[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Carmen never actually likes Johnny at all. She
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 25
File: carmen starship troopers.png (567 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
carmen starship troopers.png
567 KB, 1024x576
Reminder that Carmen never actually likes Johnny at all. She only uses her vagina to convince him to join the military and then leaves him as soon as he does.

She's a honeypot for the totalitarian government to dissuade dissenters.
>>
You're blinded into the propaganda of the writers into thinking Carmen is a good match for Johnny.

Dizzy is my waifu
>>
My dick doesn't care. It only wants to fuck her.
>>
I would have been tapping dizzys ass everyday
>>
File: diz starship troopers.jpg (23 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
diz starship troopers.jpg
23 KB, 600x337
>>64399821
>>64399737
At least she likes Johnny, and isn't a coldhearted agenda driven bitch.
>>
>>64399673
reading the book right now, completely fucking different wtf
>>
>>64399673
carmen is the perfect waifu
>>
>>64399673
>She only uses her vagina to convince him to join the military
I'm pretty sure it was his choice to join up not her fault Johnny is pussywhipped
>>
>>64400473
I read the book in like 7th grade and had no idea what the funk was even going on.

Basically they had super advanced VHS screens on their faces and jumped around on jetpacks. That's all I remember
>>
>>64400619
yea where were the jetpacs in the film? Also the book seems so much more political, it's like a pol thread fucking insane shit going on
>>
>>64400550
She pressured him into doing it. She was holding out to convince him. His parents tried to raise him to think differently and not resort to joining the military for "citizenship". Most kids tend to think like their parents. If Carmen wasn't there, he probably wouldn't have joined the military. She convinced him, then she dumped him.
>>
>>64400707
>he probably wouldn't have joined the military
so he was a cuck
>>
>>64400707
She saved his life. If he didn't join, he would be dead.
>>
>>64400774
Her ship collided with an asteroid, and that definitely changed the asteroid's course. If she didn't hit it, it likely would not have hit Buenos Aires, and possibly have missed Earth altogether.

So if she didn't "save his life" by making him join the military, then she would have killed him for not listening to her.
>>
>>64400473
Movie is better than the book. Heinlein was an actual militarist facist who thought military service for basic rights like representation was a good idea. Half the book is classroom lectures about why his ideology is super special and awesome and best for society.

Movie is a parody of all that shit and manages to be pretty damn entertaining at the same time.
>>
>>64400926
>military service for basic rights like representation was a good idea
it is, my friend. Mandatory service teaches important values to young people.
>>
>wants a career as a ship captain
>doesn't want to settle down, marry a trust fund baby and pop out kids and watch soap operas while he fucks other women behind her back

Yeah fuck Carmen!

Fucking MRAs.
>>
>>64401038
>You have stripped rights as a civilian
>You can't vote or participate in any governmental discussions or issues
>It's suggested that having any children is very difficult if you were a civilian
>Citizens are the only ones allowed to vote and freely have kids
>Citizens are broken down by constant militant propaganda, and forced to listen to superiors who mold their political views
>The only people who are allowed to vote consistently vote the same way and raise kids who will act the same

If you think a single thought government is a good one, then good for you. I think it's extremely corrupt. It's worse than single party like Nazi Germany. It's 1984 tier shit.
>>
>>64401171
you can argue about execution but it's the only way to value your country and be ready to defend it. I mean just look what cultural nihilism brought us. not to mention for thousands of year it wasn't much different - just look at ancient Rome.
>>
Doesn't Carmen say that her mother told her violence never solves anything? Doesn't seem like something a government plant would say, unless she was using the Socratic method.
>>
>>64401254
The US really hasn't had to defend itself since World War II, that's why we have all of this hippie protest shit going down.

