[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't we have fun movies anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: rainbows_a_tad_gay.jpg (91 KB, 328x488) Image search: [Google]
rainbows_a_tad_gay.jpg
91 KB, 328x488
Why can't we have fun movies anymore?
>>
Why can't we have replies to my thread anymore?
>>
>>64420114
Because the economy went in the shitter and cgi overtook practical effects. Also movies have to compete with more mediums nowadays (Cable TV, social media, the internet, smart phones, etc...). The entire model for movie making has changed.
>>
I'd love to see that flick in 70mm. Goddamn Sutherland is so good in that movie.
>>
Guardians of the Galaxy was fun and everybody here hated it and called it a meme movie for having a light tone and jokes.
>>
>>64420114
because no matter what you the individual says, people would rather pay to see grimdark drama and sequels to and remakes of classic movies they saw growing up

t. studio executive
>>
>>64420114
Nolan's fault.
>>
File: Where_eagles_dare.jpg (543 KB, 1000x1491) Image search: [Google]
Where_eagles_dare.jpg
543 KB, 1000x1491
This is also a lot of fun.
>>
>>64420666
Because it was a marvel-tier kids movie. Notice how a lot of supposed fun movies from back in the day were humans brutally murdering eachother? Because that's what fun is, not getting a mcguffin to stop the evil space man.
>>
Fun movies are highly offensive and problematic.
It's 2015 and it will never be not 2015 ever again.
>>
>>64420114
I love this fucking movie and I have no idea how to describe to people in a way that will make them want to see it.

I can't call it a war movie because not enough boom boom. I can't call it a comedy because not enough fart jokes.

Your average movie-goer can't seem to handle ambiguity nowadays. The last major American release I can think of that came close (and still fell short, imo) was Three Kings.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXIjE_gDw94
obligatory
>>
File: 1379972229037.gif (739 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
1379972229037.gif
739 KB, 144x144
>>64420904

>mfw that this movie have the best mind-fucking plot twist in that dining room scene with the general.
>>
>>64420114
My main complaint with Kelly's Heroes is the overbearing manliness of it. It's a film meant for pple that grew up in a men dominated cinema. It's filled with the kind of "bro" fun that you'll find in Stallone and Schwarzenegger films. Not a fan.

>>64420666
GoG is not very good
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.