[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is it just me or is this basically The Big Lebowski but not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: inherent-vice-posters-3.jpg (120 KB, 550x815) Image search: [Google]
inherent-vice-posters-3.jpg
120 KB, 550x815
So is it just me or is this basically The Big Lebowski but not nearly as good?
>>
>>64423901
It's just you and a whole lot of other retards on /tv/.
>>
>>64423901
im not quite sure i understood it
>>
File: 7666744635.jpg (52 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
7666744635.jpg
52 KB, 625x626
>>
If you haven't read the book you shouldn't open your fucking trap. Comparing Pynchon to shit Cohen's, fuck outta here
>>
>>64425490
>implying that Pynchon is some kind of relevant literature figure
anyways, I must say that I didn't get the movie, although after The Master and There Will Be Blood I doubt its just a hang-out flick like Lebowski.
>>
>>64425490
I like Pynchon, but haven't read IV. How does the book compare to the movie? I've heard that the book isn't as good as other Pynchon novels.
>>
>>64425583
It's not like Pinecone wrote the magnum opus of the post-modern movement or anything. Get your head out of your ass
>>
It's just you.
>>
>>64425687
americuck detected
>>
>>64425824
yuro literature stopped being relevant a while ago, friendo. american postmodernism is so much more influent its not even funny
>>
>>64425687
Hi, I came to laugh at you, from /lit/.

Ahahahahahahah!
>>
>>64425928
postmodernism isn't an american thing, it originated in europe and from european thought.
Everything american that is remotely of quality gets a huge spotlight, although there are many authors that are 10x better, not just from europe, but from allover the world.
same goes for its directors and movies.
>>
>>64423901
Big Lebowski is about Vietnam war.

IV is about CIA infiltrating subcultures and changing the narrative
>>
>>64425964

>claims he's from /lit/
>doesn't worship Pinecone

You are a liar, just because you occassionally shitpost ASOIAF threads on /lit/ doesn't mean you are /lit/
>>
>>64423901
it's basically not The Big Lebowski and better
>>
>>64423901
damn, check out those tootsies.
>>
>>64426072
>f-fucking american privilege is why american culture dominates the world
If the world was Civ V, the US has already got a science, culture, and military victory. Stay cucked.
>>
>>64423901
The premise is similar but the feel is completely different. Lebowski always stays anchored in comedy, but Inherent Vice i think has a much more melancholy/bittersweet vibe that leaves a stronger impression than the comedy aspect of it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.