If a super power like China declared war on us tomorrow, I guarantee people will take up arms and willingly fight. The problem is the past 75 years we've been playing police in highly politically divisive conflicts, that's why most people who oppose the military do oppose the military.
>>
>>64401133
>implying she didnt get the easiest job and the retards in that society are just used as cannon fodder.
>>
>>64401321
When does she say that? She's clearly pro-war.
>>
File: e73f3.jpg (38 KB, 600x332) Image search: [Google]
e73f3.jpg
38 KB, 600x332
>there are people who would unironically choose captain space whore over brave and loyal Dizzy

how is this even possible
>>
>>64401396

In the beginning when they're in high school history class and the crippled history teacher is talking about Hiroshima.
>>
>>64401455
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Yrw7QNx1U

Dizzy says it. Carmen says the opposite.
>>
>>64400926
>parodies a book he admitted to not finishing
Van hoven is a hack
>>
File: my ironsides.jpg (22 KB, 666x360) Image search: [Google]
my ironsides.jpg
22 KB, 666x360
>>64401455
>crippled his teacher
>not knowing Michael Ironside
>>
>>64400926

>Implying national service shouldn't be brought back

The amount of degeneracy in the west is sickening, no patriotism anymore, we are all self apologising welps.
>>
>>64400673
As a 7th grader I was probably totally oblivious to the political stuff.

I was just mad that they didn't fight bugs until like the last part of the book
>>
>>64401423
To be honest space whore actually lives.
>>
>>64401346
it's not about war. I intentionally didn't write "armed service" but just mandatory service. When you don't have any obligations towards the community (in which form it is: state, family whatever) you don't value it. you don't value anything you get for free. And to what this leads you can see in yourop and mostly in cuckmany that gets invaded by millions of muslims (who funny enough have no doubts about their value, believes and who they are).
And if you have to earn your right to have a say in political matters you will value it and take it very seriously.
>>
>>64401647
>implying you wouldn't fuck Dizzy if she was still warm
>>
>>64401575
I don't mind involuntary service, because that isn't propaganda driven, and you get much more diversity in your voting population. Israel does this, and I think they do it pretty well. It promotes nationalistic pride, while maintaining freewill.

That's different from a militaristic caste society where only people who are pro military get to vote. Where people who do not wish to support their government are stripped of their rights. Where people are ostracized who disagree with some universal opinion.
>>
>>64401666
I believe Satan has a point.
>>
>>64399673
>Carmen never actually likes Johnny at all

That was supposed to be obvious from the beginning

best grill was superior in literally every way
>>
tfw I literally just downloaded the sequels
>>
>>64401719
>stripped of their rights
Believing that humans having any intrinsic rights to political participation is a mistake that will cost us dearly in the long run.
>>
>>64401647
Yeah but she deserved to die for being such a piss poor pilot.
>>
>>64400831
Nah watch it again. The asteroid didn't change course at all.
>>
>>64401798
Don't do it anon.
>>
>>64401799
I don't think it's intrinsic, but it's logical. Diversity promotes strength. Again, what you're suggesting literally feeds directly into Oceania and 1984. You're going to raise generations and generations of people who all think the same way. People will start to value power and domination over community and utility. Then you're just going to have a race of people who only care about maintaining absolute power for the sake of power.
>>
>>64399673
>can't even beat bugs

Why are fascist government such fuck ups both in real history and fiction?
>>
>>64401719
jidf leave
>>
Are you people feeling sorry for John Rico?

Don't. He fucked both girls!
>>
File: 1449866978639.jpg (57 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1449866978639.jpg
57 KB, 512x512
>>64400926
It's not explicitly fascist. There's capital punishment depicted within the military, and the humans are absolutely the aggressors, gaining territory when the book starts. I think there is a justification provided for the start of the war, but it's not a stretch to see the war as a product of a hawkish human government. Heinlein was I believe a libertarian and very aware of the relationship between foreign policy and an oversized military.

Also there are plenty of things wrong with universal suffrage. A voting bloc contingent on military service could not be worse than the electoral college, which is literal monied assholes controlling everything.
>>
>>64401798
Delete them all now
>>
>>64401368
>commanding and piloting a starship is easy
>her ship was one of the only ships to survive the barrage of attacks because of her abilities
>>
>>64400673
>where were the jetpacs in the film?

