[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are sports movies so stupid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 3yyrso1_500.jpg (103 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
3yyrso1_500.jpg
103 KB, 499x750
Why are sports movies so stupid?
>>
>>64418934
Their are plenty of good ones try going for the nonmeme disney ones that end with the good guys winning
>>
>>64418934
Because they have to appeal to the leagues of subhuman, neanderthal sportsfans.
>>
>>64419143
Well said sir haha tip of the cap to you my friend
>>
Moneyball. I've been a baseball sabermetrics- religious bastard ever since I saw that movie.
>>
Because what's the fucking point? What makes sports fun is that they're unscripted, making them into a movie misses the point completely
>>
>>64419269
Watching sports is absolute cuck shit. You're watching young, athletic black men get sweaty and do things when you could be doing those things and having fun instead. It's pathetic. You're trying to live through others
>>
The Damned United is 4/5 bretty gud
>>
File: Hit_dat_high_C.jpg (106 KB, 1030x748) Image search: [Google]
Hit_dat_high_C.jpg
106 KB, 1030x748
>>64418934
>sports movies so stupid

nope
>>
>>64419354
I watch curling.
>>
>>64419354
>You're watching young, athletic black men
Americans really are cucks, but that's well established, that doesn't work for the rest of the world
>>
>>64419398
You're still vicariously living through the actions of other men.
Just play the sports yourself, you stupid cuck.
>>
>>64419354
Watching movies is absolute cuck shit. You're watching young, handsome black men get rich and do things when you could be doing those things and having fun instead. It's pathetic. You're trying to live through others
>>
>>64419448
You can do both you """"esport"""" faggot
>vicariously living
You don't get sports at all, you're either a woman or a vidya player
>>
Rudy is good though
>>
>>64419493
Rudy might be the only decent sports movie there is.
>>
>>64419448
You dont live through the players like you think you do when you watch mad men and light a cig with don you miserable cunt
>>
>>64419493
This
>>
>>64419493
Too bad it's bullshit. I love it, don't get me wrong. Real life Rudy is a piece of shit.
>>
>>64419448
You know you could just make the same argument about movies too right?

Watch a comedy? Lol why mot just go hang out with your friends for a couple hours instead, you'll laugh either way!
>>
File: NORMIES GET OUT.jpg (8 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
NORMIES GET OUT.jpg
8 KB, 316x202
>>64419588
>Lol why mot just go hang out with your friends for a couple hours instead
>>
>>64419354
The Pride Of The Yankees? I don't want whatever the fuck that Lou Gehrig's got.
>>
>watch sports
>there's no miracle or deep arching story about it, just teams playing each other
>watch sports movie
>against all odds, the poor AIDS kid turned out to have an amazing arm and led his band of misfits to the championship where unfortunately they lost, but you have to admire their spirit!
>>
because Sport is, when you think about it, dumb as fuck.

grown men running around on grass chasing a pigs bladder so they can put it in a hole is some dumb as fuck medieval pastime for peasants.
>>
>>64419739
You can trivialize anything like this, youre not clever

>lol watching film is literally just wasting hours sitting in a dark room watching other people do intersting things
>>
ITT no test betas.
>>
>>64419736
>wistful music plays as a brief caption explains what each player went on to do with his life accompanied by still images
;_;
>>
File: 1426208793638.jpg (320 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1426208793638.jpg
320 KB, 1280x720
>>64418934
Because they're not pic related
>>
>>64419493
Reminds me, got a Rudy cinegrid? I watched it in Adult Living in High School and was surprised that I actually liked it and the cinematography was great.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.