[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we talk about how shitty kylo ren was? first thing you see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: kylo1.jpg (263 KB, 1280x1994) Image search: [Google]
kylo1.jpg
263 KB, 1280x1994
can we talk about how shitty kylo ren was?

first thing you see is his BADASS lightsaber, which I went out and bought immediately. I love how they made him look a lot like vader, I was so hype for this guy because I love vader and have bought a lot of his merchandise (that "Lack of faith shirt" got me laid)

but in the movie, he has a fucking tantrum? seriously? hes like a little kid, wtf? this isnt the badass i was expecting from a star wars villain. then he fucking takes his helmet off and he looks like a gay emo retard. I almost walked out of the theatre

WHAT THE FUCK? why did they make him look like a fucking gay bitch instead of someone like Maul? honestly disappointed as heck in this dude, he looks like he listens to linkin park in his spare time. that twitter account is the fuckin shit lmao, they nailed it.

did i mention he gets beat by a fucking lame ass girl? i'd fuck her tho desu

tldr: gay loser
>>
File: 1300312803989.jpg (21 KB, 382x300) Image search: [Google]
1300312803989.jpg
21 KB, 382x300
>>
>>64399749
Nigger if I have to read about Kylo fucking Ren one more time today...
>>
>>64399749
i like him for he is ragged, fierce, dangerous and a person who takes at night cerealbars and a bottle of water into the woods
>>
>>64399749
Kylo Renn is based off of TFA audience like you.
>>
>>64399749
Kylo Ren wasn't even that whiny.

People are acting like he was literally Anakin Skywalker in the PT but even at his worst, he was better kept together than Anakin ever was.

You do get a sense that he's kinda trying hard but he's not really as emo as Anakin ever was either. In that regard, he was written and acted well. Kylo was MEANT to be a subversion of audience expectations, deal with it. He also happens to be one of the most complex characters across the entire movie franchise, as those flaws work to his favor. You want him to be a generic evil villain like Maul who didn't even say anything? Deal with it son, he had actual character.
>>
>>64400455
>kept it together
>regularly slices shit up in his cry baby rage
>>
File: sw8.jpg (41 KB, 480x426) Image search: [Google]
sw8.jpg
41 KB, 480x426
Spoiler Star wars VIII

Luke is gonna fight Kylo with rey. Luke is gonna die like Obi wan did it before and kylo Will die or leave the dark side.But Snoke will recover his powers and would be really dangerous.

So in Star Wars IX the Lord Sith Will be Snoke
and rey woul have to beat him.

Is basically the same than the 1st trillogie I am really upset about what did Disney do with Star Wars.
>>
>>64399749
>wahh why isn't he another cookie-cutter vader waahhh
>>
File: 1389233847782.png (14 KB, 244x192) Image search: [Google]
1389233847782.png
14 KB, 244x192
>>64401042
>implying that wasn't great

He was mean, sometimes scary, pissy and likable too while still being a colossal prick.
>>
>i didn't get muh baddass cliche vader clone
>how dare they write him as if he were a human with flaws & emotions, that shits gay

What grade are you in?
>>
>>64400455

>he's not as emo as Anakin
>hates dad for no reason
>kills the rest of his classmates for no reason
>has anger attacks against control panels and chairs
>cries at his grandpa's helmet asking him to make him stronk and not be tempted by the light side
>kills his dad because he just wants to be like grandpa

At least Anakin saw her mother died and feared her wife to die as well. Kylo Ren is just a spoiled emo kid.
>>
>>64399749
>first thing you see is his BADASS lightsaber, which I went out and bought immediately.
>>
Is Kylo Ren a mary sue?
>>
>>64401281

Vader was human, Kylo is a subhuman emo pussy.
>>
>>64401359
>hates dad for no reason
>kills the rest of his classmates for no reason

>i want to know NOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>64401391
No, he's a fuck up like Anakin/Vader.
>>
>>64399749
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>64401420

It's not that they didn't give us a reason. It's that it's fucking impossible for them to come up with a good reason in the future.

They have to make Han Solo a really bad father for his son to want to kill him, and a real fucking tragedy to happen to Kylo for him to kill his padawan classmates and not just being Darth Elliot Rodgers.
>>
>>64399749
Kylo Ren is supposed to represent you, anon. Someone obsessed with Vader and being dark who is actually a whiny faggot.
>>
>>64399749
>waaah I want a 2D bad guy like Maul xD

It's impossible to satisfy an audience. If he was another boring generic villain people would have complained that he wasn't complex enough.
>>
>>64401096

DANK
A N
N A
KNAD
>>
>>64401596
In your opinion it is impossible to come up with a reason why.