too expensive to pull off on the budget they had.
>>
>>64401666
Satan speaks the truth.
>>
>>64402124
oh
that entire scene is so retarded i think i blocked it out of memory.
>>
>>64401925
>Diversity promotes strength
Strenght comes through unity. Also federal service is not military service. Taking care of eldery or retarted people is also federal service. The important thing is that people learn that they are part of somthing bigger.
>>
>>64402055
>>64401920
they cant be that bad. i expect some c movie type of shit
>>
>>64401925
>but it's logical
why?
I have yet too see some evidence for that
> You're going to raise generations and generations of people who all think the same way
and that's different to today in what way?
>People will start to value power and domination over community and utility. Then you're just going to have a race of people who only care about maintaining absolute power for the sake of power.
politicians in pseudo-democratic countries like Germany already do that. not to mention men always value power over community. sounds like the natural state.
>>
>>64402284
Anon, listen to us. We wouldn't lie to you. Not about this.
>>
>>64402241
I think that's also a little unrealistic given the size of our population. If we had a couple of million people, I could see communal or military service being required for citizenship, but it's not applicable to super huge countries.
>>
Thread theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak
>>
>>64402353
wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
>>
File: whut.jpg (22 KB, 246x303) Image search: [Google]
whut.jpg
22 KB, 246x303
Does that make Johhny a cuckold ?
>>
>>64402284
No they really are that bad. And not in a so bad its good way. I can't think of a single redeeming quality.
>>
>>64402299
>>I have yet too see some evidence for that
The fact that you're alive and have the intelligence and means to participate in a conversation thanks to evolution suggests that.

>> You're going to raise generations and generations of people who all think the same way
>and that's different to today in what way?

Because you and I disagree on this. In your world, this conversation wouldn't happen because we would both accept that you're right.

>politicians in pseudo-democratic countries like Germany already do that. not to mention men always value power over community. sounds like the natural state.
Natural doesn't mean good. I think freedom of thought is by far the most important amendment we have. You're jeopardizing it for what purpose? To help realize your vision of a utopia? That's literally no better than liberals trying to ban racism or anything like that.
>>
>>64402350
Anon, there is more than enough to do. Any hard and underpaid government labour will qualify. Building roads and powerlines for example.
>>
>>64401925
>diversity
>unity

pick one
diversity will never make unity, only shedding of diversity and assimilating will unity be achieved. thats why stupid titles like african-american are bad for american unity, we're all americans and shouldnt be diversified. dumbass liberals keep promoting diversity to destroy any sort of unity
>>
>>64402515
I think you're overestimating the federal jobs there are available.

Most of the jobs available in the US are in the commercial and service industry.
>>
>>64399673

But her pussy literally saves his life

>bug asteroid
>>
>>64402048
And I want to point out that Civilian life in Starship troopers was still a paradise. The only thing that full citizenship guaranteed was the right to vote and hold office. Heinlein went out of his way to show how the military as noble willing volunteers. Sure there were beatings, but at ANY time, for ANY reason you could quit and just be out. No questions asked. You sign your papers and say goodby to your service. You take the beating because you WANT to take it. You WANT to become a better person as a result. Only once you have proven yourself dedicated beyond reproach do they even bother with the physical and mental conditioning needed to be a trooper.
>>
>>64401925

Bullshit. It promotes divisiveness, power struggles, and eventually conflict and war.

"Diversity" and "tolerance" are just bullshit political tools invented and being used by leftists, and minorities, to usurp power from the majority.

Unity and solidarity is the key to survival and prosperity.

You've been brainwashed bigger than shit, anon.
>>
File: 1451766428082.gif (49 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1451766428082.gif
49 KB, 300x250
>>64401171
Yeah. It's absolutely feels like an accurate depiction of a fascist society. You're ignoring aspects of the book that refute that however. Civilians can't vote but enjoy all the legal protections of the government; there's no form of slavery depicted, military service is totally voluntary and structured to make dropping out during enlistment as easy as possible. The military runs an insame amount of R&D and functions as a highly-efficient government contractor, so the voting citizens include people with no combat experience. High school has that free-wheeling Philosophy 101 class that's absolutely mandatory but you don't have to "pass", and basically exists to inspire free thought in this supposedly-mindwashed fascist population.

I think to interpret Starship Troopers as a fascist novel is to misunderstand the book.
>>
>>64402539
I never said diversity makes unity, in fact they're almost complete opposites.

Diversity of opinion is important, because what if your entire society is fully based on one idea, and that idea is fundamentally flawed? Someone would exploit that and completely collapse the government.

>>64402605
Tolerance and diversity are completely different, and I never even tried to relate them.

