[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not a Star Wars fan but really enjoyed this fight, How did i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 17.jpg (110 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
110 KB, 1200x675
Not a Star Wars fan but really enjoyed this fight, How did it resonate with the fans?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMZdrUx8eM
>>
I enjoyed it.
>>
>>64426289
>not a star wars fan
>literally posting on star wars the board
>>
the jango scenes are the only good ones in the entire movie
>>
>>64426355
I agree. And I know im probably going to get shit for this, but adding that actors voice to Boba on the OT is probably the only good thing Lucas did. I kinda like the idea that Boba is an exact clone of Jango Fett. Just grew up with his father being a bounty hunter and learning the trade from day one.
>>
>>64426289
I enjoyed it.
>>
>>64426289
>>
>>64426289
video looks good but that OP pic looks like a video game
>>
>>64426612
This.

I liked Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett's voice too, but original Boba Fett had a badass voice.
>>
Might be the best part of AotC. I especially liked the fact that it's the only fight in the entire saga that has a force/lightsaber user matched evenly against a blaster user
>>
>>64426612

Here's the shit you predicted, because thats a completely horrible idea and incredible disrespectful to the original actor who voiced him.

Why anyone at all okayed those changes is beyond me
>>
>>64426289
Even fans who hate the movie generally like it.

I think it's a great action scene, the movie really starts to pick up around this point, shame you have to sit through an hour of shit to get there.
>>
Obi Wan felt like a clumsy retard. Bobba Fett died like a bitch, why is this guy any better?
>>
>>64426999
I slightly prefer the original but they're both good

>He'sss no good to me dead!
vs
>Hey's nah gud ta me ded, bru
>>
It was about the only fight in the prequels that wasn't shit. But I forgot it even happened.
>>
Watching this scene for the first time in years, it's really clear how bad the CGI is.

I remember teenage me was really obsessed with Boba Fett, so when Jango was introduced I kinda lost my shit. It's something about that armor design, and Jango's voice was really cool.
>>
>>64426934
It's well known that Obi wan only needs uneven ground, and his high ground comment was to bait anakin into attempting a risky maneuver
>>
>>64427004
Boba Fett was a non character and was played by 3 different stunt men.
>>
>>64426289
Everyone rates RoTS as the best prequel movie, but I think there's more to like in AoTC. The only good things to come out of the prequels were the badass clones and the Kamino stuff related to them.

This whole sequence works because it's a nice little detective story, keeping it very simple without much fluff. It also works because the fight itself is assymetric so it's not just 2 lightsaber wielders going at it which reduces all the wild swings and shit and instead relies on gags that come out of Fett's gadgets and the environment with the wet and slanted surfaces.

Why do ppl like over the other two exactly? Apart from sheev memes.
>>
>>64428008
3 has
Best ost in all sw
best space battle in all sw
bubble comedy
anakin and obi wans final talk as friends
obi wan vs grievous
yoda vs sheev
order 66
anakin vs jedi temple
anakin vs obi wan

3 is the best sw movie period
>>
>>64428229
Empire has the best OST but I agree with your other points.
>>
>>64428008
I agree, I like the atmosphere in AOTC more as well.
>>
Say what you want about Lucas, but I doubt JJ could have directed this fight without turning out like complete shit.
>>
>>64426289

I loved all the Fett service in Episode II.

One of the many things Reddit doesn't appreciate about the prequels.
>>
>>64428499
I've only just realised how fucking dreadful that green screening is. Just look at Jango,
>>
>>64428546
Look at his right holster while he does the gun spin
>>
>>64428499
dinosaur-head-jedi !
wish he had a cameo in TFA
>>
>>64428499
his leg is twitching

ehhehehh
>>
The way he deflects those blaster bolts from 0:14 to 0:20 looks so fucking stupid.

I can just imagine Lucas lazily telling him something like "so Ewan, just aimlessly spin your saber, maybe swing a few times if you want, doesn't matter we'll make it look good with the computers"
>>
>>64426289
best scene of an otherwise fucktastic movie, really
>>
Temuera Morrison is the only prequel element I tolerate in original trilogy material because he actually sounds menacing as boba fett

I was overjoyed to hear he was in the new Battlefront game only because it means hell be able to make some fucken eggs that month
>>
Jangos blasters sound the coolest
>>
>>64428008
Agreed. AOTC is tops.
>>
>>64428499
Badass scene.
>>
>>64426612
I feel the same way. Some faggots get uptight about "disrespecting" the actor, but it's really just a continuity thing. replacing the chimp lady with sheev was also a good change.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.