[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Netflix shilling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11
File: 1426228463997s.jpg (9 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1426228463997s.jpg
9 KB, 249x243
Why is netflix becoming the Apple of film and tv?

People seem to insert it into everything. It's not "making a murderer" it's "making a murderer on netflix" and "netflix's new show guys!"

just like how people used to attach "sent from my iphone" on their emails and talk about their macbook rather than their laptop.

Can we stop this blatant shilling?
>>
>>64431585
Seriously, is there anything worthwhile watching on Netflix?
It seems all the good stuff has migrated over to Hulu, except for HBO content.
>>
>>64431585
It's just americans being rich, pampered faggits. Pay no attention to it.
>>
File: netflix and chilling.png (2 MB, 790x911) Image search: [Google]
netflix and chilling.png
2 MB, 790x911
it's a very commendable thing for a company to have its name synonymous with casual sexual intercourse.
>>
File: 1444699881460.jpg (22 KB, 415x388) Image search: [Google]
1444699881460.jpg
22 KB, 415x388
>>64431726
>hey anon, do you want to come over for some netflix and shill
>>
File: netflix and chill.jpg (40 KB, 1024x571) Image search: [Google]
netflix and chill.jpg
40 KB, 1024x571
>>64431713
>>64431768
>netflix is expensive
>netflix is exclusive to America
>netflix is a jew conspiracy

you realize there are plenty of people on welfare who have a netflix account cause it's cheaper than cable? granted torrenting gets you everything for free, but plenty of people enjoy the convenience of the service. also as a bonus we don't have any crazy euro laws like a "tv license". also netflix has done a good job of helping to mitigate the Jewish stronghold over television broadcasting and movie licensing: they've given plenty of non-jewish producers, directors and actors the chance to be in Netflix funded content (some of which ends up critically acclaimed, see House of Cards, Bojack Horseman, Orange is the New Black, Marco Polo, etc) without resorting to the compliance of a Jewish/Israeli owned/supported television broadcasting company.

Basically Netflix has made everything better for everyone except the Jews who run TV broadcasting and cable company
>>
There shows are mostly trash.
>>
>>64431884
>images have letters in the titles
>marketing material reply
>hurr durr, netflix and chill = sex, you virgin

yeah, you definitely don't seem like a shill to me.
>>
Go to any uni social media and it's dumb white basic bitches making Netflix jokes
>>
File: when you can't relate.jpg (69 KB, 591x592) Image search: [Google]
when you can't relate.jpg
69 KB, 591x592
>>64431956
way to fully ignore everything I said, my man.
>>
File: 1449227029337.jpg (19 KB, 371x379) Image search: [Google]
1449227029337.jpg
19 KB, 371x379
>>64432263
>>
File: broke niggas.png (153 KB, 629x268) Image search: [Google]
broke niggas.png
153 KB, 629x268
>>64432354
it's alright family, there's still hope for you
>>
>>64431884
Are you authorised to make anti-semetic statements by netflix? Is this part of their "ground breaking marketing"?

And the end of the day, it's a company like any other and people who think that it's cooler than all the others are pretty much applefags 2.0
>>
File: 1449316927752.jpg (15 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1449316927752.jpg
15 KB, 320x320
>>64432454
Thanks mate. I was afraid I was going to be a virgin forever, like all those people who don't watch netflix.
>>
File: 04JTu29.jpg (313 KB, 1500x1157) Image search: [Google]
04JTu29.jpg
313 KB, 1500x1157
>>64431646
Loads of stuff
>>
>>64432617
Is that a bong? I love 420 (or weed as faggots call it). Netflix is so cool for endorsing my hobby.
>>
>>64432669
I freaking wish it was, that would be my dream bong cuz then when i smoke and exhale it would be like I'm an octopus inking all over the place.

It's just blown glass. How exactly does netflix endorse your hobby?
>>
>>64432726
netflix and sex and 420 go hand in hand my man, fuck off back to reddit you virgin no-fun faggot
>>
File: consider the following nye.jpg (37 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
consider the following nye.jpg
37 KB, 300x301
>>64432551
They are just a company, but I feel like it's really stupid to undermine how much Netflix really did.