I think you both are actually just stupid and think I'm some leftist who thinks you should suck nigger dick.
>>
>>64402567
Well, i'm not from the US so i might not have the proper sense of proportion, nevertheless i think mass democracy is not the way to go for much longer. Just look at all the people drifting to the extreme ends of the political spektrum in europe, hell look at Trump and how /pol/ memes him into the oval office.
Get on a bus and drive around for a couple of hours and then remind yourself that almost each person you see is allowed to vote.
This should scare you.
>>
>>64402745
It doesn't scare me because in the end it really doesn't matter. There's enough disagreement to keep a happy medium in the country. No one's going to outright ban firearms because there's enough disagreement and ambiguity to make that a poor platform for a group of politicians. Same thing with privacy invasion, or whatever issue you are firm about.

The problem will be when one party becomes to prominent. When people stop disagreeing, or are afraid to disagree. Let's take a look at places this has happened in history

>19th century Russia
>20th century China
>20th century North Korea
>20th century Germany
>>
>>64402567
>Most of the jobs available in the US are in the commercial and service industry.

No. You're ignoring government contracting, which accounts for about 50% of blue-collar middle-class jobs in the US. Actual enlistment is a drop in the bucket.
>>
>>64402953
Why do you think this would happen? I think there would still be disagreement. When i was in the army, i surely didn't agree with everbody else in the army.
>>
File: Jewing_66e872_5416060.gif (378 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
Jewing_66e872_5416060.gif
378 KB, 208x200
>>64401575
>>
>>64399673
>implying anybody cares about some dumb average civilian/infantryman enough to honeypot him
I bet you believe Buenos Aires was an inside job

>>64402447
propaganda clips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3sU8NPCYmc
>>
>>64399673
>She's a honeypot for the totalitarian government to dissuade dissenters.
Well sign me up for fascism then.
>>
File: Dina_Meyer.jpg (903 KB, 936x1441) Image search: [Google]
Dina_Meyer.jpg
903 KB, 936x1441
>>64399673

I know who i would pick
>>
>>64402487
jesus bubba. get your shit together.
>>
>>64403076
>When i was in the army....

I hated the Army more than I hated Haj trying to kill me every day.

At least with Haj, you know what to expect, and he doesn't try to hide the fact that he will try to kill you any way he possibly can.

The Army doesn't give two shits about you and would stab you in the back just as they would gladly send you into combat with a fucking chick, a faggot, a retard, a felon, a psychiatric case, or any other number of pieces of shit that meet their "standards".
>>
File: 1408570491768.jpg (10 KB, 152x225) Image search: [Google]
1408570491768.jpg
10 KB, 152x225
>>64401925
>division creates strength
>>
>>64403262
Case in point. there is lots of disagreement in the army.
>>
>>64402745
those are structural problems that manifest slowly over a long timespan. Trump doesnt get memed into office but the insanity of the regressive-left. 10 years ago Trump wouldn't stood a chance.
Democracy works very well if people value their country (see mandatory service), it's cultural and ethnic homogen and it's an inclusive direct democracy. is it slow? absolutely. does it work? absolutely.
>>
File: denise-richards-nude-2.jpg (61 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
denise-richards-nude-2.jpg
61 KB, 1024x768
Ironically a Denise Richards movie where she does not show her tits.
>>
>>64403369
Look at Scotland faggot.
They were divided clans that only united when a bigger problems appeared.
Their diversity put together made them the only country in history to never been conquered by anyone.
You need diversity and only sometimes unity.
>>
>>64400926
Starship Troopers is the only book you've actually read by Heinlein (if you even bothered to read it) isn't it?
>>
>>64403408
I'm not disagreeing with you.
>>
>>64403076
My brother was in the army, and he had the same sentiments you did. Mostly conservative, however there are still a lot of liberals and moderates that participate.

They did agree on one thing though. Supporting the troops. Increased military spending, increased military power. I'm sure a lot of people in the military would also support requirement of government service in order to vote. Maybe not to the extent in the Starship Troopers movie, but it's significant step.

