[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Create random, weird, /x/-tier, 2spooky bullshit scenes that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: Lynch my shit up.jpg (457 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
Lynch my shit up.jpg
457 KB, 1125x1500
>Create random, weird, /x/-tier, 2spooky bullshit scenes that have absolutely no meaning
>Pretentious critics consider them "deep" because they can't understand it
>Insert violence, nudity, and the grotesque, but wrap them in a nice old Hollywood package
>Retards consider you a genius
>Adopt a /fa/ hairstyle to enhance your genius facade

Is there a bigger hack this this guy?
>>
File: 1451126064207.jpg (164 KB, 354x431) Image search: [Google]
1451126064207.jpg
164 KB, 354x431
>>
>>64415492
The Reptilian overlords aren't being very subliminal anymore...
>>
ITT: OP is mad because somebody stole his idea 38 years ago
>>
>>64415444

Here's your (You)
>>
>>64415492
i agree with this anon.
>>
File: 0mKXcg1.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
0mKXcg1.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>64415444
>>
I don't think his movies are super deep, but they are very well made and deserve the praise they get. He's a very unique filmmaker.
>>
>>64415444
He isn't a hack, but got famous for confusing people.
I like him, but it's actually some of his audience that are pretentious.
Also, all art comes across as pretentious to someone who doesn't understand it, or doesn't appreciate it, or simply rejects it.
>>
File: 1433353798290.jpg (24 KB, 284x423) Image search: [Google]
1433353798290.jpg
24 KB, 284x423
>>64415444
>>
>>64415444
Quentin tarantino

copied his most famous work, reservoir dogs from the film city of fire, most of his later works are complete shit. They are about the same. Also michael bay.
>>
>>64415444
you are completely right

also nice trips
>>
>>64415444
If the end result is a film as good as Blue Velvet, I don't really give a shit.
>>
>>64415667
Surely you are jut proving OP's point. Many people do not understand guy richies revolver, not because its hard to understand, but because its complete shit and no one can understand why he thought it was a deep film.
>>
>>64415722
>copied from City On Fire

This is literally what butthurt, Chinese, John Woo fans believe
>>
File: tasteless snack.jpg (13 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
tasteless snack.jpg
13 KB, 214x317
DUDE QUEUE THE FORCED MELODRAMATIC MUSIC WHEN SOMETHING SAD HAPPENS LMAO
>>
>>64415790
Truth hurts fool. Also not a woo fan, in the same way not a disney fan but know that avatar is a rip off of pocahontas. Shouldnt you be crying on reddit about the mean old 4chan is picking on cucktino?
>>
>>64415820
His face is freaking me out for some reason.
>>
>>64415877
It's because he lo Is like a Bond villain.
>>
>>64415937
Nah bond villians make me hard, maybe he looks a bit too much like dicraprio for my liking
>>
>>64415444
His movies have so many visual and conceptual connections to cinema's histroy that you cannot say they have no meaning. You can still call him a hack though.
>>
He should've directed Silent Hill
>>
I fucking hate him, if only for the sole fact that when I pledged a frat in college they locked us in a room and made us watch Eraserhead on repeat for 24 hours straight.

And I still have no fucking clue what that movie is about.
>>
>>64415667
>all art comes across as pretentious to someone who doesn't understand it

Even Lynch didn't understand the shit he did.

LOL RABBITS
>>
>>64416232
>still has no clue what Eraserhead is about
Jesus fucking christ, how pleb can you be? It's literally the most easiest to understand surreal film.

ITT: People shitting on things they can't even understand.
>>
>>64416690

Let me guess, you're gonna tell me it's about the fears of fatherhood.
>>
>>64416724
That's because that is what it is. There is no other interpretation.
>>
Hi pleb
>>
>I not only have shit taste but I also am so autistic that I can only understand things in relation to boards
>>
>>64415722
>his most famous work, Reservoir Dogs

Do you people ever interact at all with pop culture?
>>
This right here

This is when I realized David Lynch was a hack
>>
>>64417019
dune, for me
>>
>>64416232
Abortion.
Now fuck off
>>
>>64415444
I love his stuff.

Maybe YOUR retarded? Durr durr durr...
>>
>>64415444
Him shilling transcendental meditation. Literally trying to monotize meditation, fuckin hack.
>>
>>64415444
You're just mad because he did it first you hipster cuck. Go back to /lit/ queer.
>>
>>64415722
Teen acting like an adult detected
>>
>lynch is too deep for me
>everyone else is just pretending because he has a funny hairstyle
>>
>>64417597
My retarded what?
>>
>>64415843
>avatar is a rip off of pocahontas
You know Disney wasn't the first to do the whole "man falls in love with foreign woman, adopts foreign culture, and fights off his former countrymen" thing, right? It's not exactly an original story.

Hell, Man of Steel is really the same thing, but no one ever talks about that.
>>
>>64415444
>>Pretentious critics consider them "deep" because they can't understand it
Actually, they call them deep because they know there's something TO understand about it. There's different ways of interpreting it, and it gives us interesting thought experiments.

Thinking is fun.
>>
>>64415444
>Adopt a /fa/ hairstyle to enhance your genius facade
other way around buddy
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.