First of all this is the company that cleanly cleaved the head right off of Blockbuster. No debate here: Netflix literally destroyed the concept of renting movies. It's irrelevant in the modern world because of them.

Second of all this is a company that somehow managed to get people to pay money to watch television through the internet in an age where you can download everything.

And like I said, they HAVE given a platform for many content creators (who didn't get in or didn't get the creative freedom or budget they wanted from one of those big TV/Film/Cable companies) to be able to produce their own content and receive a wide audience. It's now completely common for people to have watched a Netflix show, maybe not even on Netflix.

And probably the most important part is they made cable and television companies seriously rethink how they intend to deliver content. They made film producers step their game up to create the kind of blockbusters (in IMAX 3D) that make theater moviegoing an experience people still want to have. That and some broadcasters get the chance to lease out their shows to Netflix or Hulu to gain a broader audience, more money for the creators of the show.

No matter how you look at it, Netflix did two things successfully: They not only made it easier for tv/movie producers to be able to produce and broadcast their content (and make money from it), but they also provided a convenient service for people who don't have time to torrent or look through new shows all the time.

They're a company like any other, but they completely changed the landscape of modern television broadcasting.
>>
>>64432777
>netflix and sex and 420 go hand in hand my man, fuck off back to reddit you virgin no-fun faggot

holy shit lucky triple 7 trips! sorry man I will take your advice and try this netflix and chill and bong, maybe i'll get lucky!!!
>>
>>64432788
tl;dr?
>>
>>64431585
Synergy? Brand-information added to the amended title, so people will know where to get it?

This is like being mad that commercials say "OUT NOW ON PS3" or "COMING SOON TO DVD" when DVDs were a thing.

Also, cable is expensive and full of bloated crap you won't watch anyway, as well as adware.
>>
>>64432818
>trips
Oh shit, they teach you well at hebrew school. You forgot to add christian_bale.jpg to your post though.
>>
>>64432825
they killed blockbuster video (and movie renting as a whole), put a fire under cable/tv/film companies asses, gave a platform to directors/producers who couldn't get a greenlight elsewhere, and they made those same tv companies completely rethink their content delivery model while making film companies think of new ways to get people to pay money to go in theaters (IMAX 3D).

basically netflix is actually the best thing to happen to television and film in this century so far.
>>
>>64432857
>This is like being mad that commercials say "OUT NOW ON PS3" or "COMING SOON TO DVD" when DVDs were a thing

Yes an as a commercial it's fine, on a message board it looks like shilling whether intentional or not.
>>
I can't think of anything wrong with Netflix t b q h f a m.

It's cheap, quality, and interesting entertainment.
>>
>>64433010
I see. But it is an American/western surveillance state phenomenon. It's the same thing as Android vs Apple.

First worlders can afford being cucked by Apple, while everyone else chooses Android.

Why pay for netflicks, when you can pirate everything you want to watch?
>>
>>64431585
People do the same thing with HBO and AMC.
>>
>>64433043
I've never seen that happen on a forum... Then again, I haven't gone to a forum in over a decade.

Do you see this happen on 4chan? If you do, it's entry-level baiting.
>>
>>64431585
>just like how people used to attach "sent from my iphone" on their emails

That was never added by the user, it was added by Apple. Android devices had the same shit.
>>
>>64433288
>samefagging
>there are no shills on 4chan goy, trust me I'm one of you

Fuck off shill.
>>
File: spud.jpg (236 KB, 533x514) Image search: [Google]
spud.jpg
236 KB, 533x514
>>64433288
Just look at any thread for a show from company. the word Netflix will be everywhere. this doesn't happen to nearly the same extent for shows of other companies.

Once you notice it, it's infuriating
>>
>>64431726
Sauce
>>
>>64433373
I get the sneaking suspicion that I will never see this happen. I'll keep an eye out, now, because you've mentioned it. But just imagining what it'll look like, I am pretty sure you're just falling for rather weak bait.

This kind of "trolling" on 4chan is becoming ubiquitous. Mentioning something that ever made you mad, once, over and over because they know it'll throw you up. And since they ARE making threads/replies about the board topic, it's fantastic camouflage.
>>
>>64433731
you clearly don't belong here
>>
>>64431585
>>64432569
dumb frogposter
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.