Let's say that happens. Now the only people allowed to vote for the government are people working for the government, who all believe that their sect of government deserves more power. People who don't work for the government would receive less and less power. The government just grows. People become more and more unified on single ideas, like increase in military, and less focused on issues like public welfare or social issues. Now we're at Starship Troopers levels. Once you're there, it's so easy to leap from that to complete totalitarianism. You just say "dissenters must be sterilized", and your entire population is now militaristic and fascist, and you can feed them whatever bullshit you want to do literally anything you want.
>>
>>64403413
>wild things
I master baited to that something fierce back in the day.
>>
File: 1386208641268.png (196 KB, 342x359) Image search: [Google]
1386208641268.png
196 KB, 342x359
>>64403457
yes nothing to do with the weather, landscape, that is on the ass-side of an Island and that there is nothing of value.
>>
>>64403457
>the only country in history to never been conquered by anyone
>they're currently conquered by the United Kingdom
>>
>>64403477
Why do you get so hung up on the military? I already said civil federal service should be an alternative.
>>
>>64403477
>Increased military spending, increased military power.

I wouldn't support that, due to the FACT that our military leadership are spineless cowards and WASTE most of the fucking money they get.

One third of the total U.S. Army force don't even meet the minimum standards of fitness, height/weight ratio's, or duty qualifications, and the reason they don't is because shitty leaders don't bother to enforce standards or kick pieces of shit out of the Army.

The conventional force is little more than a welfare in uniform program.
>>
>>64403457
>bunch of bickering assholes
>finally uniting because they might die

scotland was shit, my ancestors were the campbells and they fucking massacred everyone and jewed other clans into killing each other. shit example
>>
>>64403457
Actually the clan system destroyed them in the end, lack of unity meant different clans supported the union and some were against it. They also constantly fought each other.

There was also a severe divide between the Lowland and the Highlands. This division can be seen by the fact the Lowlands was speaking English while the Highlands spoke Gaelic. Along with not wearing kilts for their regiments until the 1800s.
Getting rid of the clans united Scotland more than ever since there was no family holdings and divisions anymore.
>>
>>64402745
The US has universal suffrage is name, but the actual voting of leaders is done by the Electoral College. The popular vote is mostly circuses for the masses so they think they are participating in a meaningful government when really it's just dog-and-pony show to distract everyone from the inanity of 2-party rule and the absolutely incompetence of lawmakers to rule justly.
>>
>>64403607
Our military "leaders" think putting females in direct combat positions makes sense.

Bitches can't compete in track in field, golf, basketball, volleyball, or strength training, but our "leaders" think they can compete with men on the battlefield.

Fucking morons.
>>
File: feminism4.webm (2 MB, 613x360) Image search: [Google]
feminism4.webm
2 MB, 613x360
>>64403676
>lies! womyn are as strong and capable as men!
>>
>>64403676
It's not a competition though, and I'm sure many female soldiers are more capable than the male insurgents out there.

Can a woman outswim Michael Phelps? No. As a man can I outswim Katie Ledecky? No.
>>
>>64403743
Also most modern weapons and weaponsystems are designed in such a way that they can be easily handeled by 12 year old children.
>>
>>64400926
>implying everyone with a pulse and eighteen years since the issuing of their cert should be allowed to influence the future of a nation

Fuck off. Women's suffrage has caused the downfall of the West.
>>
File: feminism3.webm (3 MB, 860x480) Image search: [Google]
feminism3.webm
3 MB, 860x480
>>64403803
no war is won without boots on the ground
>>
>>64403193
She still looks great today too, anon. It's amazing.
>>
File: us navy.jpg (56 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
us navy.jpg
56 KB, 640x360
>>64403607
>The conventional force is little more than a welfare in uniform program.
Nice meme.

Now the only people allowed to vote for the government are people working for the government, who all believe that their sect of government deserves more power. People who don't work for the government would receive less and less power. The government just grows. People become more and more unified on single ideas, like increase in military, and less focused on issues like public welfare or social issues.
But we have universal suffrage with the EC in America and literally all that stupid bullshit you just described. We didn't need a totalitarian government to get there, and it's disengenuous to imply Starship Trooper's government is totalitarian. A lot of dictators were never actual soldiers. A lot of US leadership didn't serve in the military.

GREAT RESULTS
>>
>>64403413
For the sake of my sanity I will pretend this picture doesn't exist

more
>>
>>64403842
Yeah, she's 47 and still out of my league. Really quite amazing.
>>
>>64403715
There should still be standards. If a person isn't fit for combat, they shouldn't be in combat, man or woman.

