[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /tv/, why does this film feel so much different than other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Ok /tv/, why does this film feel so much different than other mainstream films? I got such an unexplainable feeling that said "this one is a gem".

I wouldn't say it's because Disney made it, because although some Disney films are good, they don't give the same unique vibe.

I don't know what it was, but this film just left me feeling weird and I'm already wanting to re-watch it. The only other mainstream film that did this to me was Inception.

What do you guys think? Am I just a crazy rambler or have you guys had experiences like this? Also if you've seen this movie give your thoughts on it.
>>
Yea it was pretty good but got shit towards the end.
>>
>>64408052
>The only other mainstream film that did this to me was Inception
Well, I know I'm staying away from this one.
>>
>>64408052
nah dude. i know what you mean. its just a good story and lots of people clown on view points displayed in the film add in grwat actors and you got a great film. it reminds me of that movie stardust i got thatt same feeling watching that movie as i did watching tomorrowland
>>
>>64408052
Does this movie have anything to do with pic related?
>>
>>64408218
What in the hell is that
>>
>>64408299
Miles and Tomorrowland or something. Some Disney shit that my imouto watches.
>>
>>64408131
Inception must be a hit or miss, I guess.
>>
>>64408052
Is there going to be a 2morrowland?
>>
>>64408422
I dont know, you tell me senpai desu.
>>
>>64408218
Nope. Miles from Tomorrowland's a separate show steeped in the current theme park area's whole "Cartoony spaceport" aesthetic.

The movie Tomorrowland's more of a meta-fictional thing about the sort of 60s-era optimistic futurism that Walt Disney was a proponent of and how it's fallen to the wayside because of our obsession with apocalyptic and dystopian fiction.
>>
>>64408563
>The movie Tomorrowland's more of a meta-fictional thing about the sort of 60s-era optimistic futurism that Walt Disney was a proponent of and how it's fallen to the wayside because of our obsession with apocalyptic and dystopian fiction.

This is part of why the film standing out.
>>
File: great-quote.jpg (992 KB, 3112x1767) Image search: [Google]
great-quote.jpg
992 KB, 3112x1767
>>64408782
Really, my big issue was Lindelof deciding to cut most of the Walt connection stuff from the movie because quote "It felt too much like a Disney movie".

Movie should have worn that on its sleeve like it's older animated brother Meet the Robinsons.
>>
itt: damon lindelof tries to get people to like his shit movie
>>
>>64408052
It was Lindeloff garbage and the human girl was too old. She looks 30 but is supposed to be in Highschool and science man should have looked crazy and not all george Clooney looking
>>
>>64408563
the 60s:
>new wonderous shit popping up every day, if it continued at that rate, there's no telling where we'll end up!

now:
>we live in a dystopia ruled by apocalypse cults fighting other apocalypse cults

yes, its so strange how art imitates life and imitates art. wow could that have been what the giant magic ball was a metaphor of????? Blow up the art to get optimism again!!
>>
Athena was cute
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.