[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>preferring Empire Strikes Back over Return of the Jedi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: costanza_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
costanza_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>preferring Empire Strikes Back over Return of the Jedi
>>
>>64416930
RotJ felt fast paced, ESB had the ice planet and we see Luke first meeting yoda, lando and a whole bunch of other shit
>>
>>64416930
>return of the reddit
>>
>preferring the BBC SJW awakens over the BASED prequels
when will this end?
>>
I've been hearing about the Star Wars trilogy for 15+ years and after watching it I can't believe how underwhelmed I was. Honestly thought there was about 15 movies out, and the cinematic universe was much deeper.
>>
>>64417187
>cinematic universe
kill yourself fag
>>
>>64417243
Am I supposed to say world? the movie literally takes place in space.
>>
Can we stop pretending that Revenge of the Sith wasn't better than the OT?
>>
>>64417554

He's referring to the extended universe, I think. It includes a handful of decent sci-fi books and games.
>>
ESB didn't have Ewoks though
>>
4>5>1>6>3>7>2
>>
Empire is 10/10 and one of the greatest movies of all time. Kill yourself
>>
>>64417703
2>3>7>1>6>4>5
>>
>>64417613
>ewoks are bad
found the prequel defender
>>
>>64417824
4>5>6>3>1>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7
>>
File: pottery.png (2 MB, 1796x632) Image search: [Google]
pottery.png
2 MB, 1796x632
>people legitimately hate the Prequels

Faggots.
>>
>>64417906
Not sure how that correlates
>>
>not liking ESB simply because it's widely regarded as the best

I can see right through you, contrarian scum.
>>
>>64417920
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs
>>
>>64417187
>Honestly thought there was about 15 movies out
Being this fucking ignorant
>>
File: set.jpg (193 KB, 630x422) Image search: [Google]
set.jpg
193 KB, 630x422
>there are people on /tv/ who don't realize Attack of the Clones is one of the greatest films ever created
>>
>>64416930
Only little children prefer Return of the Jedi, because teddy bears.
>>
>>64418019
I was born in 1997, so I might not ever understand what Star Wars meant to the 60's. But to me it's just an overrated piece of crap.
>>
A New Hope
>best pacing
>great feeling of a bigger world out there
>first 45 minutes are fucking comfy as hell

Empire
>best character-building moments
>best lit
>best shot
>best light saber duel in the entire series, by far
>great dialogue scenes
>best Special Edition

Jedi
>most fun
>most emotional scenes
>Emperor is fucking INCREDIBLY based "So be it...Jedi"
>Jabba's palace is a lot of fun, but the barge scene is pretty fucking awful in almost every way
>2nd Death star is super tacked on and is overall the biggest weakness of the film

TPM
>the best shot, after Empire, largely thanks to being done on film
>Jar Jar really isn't that bad and is a useful audience surrogate character when everyone is trying their hardest to be a boring bureaucrat weirdo monk cultist aka Jedi
>great use of miniatures, CGI, and sets
>responsible for most of the world-building of the prequels
>Trade Federation is an interesting choice, cowardly corporate cucks who use droids
>Droid design is great

AOTC
>the Obi-wan noir story is actually interesting but the payoff is kind of weak
>Padme and Anakin stuff is the worst of the prequels...really just fucking bad
>gives us a cool look at Coruscant but tries its hardest to take us away from the cool shit happening there
>best battle scene (Arena) of the prequels, filled with all sorts of interesting symbolism
>Dooku light saber fight feels like a giant piece of shit; Yoda fighting is fucking stupid
>weird digital stuff

Sith
>Sheev
>Another pointless Yoda fight
>most emotional moment, but doesn't do enough to earn it
>Anakin vs Obi-wan fight goes on too long
>Grievous is cool
>corrects a lot of the digital flaws that AOTC had but takes a step back in that the giant thing is a structurally mess and really has to rush things because you've had essentially two movies to tell Anakin's story when you needed all 3
>>
File: 2f13_fidel_castro.jpg (18 KB, 356x262) Image search: [Google]
2f13_fidel_castro.jpg
18 KB, 356x262
>>64418175
>I was born in 1997
fuck me I'm too old for this board now, shit
>>
>>64418175
>i was only pretending to be retarded
>now ill make a shitty troll line to escape

Fuck off. UR SHIT
>>
>>64418225
Thank the ayy lmao newfags that raid twitch and brought cancer to all the boards.
>>
>>64418207
I would agree but Jar Jar is just too annoying to even properly surrogate the audience. Everyone hates him
>>
>>64418207
>best battle scene (Arena) of the prequels, filled with all sorts of interesting symbolism
>filled with all sorts of interesting symbolism

huh?
>>
>>64418243
>troll line
?
>>
>>64418310
>Padme on top of the pillar
>to symbolize being on top of things
>Windu saying "this party's over"
>to symbolize that he is putting an end to the gladiatorial match
>the arena being in the desert
>to symbolize that Anakin hates sand

Lucas truly is a genius.
>>
>>64418310
Anakin faces off against a large bull-like creature. Bulls are symbols of male virility and sexuality, something which Anakin has repressed. He tames it and rides it.

Padme fights a feline, lithe beast. She cries out in an orgasmic moan when it slashes her, then she jumps on Anakin's (bull) mount.
>>
>>64416930

ESB didn't have a single bad scene but it definitely was just a bunch of subplots binding the first and third movie. Hoth and Yoda were good but the rest was just stuff.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.