You can post all of the webms of retarded girls you want, that doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of retarded men who are serving in combat right now, and that doesn't mean there aren't extremely capable women who can perform their job exceptionally.

I wouldn't consider myself a feminist, but I don't see any issue with capable women joining combat roles. As long as it doesn't turn into some affirmative action "Women required" shit.
>>
File: 1449430472038.jpg (29 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
1449430472038.jpg
29 KB, 279x304
>>64403477

>Now the only people allowed to vote for the government are people working for the government, who all believe that their sect of government deserves more power. People who don't work for the government would receive less and less power. The government just grows. People become more and more unified on single ideas, like increase in military, and less focused on issues like public welfare or social issues.

But we have universal suffrage with the EC in America and literally all that stupid bullshit you just described. We didn't need a totalitarian government to get there, and it's disengenuous to imply Starship Trooper's government is totalitarian. A lot of dictators were never actual soldiers. A lot of US leadership didn't serve in the military.
>>
>>64403896
No. People only work a two year term to get their franchise. Haven't you read the book?
>>
>>64403743
>female soldiers are more capable than the male insurgents out there.

You have no idea how wrong you are.
>>
>>64403988
What requires strength? How often do these fights actually turn into wrestling matches? Most of the time you're within arms reach of these guys, either you're about to be dead, or you're about to kill him with your rifle.
>>
>>64402602
Maybe you just mean in the books but in the movie having kids was part of it as well.
>>
File: feminism2.webm (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
feminism2.webm
3 MB, 320x240
>>64403946
look at that nu-male. women have no place in combat roles and break down unit cohesion. plus there are a billion other reasons. the single only reason to consider women for a combat role is: win or get genocided -war or ideology.
>>
>>64403743
>It's not a competition though,

No, it's not a competition, because in combat you get shot, blown up, or fucking killed if you're too g'damn slow to reach cover, too weak to clear an obstacle, or lack the endurance to hump your ass to safety.

Thanks for pointing that out, anon.
>>
>>64403984
I meant to quote >>64403477 but fucked up. He's obviously misrepresenting the military in ST; he might not have even read the novel.
>>
>>64403946
Not him but I think most reasonable people would agree with that stance
>>
>>64400673
They put the mechs into the 3rd movie, also don't watch it.
>>64400619
What about bacon, do you remember bacon?
>>
>>64404127
I said in my post I was explicitly talking about the movie.

I never read the book. This thread is about the movie, and we are on /tv/. I'm not sure where you got this notion that I might be talking about the book.
>>
>>64404083
It's about carrying equipment. Female hip bones can't take as much punishmen as the male counterparts. Alos women have difficulty with dragging men, which are on average taller and heavier.
>>
>>64404085

the movie is satire and only in the slighest ways representative of the book

the screenplay it was based on wasnt an adaptation of starship troopers, and verhoven didnt even finish the book

about all that's the same are character and organization names. the characters were all changed to white though, in the book rico and his friends is actually argentinian
>>
>>64403946
>I wouldn't consider myself a feminist, but I don't see any issue with capable women joining combat roles. As long as it doesn't turn into some affirmative action "Women required" shit.

In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, anon, but EVERY study EVER conducted on women in combat basically said it was a stupid fucking idea, and yet our idiotic congress is FORCING the military to make this happen.

I've got no problem with all female units getting slaughtered, but I sure as fuck do when they are going to pawn those fat, whiny, weak ass whores off on American Infantrymen so they have to deal with even more bullshit than they do already.

Women add NOTHING to a military organisation and only degrade them. They are a fucking joke, and our society is stupid as shit to accommodate them.
>>
>>64404083

