[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else's respect for George Lucas and the prequels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: young-george-lucas1.jpg (15 KB, 290x320) Image search: [Google]
young-george-lucas1.jpg
15 KB, 290x320
Has anyone else's respect for George Lucas and the prequels gone up?
>>
>>64441597

No, because time doesn't make the movies less shitty.
>>
>>64441597
No. This meme was dead before it started.
>>
Prequel hate was just a meme.
>>
>>64441597
No and no.
>>
In many ways the prequel trilogy was superior to the original trilogy.
>>
Nah
George raped the OT
JewJew only mad a mediocre movie
>>
>>64441597
I've always respected George and I've always hated the prequels. Thats it.
>>
>>64441597
my respect was always high
>>
I thought you didn't use the internet George
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 500x364
WAY UP.

I've thought about grabbing the Blu-Rays but I can't stand the SEs.
>>
I hate them more
>>
>>64441597
George was good when he didn't have unlimted power and no one to challagne his thoughts. This is why Empire Strikes Back is considered the best Star Wars.
>George created Palpatine after a reflection of Himself
>POOOOOOWEEER, UNLIMTED POOOOOOWEEER.
>>
>>64441634
Time made Blade Runner less shitty.
>>
>>64441751
>JewJew only made a mediocre movie
JewJew only raped the ending of the OT
>>
>>64442275
>This is why Empire Strikes Back is considered the best Star Wars
But George had more power there than he did for the first Star Wars.
>>
No, but now that I saw TFA I understand his vision for the prequels, and why he made world building his priority over script, etc.

TFA is a much better executed film than any of the George Lucas directed Star Wars. But at the same time Lucas never got on with the Directors Guild and he never wanted to be a good filmmaker. He wanted to build mythical stories in new worlds. He achieved what he set out to do in the prequels, as he had CGI, etc. That's why he's so defensive of them.
>>
yes to the first

no to the second
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.