Also
>Reason=/=justification

Sorry you lack a bit of imagination.
>>
>>64401714

Ok, give me a reason that doesn't sound retarded AND justifies (in a way that you can at least understand why he did it) Kylo's acts so that he's not Darth Elliot Rodgers.

It would also be nice if you didn't fuck up Luke, Leia and Han's characters in the process.

Show me your imagination.
>>
>>64401596
>MUH CHARACTER NEEDS TO BE SYMPATHETIC AND RELATABLE
>>
>>64402022

>reading comprehension

I'm not saying he has to be sympathetic. I'm just saying it'd be nice if he followed any fucking kind of logic. Be it evil or not, logic. Or no logic at all: he's just a mad person. But please don't give me this sith version of Elliot Rodgers.
>>
File: 1nycue.png (266 KB, 415x565) Image search: [Google]
1nycue.png
266 KB, 415x565
>>64402290
>angry/vicious/mean/pathetic characters are now being compared to Elliot Rodgers

what a fucking world
>>
>>64402379

>character kills his classmates and his dad because he tries so hard to be cool
>he is nothing like Elliot Rodgers
>>
>>64399749
Nomask Kylo were my favorite parts of the movie. He's a well developed, well acted character. His voice and tone work. He doesn't say stupid shit. The Han/Leia parents thing is unnecessary but at least they killed Han for it.
>>
>>64401359
Still even at his worst, he is more in control of his emotions than Anakin in either episode II or III.

Anakin was memetic. Kylo's really not.
>>
>>64403100
I disagree with your opinion. I much prefer Anakin who at least had a reason to turn to the dark side instead of this spoiled crybaby. Parents are literally heroes of the rebellion, uncle is another leader of the rebellion and great jedi, grandfather brought balance to the force. Why would you turn? Meanwhile, there is Anakin. Born a slave, no father, mother a slave, struggle to live, nasty premonitions, mom dies, visions of wife dying, etc.

Please don't strike me down with your katana
>>
File: 1374030172311.gif (3 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1374030172311.gif
3 MB, 300x169
>>64403481
>at least had a reason to turn to the dark side

>being okay with young Darth Vader being written into a LITERAL mouthbreathing retard
>muh wife and muh promotion are okay reasons to murder children
>>
>>64403728

>wanting to be as cool as grandpa is an okay reason to murder children
>wanting to save your wife and dominate the galaxy is not
>>
File: 1344700073696.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1344700073696.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>64403907
except we don't know the truth behind the event, just like we didn't know the truth behind vader's until episode 3

and no, saving your wife isn't a good reason
>being a slave to the vaginal jew
>>
>>64401596
>They have to make Han Solo a really bad father for his son to want to kill him

By this logic, were the kids at the Jedi temple terrible students who spat in Anakin's face? Otherwise Anakin wouldn't have wanted to kill them.
>>
>>64403481
I always thought had pretty good motivation, but Kylo isn't so bad. He's unstable and easily seduced, and its clear he wants some control and power over others.

I mean there are rich and famous people in actual real life whos children become murderous twats
>>
I can't take the shitposting anymore. please fucking stop.
>>
>>64404129

Anakin killing those kids didn't precisely come as normal. But one, killing your dad because fuck yeah doesn't seem better, and two, you can't say Anakin was a whiny emo because he killed a bunch of kids and then say Kylo killing his classmates and his dad is perfectly ok.
>>
>>64404551
You sure can when you have 3 movies to know Anakin, and 1 to know Ren.

It could all have been a red herring, he could be a double agent, what the fuck ever we don't know. And no, don't give me that
>NEEDS TO BE SELF CONTAINED!!!!

When the arcs of Vader and Anakin take 3 movies to complete as well.
>>
>>64404681

Disney canon (novels and shit they already published) literally says that:

>Kylo is Han and Leia's son
>He gets trained by Luke
>He gets seduced by Supreme Leader Snookie
>Leia knows Snookie is trying to seduce their son but doesn't tell Han because she thinks it will be worse
>Suddenly Kylo goes Elliot Rodgers and kills his classmates
>Luke says "fuck this shit i'm outta here"
>Han gets angry at Leia for not telling him about Snookie and they break up

Now tell me how does your red herring / double agent theory fit in this.
>>
File: 1375989295552.gif (2 MB, 230x270) Image search: [Google]
1375989295552.gif
2 MB, 230x270
>>64405840
>novelization
>same thing that says that Snoke whispers into Rey's head to kill Kylo

no, into the trash
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.