[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT YOU BROUGHT ME TODAY lS WORTH... HMM... ONE QUARTER PORTlON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 756776567.jpg (52 KB, 760x507) Image search: [Google]
756776567.jpg
52 KB, 760x507
WHAT YOU BROUGHT ME TODAY lS WORTH... HMM... ONE QUARTER PORTlON
>>
why did rey give a shit about some random droid

i thought she was supposed to be a scavenger on a backwards ass planet where you do anything to survive

and why did the scavenger give her the droid in the first place

why didn't she sell it when she had the chance
>>
>>64441928
Disney had to make the droid look cute. Disney wrote Rey as very emotionally attached to BB8 from the get-go, this way there was no question that the children will buy all the BB8 toys

Everything in this movie is designed to somehow make as much money as possible.

All movies are really.
>>
>>64442000
>All movies are
>>
Who cares? It's not like BB-8, a metal ball, could physically roll on sand, as depicted. A complete impossibility.
>>
>>64441411
stop trying to make this a meme. Everyone knows tr-8r is the only meme that actually worked
>>
>>64441928
droids are sort of alive and she sympathised with it

how detached from anything must you be to not grasp this
>>
You think Rey ever whored her ass to for extra portions?
>>
>>64442112
she's a scavenger who dismantles things to eat, why would she suddenly want to save a droid

i thought this was hardcore survivor girl who had to fend by herself

and no, droids for the most part were never seen as people in the movies, except for that one weird scene in the prequels when queen amidala suddenly thanks R2D2
>>
>>64442112

>droids
>alive

its just a fucking while-loop
>>
>>64442152
nah, she gave it away for free
>>
>>64442212
>and no, droids for the most part were never seen as people in the movies
>R2 and 3po aren't two of the main characters who appear in every film
>>
did rey ever sell her body for portions?
>>
>>64442322
no, rey is pure
>>
>>64442311
they weren't seen as people by any of the main characters, even the kind hearted luke skywalker responded to R2 with sarcasm
>>
>>64441928
>and why did the scavenger give her the droid in the first place

That dude apparently has a huge role in this whole new star wars saga.

His presence is emphasized on everything from novelization texts to toys.
>>
Guys, do you think Rey would ever fuck someone for extra portions?
>>
the droid thing was a prime example of what was wrong with this movie

>ILL GIVE YOU ALL THESE PORTIONS FOR YOUR DROID
>NO
>OK GO STEAL THAT FUCKING DROID AND MURDER THAT BITCH

No exposition explaining why he wants the droid, no rationale given for why it's that valuable, no qualifying if outright murder is like a normal thing or what. Just LOL STUFF HAPPENING.

The entire movie is written this way and its awful.
>>
>>64441411
ITT: asking logical questions about a children's movie.

HAY GUISE HOW COME CHARMANDER CANT BEAT RYCHUMON
>>
>>64442728

well we already know Daisy was taking extra portions during her youth
>>
>>64442000

>all movies are

not even all movies from the massive studios are made for no other reason than money

if they were all we'd get were adam sandler comedies and transformer sequels

for most films (mega blockbuster franchises excluded) they just want to see a decent profit. and while they'll interfere with decisions likely to massively influence profits, they arent micromanaging each film to appeal to every demographic as much as possible
>>
>>64442940

no. you're just autistic.
>>
I thought it was funny how her line "that's just Tito he wants you for parts... he DOESN'T HAVE RESPECT FOR ANYBODY" was literally her most emotional delivery in the entire movie
>>
>>64443280
yea, no, I watch action movies and kung fu mostly, my bar for exposition is low as fuck

and this movie still came in well under it

look at the scene where Fin and the other dude escape from the ship, its just HEY I NEED A PILOT WE ARE FRIENDS NOW

I mean I know its written for kids but this shit is litearlly like watching a kids disney cartoon
>>
File: lilDewback_03[1].jpg (160 KB, 576x524) Image search: [Google]
lilDewback_03[1].jpg
160 KB, 576x524
>>64442405
>huge role in this whole new star wars saga

I bet you anything he has no importance whatsoever and is just being pushed like that to sell a toy
>>
>>64443510

Well, he appears in Reys flashback when she touches the lightsaber.
>>
>>64442101
go back to twitter, neil.
>>
>>64442940
Autism, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
File: shig.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
shig.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
>>64443393
How much exposition do you need before you believe characters will cooperate to achieve mutual interests under life-or-death circumstances?
>>
DUDE REMBER THAT SENTENCE ON THE MOVIE? LMAO
>>
>>64444698
Trey tore
>>
>>64443061
Because Rychumon sounds like "Rich Man" which is obiously a Jew, and Charmander uses fire attacks. Jews are especially vulnerable to fire.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.