[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I started watching this series, what the fuck happened in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Red_Dwarf_logo.png (58 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dwarf_logo.png
58 KB, 300x300
So I started watching this series, what the fuck happened in Season 3? And does it get fixed? All this pratfalling, over-use of bullshit, and Holly being turned into a women is fucking awful. Why not make the android female and keep the male Holly? He was the funniest part of the fucking show. Please, tell me this gets better? I'm halfway through S3 and I don't think I can take another season of this horseshit.
>>
He comes back in Season 8 but by then you'll realise how superior female Holly is.
>>
>>64404177
s1 & 2 are god tier

after that it becomes a different show but still is great overall
>>
File: holly.gif (166 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
holly.gif
166 KB, 300x240
Honestly I don't mind female Holly. Sure, I prefer Normal Lovett, but whatever.
>>
>>64404177
Trust me, if you think that's bad, wait until you get to series 7
>>
>>64404177
Season 1 & 2 are kind of more serious and story oriented, but after that it turns into a full on comedy. I still really enjoy Seasons 3 - 6 though, some of funniest stuff I've watched.
>>
>>64404177
> holly was funniest
All the classic Rimmer episodes still lie ahead of you, OP.
>>
The one thing I didn't like too much about S1 and 2 is the set. It was a really bad kind of grey. I mean, I know it was meant to be an industrial space shithole but I think S3's set was a good improvement.
>>
File: boogey.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
boogey.gif
2 MB, 250x188
The thing I really can't stand about season 3 is that Rimmer and Lister become absolute assholes. Like, complete nonsense douchebags. Rimmer steals Lister and Cat's bodies with no remorse, Lister cuts up Rimmer's dad's box and burns his soldiers, then takes the guitar with hardly any guilt and walks off. Also, the fact that every episode ends with some bullshit that can't be explained away just being completely dismissed. Like the alien that still existed just to make a stupid Michael Jackson reference after an entire episode of The Thing ripoff, or the pictures becoming real and altering timelines still existing. And why does every episode have to be self contained? It would have been way better to have Rimmer remain human for a couple episodes and then have him fuck himself over (or better yet, give his life in a pointless sacrifice to save Lister), it just feels cheap, all of it. Cheap and lazy. It's like some ad executive came in and say "heyyy guys, all the kids these days, they like the silly humor right? These are great, but add more zany lolsorandumb references and make them act like the Three Stooges, and make them do super dickish things to each other, and put Lister in a cool leather jacket, and put Rimmer in a gay plastic green suit, so we can tell them apart!"
>>
Its Red Dwarf. Its all good.
(except the last few series)
Kek.
>>
>>64407736
>he didn't like the jesus episode
>>
>>64404177
It keeps getting worse and worse as it progresses. I mean it's still pretty good overall outside of the last three seasons, but the first two seasons are the peak of the series.
>>
>>64404177

It's a slow decline from Season One onwards, do yourself a favour, pretend Red Dwarf ends at season six.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.