>thinking combat is JUST strength

You know nothing. Sit down and shut up before you piss off someone in the military
>>
>>64404221
Yeah but a lot of people would rather talk about the book because Ver Hooven is a hack. Starship Troopers is the perfect b-movie, it's got everything you want from a flick in spades. There's little to discuss here.
>>
>>64404083
There are special force teams comprised of females. And even military forces that have used women through out history, Vietnamese,soviet and Israel. But women's bodies just can't keep up with men's when it comes to humping equipment and endurance. The psychological impacted of having women in a mixed unit is bad too.
>>
>>64404162
The sound of frying bacon? Not him btw.
>>
File: 1371472082384.jpg (641 KB, 677x2422) Image search: [Google]
1371472082384.jpg
641 KB, 677x2422
picture very related
>>
>>64404363
>There are special force teams comprised of females
and wich one would that be? the toilet clean special force?
>>
>>64404376
Haha yeah that's right.
>>
>>64404221
Ah, now i get you Sir. Well the movie is highly satirized.
>>
>>64404363
Poster women
>>
>>64404436
Some Asian country. Can't remember which.
>>
>>64404314
Dude, in the book Ricos native tounge is some sort of fillipino dialect.
>>
>>64400926
The book invented space marines, drop pods, and mini nukes. Only the latter of which made it into the movie.
>>
The false flag narrative ends as soon as you discover the bugs are genocidal bastards who cannot be reasoned with.

Join the Mobile Infantry today and kick some bug's ass!
>>
>>64401133
>women being good at anything
nice meme
If a woman achieves anything, I can guarantee you she only did it to spite someone. That's the only thing that will motivate women.
>>
>>64403457
>Look at Scotland faggot.
you've just made an enemy for life.
>>
>>64401038
Being in the military, all it seems to teach is how to slack off and distrust your superiors
>>
>>64404083
>What requires strength?

Humping your individual combat load, ammunition, meds, and special equipment.

Being able to carry said combat load rapidly from cover to cover while under direct enemy observation.

Being able to carry said combat load rapidly over obstacles, like walls, ditches, gulleys, while under direct enemy observation.

Being able to carry said combat load while carrying casualties to casualty collection points.

Being able to run with said combat load to establish support by fire positions in order to suppress enemy positions.

Being able to run with said combat load to establish assault positions to assault enemy positions, buildings, and such.

Get the picture?

No, you don't, because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I could go on and on.
>>
>>64404490
Asian countries haven't been at war since the 80s.

Good fucking job.
>>
>>64404509

my mistake

i only read the book once a few years ago

either way, juan rico was ethnic
>>
>>64401509
Weird in the german version they say washington was destroyed instead of hiroshima?
>>
>>64404396
based
>>
>>64404670
>germans being petty, sore losers and taking cheap shots
what else is new.
>>
>>64404593
>America
>fought in vietnam
>only had males
>lost

>fought in Iraq and Afghanistan
>had women too
>won in merely weeks

I guess having female soldiers is not that bad
>>
>>64404490
Probably north korea
>>
>>64404131
>Not him but I think most reasonable people would agree with that stance

Yea?

What about the standard of not having a biological impact on your team mates that make them view you as a potential sexual partner?

Take Scarlett Johanson and stick that bitch in a squad of men, and they will ALL want to fuck her, which totally fucks up unit cohesion. Likewise, take Zak Effron and stick him in a squad of bitches, and they will ALL lose their shit trying to fuck him. It's BIOLOGY, and beyond the control of any human, and the main reason bitches have been excluded from a myriad of male teams in society. Add bitches, and the team gets WORSE.

Men and women are NOT equal, and it's pretentious and ignorant as fuck to ignore the biological impact of mixing genders, especially when we're talking about our national security.
>>
>>64404747
We won the battles and lost the war.

And no, we didn't have "women soldiers" in front line in Iraq and the 'Stan.
>>
>>64404799
>men and women are not equal
I don't know why you're telling me like you're not already preaching to the choir anon. Settle down.
>>
>>64404363

No, there aren't.

I worked in SOCOM and the only bitches in SOF served in support capacities, just like every bitch in the military, minus the pilot bitches.

Women were a fucking joke.
>>
>>64402605
>>64402539

a unified ideology is what makes a country great

it worked to make the multicultural united states great through the early 1900s, and drove us from new nation to world superpower

it's what's made singapore one of the most powerful economies in eastern europe over the past 50 years

now a racially homogenous society is an easy boon to having a homogenous ethos, and a racially diverse society is almost always a detriment

but there are a few examples of multicultural powerhouses

also, they all have in common that blacks are pretty excluded from anything that matters, or just dont exist
>>
>>64404581
not to blindly trust anyone seems an important lesson to me.
>>
>>64404901
>a unified ideology is what makes a country great

The "diversity" and "tolerance" forwarded by leftists and minorities in the states is just the opposite of a "unified ideology".
>>
>implying we should still need the military in 2016
>>
>>64404799
You should read The Forever War. Infantry is desegregated because combat suits (powered armor) make individual human physiology largely irrelevant. Simply animal attraction is acknowledged and fucking is permitted lights-out and when off duty. As long as discipline is maintained the military largely doesn't care who is fucking who.

