[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recast the all-female Ghostbusters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: ghostbusters.png (2 MB, 1956x430) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters.png
2 MB, 1956x430
I question the necessity of an all-female Ghostbusters reboot but it COULD have been good with the right casting.

Let's mourn what could have been and turn it into a decent watch. Pic related would be by choices.
>>
>>64452694
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 460x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 460x320
>>
>>64452819
So Fast and Furious girl and literally whos?
>>
>>64452694
Lacey chabert, jessica chastain, Emma Stone, Linda cardellini
>>
Emma Watson, Emma Stone, Emma Roberts, Bruce Jenner
>>
>>64452694
Lacey Chabert, Rachel Mcadams, Amanda Seyfried, and Lindsay Lohan
>>
>they should have casted women that I mastubate to
>>
>>64453068
Oh fuck I'd watch this
>>
Needs a black girl.
>>
>>64453207
Imagine that. Lexi Belle, Presley Hart, The Red Fox, and Krystal Boyd.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2186x3291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2186x3291
>>64453207
Can at least ONE of them be?
>>
>>64453207
>masturbating to a literal bird
Fuck off.
>>
>>64453310
Bella Thorne looks old as shit now.
>>
>>64453310
>mixing business with pleasure
(mastubating = business, enjoying films = pleasure)
>>
>>64453068
Bump Tina Fey up to the fourth ghostbuster as by the time this goes to production Lindsay will be the ghost
>>
File: 1444676963230.jpg (764 KB, 936x1231) Image search: [Google]
1444676963230.jpg
764 KB, 936x1231
Chloe Moretz, Evangeline Lilly, Alexandra Daddario, Rooney Mara

what do you think tv
>>
>>64453457
>Chloe Moretz
kill yourself
>>
>>64453457
>not having Alex as a demon queen ghost
>>
>>64452694

Emma Stone, Elizabeth Olsen, Imogen Poots and Marisa Tomei.
>>
Kat Dennings
Kaitlyn Olsen
Alexandria Daddario
Gianna Michaels and Sophie Dee in one of those two-headed sweaters playing siamese twin ghost busters
>>
Anyone but Kristen Wiig. I fucking dread seeing anything Ghostbusters related because of the off-chance of seeing her face. I hate her with a passion, I have no idea why but I just pray this movie gets Food Fight'd and they "lose" the movie so no one contracts cancer.

I don't have any picks for the Ghostbuster's reboot because it's not necessary to remake a movie with an all female cast to appeal to feminazi trash. How about you make an original movie with this cast. Oh wait, you wouldn't make any money because the only money to be made from this reboot is because of the name.
>>
Julianne Moore, Eva Green, Michelle Rodriguez, Cate Blanchett
>>
Zooey Deschanel

Anna Faris

Ksenia Solo

Maria Bamford
>>
File: Hollywood pls hire me.jpg (517 KB, 2660x756) Image search: [Google]
Hollywood pls hire me.jpg
517 KB, 2660x756
>>64452694
Alright, let's try to do this besides just putting waifus in:
So Egon has to be more deadpan and dry, Ray is the goofball, Peter is sarcastic and laidback, Winston is the outsider that just yells at all the weird shit that's going on and Janine is the bored secretary that doesn't really want to be there, right?

Cool, now help me because I can't find a good Janine, who's a comedian that can do the loveable annoyed asshole these days? McHale?
>>
>>64453981
I was with you until JGL
>>
>>64452694
8.5/10

