[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /HumanizingStormtroopers/ here? Are they not human?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
Who /HumanizingStormtroopers/ here? Are they not human?
>>
They are but they are mindless soldiers of an evil empire like Nazis or american marines so no pity for them

I love the casual conversations between Stormtroopers in the games and them complaining about their job and stuff
>>
>>64433095
>Are they not human?
no, they're clones
>>
>>64433825
except for, you know, that one black guy.
>>
>>64433865
here is you're reply : ^)
>>
File: ObiWanMindTrick.jpg (14 KB, 359x300) Image search: [Google]
ObiWanMindTrick.jpg
14 KB, 359x300
>>64433095
>>64433865
>More machine than meme
>>
>>64433865
>no, they're clones

:^) stop
>>
>>64433865
How would a clone not be a human, anyway?
>>
File: StormtrooperTatoos.jpg (71 KB, 540x663) Image search: [Google]
StormtrooperTatoos.jpg
71 KB, 540x663
Read "Lost Stars", it's a Canon book, and it came out earlier this year.

Prepare to have your heart broken when you see the events of ANH happen entirely from the viewpoint of regular hardworking Imperials.
>>
File: 2OsGh.jpg (667 KB, 3405x2266) Image search: [Google]
2OsGh.jpg
667 KB, 3405x2266
Humanizing stormtroopers was one of the few good things in Episode VII.

Obviously they cant make them entirely human (wait a second, does that mean all those hundreds of thousands on death star were killed mercilessly?) so they go with 'brainwashed goons'.

But really, the one stormtrooper dying in the opening battle, those two guys turning aro when Kylo looses it, those two guys chatting about some random stuff when protagonists are sneaking into the base and obviously TR-8R.

One thing i would love the most would be tv-series or even a spinoff movie about stormtrooper squad in outer rim during the OT era that fights against some space pirates or even some opportunistic gang that abuses the rebellion against the mepire as way to opress regular folk. It would both show stormtroopers as human and not make rebellion the bad guys.

>>64433865
Oh boy, i am really glad rebels is considered canon. Up until now if you pointed out that OT stormtroopers are not clones everyone would just go >EU but since disney said the tv shows are canon it really makes this a lot easier.
>>
>>64434481
I really like the i guess coherence would be the correct word of the new EU.
I mean old EU was great, but it was still only licensed fanfic at best. If i am understanding it correctly, the new EU is actually considered in one line with movies and actually does serve as official extension of the universe.
>>
File: StormtrooperGoofingAround.gif (2 MB, 288x291) Image search: [Google]
StormtrooperGoofingAround.gif
2 MB, 288x291
>>64434481
>wait a second, does that mean all those hundreds of thousands on death star were killed mercilessly?
I'm the anon who recommended the Lost Stars book.

I wont spoil too much in case any lurkers are interested, but basically yes. There was 2 million people on the Death Star, and most didn't even know it was a Battle Station. They thought it was a Military Space Station (which it is) but the whole superweapon thing? It was a secret to most of the people on board.

When Alderaan was destroyed, many panicked. There was a good amount of talk of deserting, people trying to find ways to get off the Death Star. But it was hard. Desertion means death, you had to find the right time and place to gtfo.

Before anybody really had a chance to leave, the X-Wings start swooping in, and against all odds, destroy the Death Star.

Hundreds of thousands, perhaps over a million innocent lives lost, alongside the 8 million(i think) people on Alderaan.

The chapters after this are chilling too. Characters who managed to get off the Death Star trying to make contact, trying to figure out what happened, very chilling stuff.

I love the rare times that the enemies are humanized in Star Wars.

>>64434673
Coherence is a very accurate word for it. And yes, any Canon material released now is approved directly by the Lucasfilm Story Group, and is to be considered on equal footing to the movies, unlike the "Expanded Universe" which was a series of tiers of what is Canon over other things.

>>64434545
There are still Clones in the Empire, but they're rarer, most were discarded.
>>
File: sadfrogportrait.png (308 KB, 388x380) Image search: [Google]
sadfrogportrait.png
308 KB, 388x380
>>64433095
>>64433865
>>64434245

>be 8 years old
>live in Coruscant slums
>mommy works at the cantina
>daddy is in the army
>last time I saw daddy was outside the spaceport before he left to go fight the baddies in the outer rim
>he promised me that he'd be back in 6 months and I shouldn't worry and that I need be good and take care of mommy
>mommy gave him a kiss and I hugged him extra hard
>crying all the way back home because I missed him already
>that was 2 years ago
>mommy is always standing at the window crying
>daddy probably isn't coming home
>>
>>64434884

Sounds like the book was inspired by this clip

http://youtu.be/xV7Ha3VDbzE
>>
>>64434993
>fast forward few years
>you die of starvation or turn to crime because new republic is the same ineffective bureucratic mess that the old republic was
sheev did literally nothing wrong
he really didnt, even blowing up alderaan can be justifiable and it was on Tarkin's initiative anyway
>>
>>64434481
>google it
>rome and juliet style love story between a rebel and an imperial
>written by a woman

I'll pass.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGOVbXF7Iog
>>
>Finn turns the turret and proceeds to blast his seconds earlier former comrades to ashes
>Stormtroopers stolen as children lie bleeding and dead

>Finn turns the turret to the control tower
>Air traffic controllers, petty officers, assistants and others look up in horror at the hovering TIE fighter which begins to fire

>WHOOO DID YEW SEE DAT, DID YEW SEE DAT!!!!!!

