[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Luke, did I ever tell you that force lightning can be deflected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 5
File: ben.jpg (45 KB, 247x332) Image search: [Google]
ben.jpg
45 KB, 247x332
>Luke, did I ever tell you that force lightning can be deflected back at the user with a lightsaber?
So do not, under any circumstance, throw away your lightsaber when near Emperor Palpatine.
>>
That should really be one of the first rules of saber combat. Right after you learn to turn it on facing away from your body.
>>
>>64422611
>Luke know your surroundings. The use of the high-ground can be beneficial when facing an opponent.
>>
>>64422611
good advice
>>
Luke, try spinning. That's a good trick.
>>
>>64422611
Luke, did I ever tell you that I banged the Mandelorian Duchess? She was a good fuck.
>>
Luke, carry a small gun as well as your light sabre...
>>
>>64422611
>Luke, did I ever tell you that messing with the buttons on Vader's suit could totally shut him down. Perhaps using the force on it when fighting him would be a good idea
>>
>Luke, I want you to have your father's lightsaber. It was used to slaughter many children. Ignore that.
>>
>>64422611
>Luke, did I ever tell you that I left your twin sister to live a life of luxury as a Queen on a rich planet? Meanwhile I left you to live in abject poverty on a moisture farm in a desert shithole. I am a good friend
>>
>Luke, tell that man I got a ride from that one day who thought I was crazy and derided my religion and that woman whom I've never met to name their son after the false name I used on Tatooine. It's a good name.
>>
>>64422836
Yeah, this made no fucking sense. Why would Han and Leia name their kid Ben? Unless Leia gave Ben over to Luke when he was a baby and didn't even bother to name him and just let Luke name him.
>>
>>64422865
That might explain why Kylo hates his parents so much
>>
>>64422725
?
>>
>Luke, did I ever tell you about R2-D2? He was my co-pilot for many years during the Clone Wars. Also, the stormtroopers are clones so don't feel too bad about murdering them.
>>
>>64422865
>Help me obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope.

She knew him.
>>
>>64422836
BRAVO JJ
>>
>>64422865
>Luke, we're here to pick up our son
>Biggs! Biggs, your parents are here
>>
>Luke, did I ever tell you we live in a universe created solely for the profit of an egotistical fat jew? He was a good businessman.
>>
>>64422919
She knew of him, she didn't know him. Her father knew him and told Leia to seek his help out. They didn't have a relationship though.
>>
>>64422865
She'd at least heard of Obi Wan and what he was and what he could do.

Obi Wan was the one who kickstarted the push to save the galaxy, gave his life to help free them, was a brilliant Jedi in his own right, trained her brother and fought to help the rebellion.

He's probably someone she looked up to and admired, and so named her child after him as he's somebody she hoped he would grow up to emulate
>>
>>64422914
>stormtroopers are clones

The clones died a few years after order 66. They weren't designed to be sustainable or last for a long time, partially because of the accelerated growth and also partially because of the inhibitor chip. The storm troopers in the original trilogy are all citizens recruited by the empire once the war was over. If they had been clones all of the officers and operations guys would've looked the same.
>>
>Luke, did I ever tell you about Dexter Jettster? He ran a strange cafe on Coruscant that referenced a culture nobody on this galaxy could possibly know about and somehow knew about Mandalorian assassination weapons and the clone army on Kamino even though it was deleted from the archives. He was a good friend.
>>
>>64423003

But then again "Ben" was his undercover hobo name. Only Luke calls him Ben.
>>
>leia not naming her son powder or yayo
>>
>>64423003
She knew him as Obi-Wan though, why would she name her son Ben? They didn't have the relationship to know him as Ben and thus name him Ben. If they were doing it to honor him, why pick such an obscure name he used only while in exile on a desert planet?
>>
>>64423048
Obi Wan sounds retarded, Han probably told her to fuck off when she suggested it, so Luke said his nickname was Ben
>>
File: 1451379674257.jpg (467 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1451379674257.jpg
467 KB, 1600x1200
>>64422732
Luke didn't need to be told that.

He wasn't bound by faggoty Jedi rules.
>>
>>64423071
See >>64423072

It's an easy compromise to honour him but not choose the dumb name
>>
>>64422750
>implying the buttons weren't just a distraction for the opponent
>>
>>64423076
Guns in OT looked really classy
>>
>>64423095
Nope, was official canon that they fucked him up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
>>
Does anything in Star Wars make sense?
>>
>>64423090
>>64423071
This is the dumbest fucking reason I have ever come across.