>>64452819
3/10

>>64453457
9/10

>>64453981
7.5/10

The actual cast is a 1/10 btw, Wiig gives them the 1 point.
>>
>>64454058
>sir, we need the normie audience though
>>
>>64454301
That's why Aisha's there. Do it again.
>>
>>64453981
Swap Aubrey with Alisha, Aubrey with Dennings, use either Charlie Day/Glen Howerton for the Janine role and Amy Poehler for the Lou Role.
>>
>>64453457
>Chloe moretz
Fucking die.
>>
>>64454327
>we need the "DUDE WEED LMAO" audience
>>
>>64454432
JGL? Nobody's going to hire you. James Franco's a better fit for the normie/weed audience if you're not using Jason Mewes or Seth Rogan.
>>
>Daniel Tosh
>Louis CK
>Bill Cosby
>That faggot with the puppets
>>
I like the cast. All young group leans too comedic, mixed ages would be tonally imbalanced, of the crop of actressss yeah I like this cast well enough. I would not want Fey or Poelher near this is my point
>>
>>64454526
Tosh is a sex offender?
>>
>>64454345
>Howerton for Janine
pretty good
>Poehler for the Lou role
Now we're talking. Who for Dana's role?
Who for Peck's role? And would she be called pussyless?
>>
File: 1364445509365.jpg (389 KB, 1246x1241) Image search: [Google]
1364445509365.jpg
389 KB, 1246x1241
Replace them all with Victoria's Secret angels.

They can't act, but neither can the current female Ghostbusters.
>>
>>64452694
recast as males:
>Jackie Chan
>Chris Tucker
>Matt Damon
>Steven Yuen as Jackie's estranged son who becoems the fourth GB
>>
>>64454551
>And would she be called pussyless?
Julia Louis-Dreyfus for Peck role and yes or something similar This woman has no ovaries?

Dana role goes to Zac Efron/Paul Rudd?
>>
>>64454593
>upton
>victoria's secret angel
go away
>>
Cobie Smulders as the Bill Murrayish character, Aubrey Plaza as the Dan Akroydish character, Amy Acker as the Harold Ramis character and Shanola Hampton as the Ernie Hudson character.
>>
>>64454763
>This woman has no ovaries?
Oh this is gold. SOLID GOLD
>>
4x Christina Hendricks
>>
>>64454823
Tina Fey is the mayor and David Bowie is Gozer.
>>
>>64454536
Yeah, they would totally be scene-stealers as well as their recent movie looking not terribly funny.
>>
> AK-47
> Aubrey Plaza
> MEW
> Nathalie Emmanuel

I don't object to the All Female Ghost Busters, I object to the completely shit casting.
>>
>>64454907
>not casting Rashida Jones as the black chick
would've been GOAT otherwise
>>
>>64454963

That's probably a better choice, but I think Nathalie is a QT.
>>
>>64454669
Best cast in all thread.
>>
>>64454793
Bill Murrayish character's Sigourney Weaverish character's love interest
>Hayden Christensen

Rick Moranish character
>Emily Kinney

Secretary
>Paul Dano

Antagonist
>Rosamund Pike
>>
>>64455158
>Paul Dano

Perfect.

OP here, elaborating a bit more on my choices out of boredom/light waifuism.

Emma Stone, Melissa Fumero and Kaitlin Olson are the scientists; Stone deadpan and rational, Fumero inquisitive and active, Olson caustic and Machiavellian.

That fourth recruit is a great way to introduce an actress from a completely different demographic; I'm going for age here with Hendricks. Disillusioned with her office job (wink wink meta shit), she joins the team. Outwardly appears like the alpha Wonder Woman and is keen to take the lead with the action, though consistently overestimates her abilities and is completely oblivious to it.
>>
Jessica Biel
bridget regan
Evangeline lilly
January jones
Asr
>>
Jennifer Lawrence
Amy Schumer
Lena Dunham
Black Hermione
>>
asr
ryry
brie larson
alison brie
>>
>>64453518
Fund it!
>>
>>64454593
>Victoria's Secret
>posts Kate Upton

heh
>>
Rashida Jones
>She's the minority role, one of the original three. She tries to play it safe, by keeping civilian casualties to a minimum, avoid property damage and making sure every ghost is captured. The mother of the group.

Kaitlin Olson
>Kicked out of the police academy for being reckless, shoots things, first asks questions later. She's the media face of the group, she's on talk shows, magazine covers, commercials.