Oh boy :^) I sure do empathize with this brave character

How can anyone not want the Empire to win?
>>
>>64435350
>I just do data entry!
>>
>>64435350
This
I remember reading about some WW1 British soldier who just couldnt take it anymore and so he killed half of his unit in their sleep just so he could desert undetected.

Finn is that guy, only that he frees the german pow and joins the german army on the way.

I mean sure, i get that the dislikes the First Order's cause and sympathises with the resistance and i understand that having to fight against his former comrades is the only way to do that, but they could handle his character a lot better,
>>
>Be low-class Alderaani
>Despise the gentry and it's ilk
>Grateful toward tne empire for a feeling of purpose and employment
>Alderaan destroyed.
>Blame fat pompus royalty for inciting violence and the death of Billions
>Stationed in the outer rim
>hear of the loss of the death star alongside so many of your comrades
>Intense hatred of the rebellion
>>
>be me
>be white trooper
>operation Tar Wars: capture niggas
>bedbunk next to Finn: the First Odor
>fuck me
>>
could destroying either of the death stars be considered a war crime
>>
>>64435350
I have no idea why Abrams made the Stormtroopers people who were stolen at birth and know nothing but being Stormtroopers.
>>
>>64435708
Nope, they are legitimate military targets.
>>
>>64435759
Its halfway between lucas' 'they are all clones so not really people' and regular human beings.
>>
Who /already moved on from heavily marketed franchise films/ here??
>>
>>64433825
could you be anymore of a bleeding heart faggy liberal
>>
>>64435830
The problem is that there's nothing wrong with killing the regular human beings in the OT. They knew they were joining the military and putting their lives on the line.

Same can't be said for ST yet we're supposed to act like it's the same.
>>
>>64435538
Was he half-Kraut? Evil fuck!
>>
>>64433825
>The empire
>Evil

Upvoted my friend
>>
>>64435708

It's called the Death Star and literally a mobile military designed to destroy planets
>>
>>64435835
yeah me haha i cant believe all the other people in my algebra class actually watched that stupid movie in the theaters. i over heard them talking about it lol idiots
>>
>>64435925
i was just thinking out loud
>>
>>64435835
Ah, I see a fellow patrician is in this thread *Tips*.
>>
File: Lost_Stars.png (741 KB, 678x1024) Image search: [Google]
Lost_Stars.png
741 KB, 678x1024
>>64434884
Hahaha, why would you read Lost Stars? It's literally a young adult romance novel that features a self insert character you would find in fan fiction and is involved in every major event that happened in the movies. I know it's star wars but at least have some standards when reading the books.
>>
>>64433872
OOGA BOOGA fuck off.
>>
>>64435864

Yeah them making Finn "a baby that was taken away and he had no choice" heavily ruins the Stormtroopers. Before they were simple average joes that just did their work. They knew what they were getting into, they knew the risks.
Now with every Stormtrooper being potentially innocent it's the Rebels who blow up planets who kill the innocent.

Also it retroacticely makes Imperial Academy from ANH non-canon because fuck it can't have a morally grey main character
>>
>>64436039
I think it's likely that stealing babies is just a New Order thing.
>>
>>64436031
I liked Lost Stars. It wasn't great, but the characters were interesting and it was neat seeing the events of the trilogy from a different perspective. It's also always good to further humanize members of the Empire.
>>
>>64436039
Stealing babies is the first order thing.
Also there is literally nothing wrong with making empire into good guys.

I mean for all intents and purposes the rebellion and resistance fit most of definitions of terrorists.
>>
>>64436145
They don't do any terrorisming though they just fight the empire. In fact he Death Star is a terrorist weapon.
>>
>>64436031
Lost stars is actually pretty fucking stellar in terms of star wars fiction. I'd put it up with episode 4 in terms of story quality.
>>
>>64436031
>>64435185
You're genuinely missing out, it's a fun book.
>>
>>64436508
Go to bed, Claudia.
>>
>>64434884
>the whole superweapon thing? It was a secret to most of the people on board
that's fucking stupid. It literally takes up a massive proportion of the ship and presumably has a hell of a lot of systems devoted to it that most of the crew would get pinged to do stuff on at some point
>>
>>64436548
Not that guy but it does not sound that retarded. Sure officers and engineers would know but i doubt some random stormtrooper who was redeployed there from some shithole of an outpost on even shittier planet was briefed exclusively or had the will to ask too many questions.

He'd be glad for warm meals and a bed to sleep in. If asking too many questions meant even a slight chance of being deployed back you would keep your mind shut.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.