Hurr durr I want to honor this man, but I think his name is stupid, lets go with his Hobo name which I didn't know existed until my brother told me about it.
>>
>>64423148
No, it's space magic. They don't have to explain shit.
>>
>>64423124
I'm not clicking on this faggy video
>>
>>64423113
That's because they were all modified WWII replica guns.
>>
>>64423148
The less it makes sense the better. The last time some ass tried to make sense of things we got Midi-chlorians.
>>
Obi-Wan being a dumb name is now official and canon.
>>
>>64423172

>not enveloping your ears in Rich Evan's glorious cherubical laugh
>>
>>64423172
I don't care, it was still true in Lucas' canon
>>
>>64423020
nice fanfiction, they are still clones in the movies
>>
>>64423251

They have different voices and heights.
>>
>>64422836
>Ben unintentionally made a love connection. He was a good friend

Fuck off, virgins.
>>
>>64423251
Cite your sources faggot.
>>
HOL UP

I thought we considered the prequels cinematic perfection now
>>
>>64423153
Why does everyone think they gave him that name because of Obi? How many people name their kids like that? They probably just thought hey that's a pretty cool name, let's use that
>>
>>64422953
>implying I needed a relationship with Barack Obama to name my two boys after him.
>>
>>64423327
>we

Fuck off retard
>>
>>64423336
They named him after Ben Sisko, emissary of the Bajoran prophets.
>>
>>64423336

You speak as the the film isn't a manufactured glib facsimile of the OT.
>>
>>64423350
Would you name your kid Barry O'bomber?
>>
>>64423282
So? They are older or maybe a new set of clones

>>64423317
Only movies are canon and there's no mention of them ever stopping using clones. And don't give me that hurr my cartoons and books are canon disney said so crap.
>>
>>64423412
>Only movies are canon

Maybe in your headcanon faggot, but in the real world this isn't true and hasn't been for decades
>>
>>64422750
i can totally see a kungpow style attempt on those buttons now; fuck
>>
>>64422611
>Luke did I ever tell you about the time your nephew who was named after me slaughtered all of your student except your daughter Mara, and then mind-wiped her so she didn't remember the horrors of that day, or even her name, and dropped her off on a desert shithole with a junk dealer with instructions to never let her leave? He was a good Ren.
>>
>>64423458
>I don't know anything about star wars but I pretend to so that my internet friends think I'm cool and maybe if I call him a faggot enough they won't think I'm one
>>
>>64423412
>Only movies are canon and there's no mention of them ever stopping using clones.

Nothing in the movies says they are. The only mention of Clones in the movies is when Leia says that Obi-Wan fought in the Clone Wars.

As far as the prequels go, they specifically mentioned the accelerated aging process gave them shorter life spans.

If you just go by the movies there is nothing to indicate that OT storm troopers are clones because they never once mention that they are in the movies.
>>
>>64423557
Nice projection bro.

The cartoons and books are canon, you can ignore them if you want but you're objectively wrong to every normal thinking person
>>
File: Obi-Wan_Satine_VoT.png (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan_Satine_VoT.png
1 MB, 1920x816
>>64422900
You just know
>>
>>64423607
Get Kate Blanchett and Ewan McGregor fuck scene as Obi-Wan and Satine. I would pay good money for a full length film of just them fucking.
>>
>>64423564
>they can't make more clones
>these completely identical space soldiers aren't clones because it's not mentioned

>>64423577
nice headcanon friend
>>
>>64423178
This man knows his shit.
>>
>>64423412
But the cartoons are cannon, completely.
And do you want to know what happens in Rebels? We were shown old clones kicked out of the empire to wander a desert until they die.
>>
>>64423674
The only one here in head canon territory is you.

Lucas own interpretation says they aren't, and he specifically asked that of TCW and Rebels. So whether you think the cartoons are canon or not, Lucas own canon says they are not. If you say his canon doesn't matter than Disney's canon is the only one that does, and they say the same fucking thing.

Faggot.
>>
>>64423832
>my children's shows are canon
>darth maul surviving 100km drop and getting cut in half and getting robot legs and amnesia and twin brother is canon

>>64423836
<waaahh mommy someone is challenging my headcanon with actual facts make him stop
>>
>>64422611
>Luke takes the higher ground
>Vader, remembering what happened before, just throws his saber

>Emperor wants to zap that little bitch Luke but remembers what happened before when he tried that on a guy who still had his lightsaber out and ready
>Luke tosses his lightsaber away
>Emperor: "Now's my chance!"

Something something pottery something something.
>>
>>64423922
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64423922
You've yet to present a single fact except for "muh movies".

