[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: movies you've outright turned off midway through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: street-trash-1987-cover.jpg (146 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
street-trash-1987-cover.jpg
146 KB, 500x734
ITT: movies you've outright turned off midway through
>>
lolpleb
>>
>>64411208

I can not understand why anyone would enjoy this movie. The first 15 minutes were fantastic then it just devolves into le life of a bum. Nothing of interest happens after the first melting scene. Nothing at all. Besides MAYBE the shoplifting scene.
>>
File: avatar-1280cjpg-44d49c_1280w.jpg (264 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
avatar-1280cjpg-44d49c_1280w.jpg
264 KB, 1280x720
>>64411168
literally one of my favourite movies

I tried watching this 5 times and I fell asleep midways every single time tbf
>>
>>64411252

Can you explain what you like about it? I just tried watching it and I sincerely don't get it. I watched it up to the hour mark and turned it off, I just don't understand why someone would like this. The plot meaders around nothingness and just shows homeless people blowing around in the wind.
>>
>>64411238
It gets good when it gets back to the melting, but then there's like 18 minutes left of the movie and it just ends.
>>
Cleopatra (1963) was one of the greatest tests of endurance I've ever put myself through. Had Rex Harrison not been there, I would have just given up after 30 minutes.

Not quite the same case, but I came close to giving up.
>>
Boyhood
Actually it probably doesn't count because I didn't even make it to the midpoint. 35 minutes of literally nothing was enough to make me tap out.
>>
>>64411292
>just shows homeless people blowing around in the wind.
I liked it so soon as I realised that that must be what bum life is mostly like, I know it's unintentonal but it's pretty interesting (also, as >>64411305 said it makes the following meltings so much better)
>>
>>64411168
>thisisbate.jpg.exe.zip
No
>>
File: 1442632209078.jpg (14 KB, 316x325) Image search: [Google]
1442632209078.jpg
14 KB, 316x325
>>64411168
>he turned off street trash
>>
>>64411238
Because it's a unflinching and realistic look into the life of the lowest class of human in western civilization. I find that interesting, but obviously not for everyone. I'd probably still watch it without the meltings. That was just the cherry on the cake.

Also I turned off that zombie movie with Woody when it turned into the Bill Murray Hero Worship hour. He's entertaining in his [long-ago] roles, but what the fuck?
>>
>>64411481
>>64411383

huh, okay. I'll give it another watch eventually to try and get Into it with different expectations. I wAs expecting just a gorey horror movie after the first 15 minutes.
>>
>>64411615
That's the weird thing about low-budget grossout/exploitation flicks. They very often have these plots involving gang violence, the homeless epidemic, unemployment, politics...essentially social commentary and expose, wrapped up in other horrors. Other features like Slime City, earlier Troma and Van Webber's works all subscribe to this, as well as [general] exploitation features.

It's funny because the middle-classes who go to see this are more shocked by the coloured syrups than the harsh reality being shown to them. Maybe that's the self-aware irony. I don't know.
>>
The Anvil Hoarder (1930)

Fuck you guys for recommending it.
>>
>>64411791

dead meme
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.