

You could probably try Snatch, same director. Don't think that's much similar to this though.
>>
>>64453745
Yeah, rented it because I thought it might be okay but ended up loving it. Annoyed I missed it in theaters.
>>
>>64459374
>National Treasure
Yes, we need more fun adventure movies like that
>>
>>64460630
>Annoyed I missed it in theaters.
This. I hadn't even heard of it until after.
>>
Is there a webm of Gaby dancing in the background.

Also, how did we go from the type of dance to nigger twerk?
>>
>>64460990
>Also, how did we go from the type of dance to nigger twerk?
;_;
>>
>>64453877
trailer does it no justice, great film with a better soundtrack
>>
>>64453745
Basically models playing spy. There is no substance to this movie. They put all their money in aesthetics.
>>
>>64453745
If you like old-school Bond-esque spy action movies, check out Kingsmen.
>>
>>64456215
That is an intellectually honest statement, at least.

Helps that you're right.
>>
>>64461452
No, just watch old school bond movies. Kingsmen is a spy movie for teenagers. It's only redemption was the church scene and the hottie Dutch Princess who wants it in the butthole.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.