Fuck off normy.
>>
>>64423922
>darth maul surviving 100km drop and getting cut in half and getting robot legs and amnesia and twin brother is canon
Yes.
>>
Kylo tells Hux he'll get a clone army if the regular stormtroopers cant get the job done, so clones still exist in the universe.
>>
>>64423957
>you're wrong I'm right don't come to my safe space
go back to tumblr

>>64423989
>hurr the movies of this movie series are not canon my cartoon made by starving chinese children is because a jewish ceo told me so

>>64423992
>my fanfiction where I get fucked by qui-gon jinn is canon
>>
>>64424132
Fucking moron responding to copy pasta. Hello redddit.
>>
>>64424189
Never fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>64423124
>linking redditlettermedia
>>
>>64424189
nice meme
>>
>>64423178
>just turn ur brain off bro lol
>>
>>64424218
Hey Reddit
>>
>>64424326
nice deflection, reddit
>>
>>64424363
>n-n-no y-you

There's no upboats for you here, go back home
>>
>>64423076
>I am a Jedi, like my father before me
He's a Jedi
>>
>>64424326
>>64424363
>>64424408
Guys, we're all funnyjunk here, calm it down.
>>
>>64424326
>>64424363
>>64424408
>>64424429
This was supposed to be a nice comfy thread about Ewan McGregor fucking Kate Blanchett, what happened?
>>
It's a big!

Let's name him Bail, after my father!

What? Bail Solo? That sounds awful. He should have a 3 letter name so it has some punch to it.

That's ridiculous.

My dad was Dan Solo and I carried it with Han Solo and by god this kid will be something 3 letters... Preferably ending with an N, solo.

I think the name length doesn't matter as long as it references someone great that we knew.

Hey guys how about Ben?

Fine

Fine
>>
>>64424670
Boy autocorrected to Big wtf
>>
>>64422611

It actually can't under normal circumstances, Mace Windu's partially dark side fighting style was what allowed him to channel the lightning back at Palpatine.
>>
>>64424425
>I am a murderer, like my father before me
>>
File: 1446491610541.jpg (33 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
1446491610541.jpg
33 KB, 500x287
>>
>>64424712
>partially dark side fighting style
that's one of the most retarded EU things ever
>>
>>64423412

You are literally retarded and you should kill yourself.
>>
>Luke, did I ever tell you about the Dark Light Grey Side of The Force? Evil is a good friend in moderation.
>>
>>64424809
>literally
nice meme fellow 9gagger
>>
>>64424769
>depth is bad

kill yourself my man
>>
>>64424895
>we're running out of ideas and deadline is tomorrow!
>hey how about he has a partially dark side fighting style
>wow that's cool let's go with that
>but how can a fighting style be-
>shut up john these nerds will buy anything with cool sword fights they will think it's deep
>>
>Luke, did I ever tell you about stormtrooper defectors? They're trained from birth to believe in the Empire's cause and all they know is being a stormtrooper, but sometimes they forget all that and think like rebels. They're good friends.
>>
>>64424994
>but how can a fighting style be-

are you implying that fighting styles in the star wars universe don't draw on either side of the force?
>>
>Luke, did I ever tell you about good friends? When you're a force ghost, you must haunt your apprentice with bad advice and stories about things that don't make sense. It's a good meme.
>>
>>64425317
Sure but all the Force really does is make you "feel" stuff so you can block stuff easier. Dark side gives you speed and strength for a while, it doesn't turn your blade into something that can block force lightning and it's retarded that Dindu can somehow switch dark side on and off and still pretend to be a jedi
>>
>>64425506
the force is something that has dominion over everything in existence, it's not so much of a stretch that a lightsaber, the most prized possession of a force user, can act as a conduit for a jedi or a sith to exercise their abilites. If TFA is to be believed, lightsabers can even give you force visions, why is it so hard to believe that a lightsaber can also block and redirect force lightning?

and Windu having a mixture of light and dark is kind of like Kylo Ren, except that he's learned to use it to his advantage. It's an awesome idea.
>>
Is the Grey Side where you're like Coldsteel for a while and then you're like "nah bro I was just fucking around. Really had you going there XD"?
>>
>>64425612
Lightsabers are just weapons like blasters, you can't just turn them into something else with force. Rey just has an amnesia and gets some memories by touching a familiar object, not much different from looking into the future which they do all the time. Kylo is gay and clearly on the dark side even if a bit regretful like Vader
>>
Kylo's turned to the Korn Side.
>>
>>64425786
Maz: ...and now, it call to you

doesn't sound like it's JUST a weapon. A normal person might be able to operate it, but it becomes something very different in the hands of a jedi

>you can't just turn them into something else with force

they aren't being turned into something else though
>>
>>64426140
It's the exact same thing for a jedi, Rey is Luke's apprentice so she has a connection to it, what would some ayy lmao grandma know about it anyway
if it blocks force lightning when you use dark side then clearly the blade changes into something different
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.