Cobie Smulders
>Trying to get out of her father's shadow by proving the existence of paranormal phenomenons. The smartest of the group and creates the equipment used.

Kat Dennings
>Joins the group, because they were hiring and she needs moneys. Youngest member, she has a laid back attitude towards the job and to paranormals. She also often enables Katlin olson's character

Glen Howerton
>The secretary role, the ladies think he's hot, he only has eyes for his work.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus
>The beucratic antagonist to the Ghostbusters, ex college girlfriend of Rashida Jones' character and feels she is wasting her potential as a Ghostbuster.

Amy Poehler
>She's the neighbour of Kaitlin Olson. She is a happy go lucky person, who often at time is quite clumsy, forgetful and says the first things that pops into her head to break the tension within a room.

Alan Tudyk/Paul Rudd
>Lives in Kaitlin's building, is her love interest and experiences the main paranormal threat. He is trying to break into either the animation business or comic industry.
>>
File: nuGhostbusters.jpg (92 KB, 615x615) Image search: [Google]
nuGhostbusters.jpg
92 KB, 615x615
Emma Stone = the hot one
Mary Elizabeth Winstead = the sexy one
Teresa Palmer = the one I want to fuck
Hayden Panettiere = the face sitter

Slimer is Gabourey Sidibe
>>
>ctrl f rose byrne
>no hits

she's literally the GOAT female in comedy ensembles
>>
>>64452694
it's worse than a reboot cash-grab,
it's a gimmick based reboot cash-grab.

Like fucking Thumb Wars! Might as well advertise an all-Korean cast, or say all the ghosts will be played by the cast of the broadway musical Cats!

No reboot is worth it, most are garbage and the absolute best ones are still not as iconic or memorable as the first.

When they start making "all female" cast reboots or some other shitty gimmick, it's scraping the bottom of the barrel, it's reducing your IP to the quick foreign knock offs that try to compete with it. You are literally throwing your IP down the toilet to squeeze just a drop of more cash from it's corpse.
>>
Lizzy Caplan = Bill Murray
Alison Brie = Dan Akroyd
Eliza Coupe = Harold Ramis
Meagan Good = Ernie Hudson
>>
>>64454669
kek
>>
>>64458037
I think this could actually work. If nothing else, it would be light years the present trainwreck,
>>
Girl who does lanas voice in archer. Seth rogan. Emma stone . Rdj.
>>
I think the casting is just fine.
>>
>>64458699

And also with this one (>>64458037)you could possibly do a better rumoured crossover with a male Ghostbusters.

>Three friends see how much money the first team is making and decide to make their own, which becomes more popular with the public.

Which leads into the crossover, where they have to put aside their differences and have to fight the forces of Satan and drive hell out of New York.

Zac Efron - The pretty boy, he wants to be famous, bang chicks and make money quick and easy.

The Rock
>Failed College Football star with a heart of gold. Is sick of being a gym trainer, wants to provide more for his daughter and himself.

Tyler Labine
>Lives on Zac's couch after dropping out of college. A Lazy, out of shape stoner who would rather smoke weed and play video games than get a job.

Zooey Deschanel
>A divorced single mother and the only person the group could agree onto join the team. She's in over her head, as she was actually applying for the secretary position. She's a kind hearted person, who tries to fit in with the boys she and The Rock bond over being parents.

There would be a moment where Labine is in a room alone getting high, playing video games rather than catching a ghost, the ghost comes into the room it cuts to a different scene of Zooey Deschanel trying to reason with a ghost to find out why it's sad, cut back to a smoke filled room where Labine and the ghost are clearly high, the ghost asks for another hit and the controller, which phase through the ghost and then both proceed to drop to the ground. Which causes Labine and the ghost to start into a laughing fit.

There would also be cameos from different actors who are applying for the fourth role in the team.

>Bill Murray as a man deemed to old to chase after ghosts.

>Charlie Day who the gang dub as to annoying.

>Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill who insist they come as a pair, which weirds the team out.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.