It's a bit of a fantasy but fun to read.
>>
>>64404992

Fuck off
>>
>>64404991

well yeah, the USs current method of just immigrating dead weight for the sake of having crowds of people more colorful is literally the worst way to import multiculturalism

so, uh, thanks for agreeing with my post i guess
>>
>>64404901
blacks arent excluded, they exclude themselves. maybe they shouldnt be glorifying rappers and thugs. maybe they shouldnt think welfare is a way to live. black people arent a problem, their stupid culture is. it wasnt like this 30 years ago either, media and welfare killed the black community
>>
>>64404747
0/10 bait tbqh senpai desu
>>
>>64404888
Not in America dicknozzle.
>>64404757
Probably was.
>>
>>64404992
>implying we don't need it now more than ever
>>
The Carmen, Johnny and Dizzy relationship drama involved a 4th person and was more fleshed out and made sense, but test audiences said it was boring and Verhoeven actually agreed and didn't like the Carmen chatacter anyway so they cut most of it out.
>>
>>64404888
Trips don't lie. Women should stick to roles they are good at. Infantry without some sort of technology that puts them on the physiological level of men is not the place for a woman with a woman's physiology.
>>
>>64404396
it's nice to read something on the internet that makes sense
>>
>>64405048
/k/oward detected
>>
>>64405047
>Simply animal attraction is acknowledged and fucking is permitted lights-out and when off duty. As long as discipline is maintained the military largely doesn't care who is fucking who.

That's just it, if your troops are fucking each other, they aren't maintaining discipline.

It's as if people are fucking morons and refuse to acknowledge all the bullshit relationship drama they've experienced or witnessed in their lives. That shit needs to stay OUT of combat units.
>>
>>64405125
Yeah, because women soldiers are huge contribution to the United States military.

Get out of here.
>>
>>64405125
>Not in America dicknozzle.

Then they don't matter, and are about as "special" as the athletes competing in the "special" Olympics.
>>
>>64404396
An hero and a real fucking woman.
>>
>>64405307
you have brain damage, I was saying it wasn't an American unit, it was Asian. If you follow the trail back to my first post, I'm against women In the military.
>>
>>64405174
>Women should stick to roles they are good at. Infantry without some sort of technology that puts them on the physiological level of men is not the place for a woman with a woman's physiology.

It's not about the physiology as much as the BIOLOGY, anon.

The military is tough enough with the bullshit relationship drama that the civilian world has to deal with on a daily basis.

Bitches make a male team WORSE. Period. There is absolutely NO justifiable reason to weaken our combat teams just to accommodate women. Let them form their own damn teams.
>>
>>64399991
>[desire to question more intensifies]
>>
>>64404396
Why do I feel like wanting to protect, marry and love this women?
>>
>>64405433
Well, asian militaries are shit.

SHIIIIITT.
>>
>>64400926
>Heinlein was an actual militarist facist who thought military service for basic rights like representation was a good idea.
when will people stop spreading this shit, holy fuck
>>
>>64405487
And America failed to beat them twice.
>>
>>64404799
>there are no gays in a war
>there are no bisexuals in a war
>everyone is gorgeus like Scarlett Johanson and Zak Effron
>>
>>64405505

they could start by actually reading the book instead of social justice-y essays on it, but i doubt that'd help
>>
File: screenshot_00003.jpg (49 KB, 1280x699) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_00003.jpg
49 KB, 1280x699
>>64399673
Any of you assholes seen Starship Troopers Invasion? While not perfect, it's actually a worthwhile sequel to the original movie.
>>
>>64405544
You mean what? America carved Japan shit in, America carved Vietnam shit in until the hippies tell them to leave.
>>
>>64405602
I do, and it kicks ass.
>>
File: Sti-mech-film-grenade.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sti-mech-film-grenade.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1080
>>64405602
>>
>back when I watched this I thought Carmen was hot and Dizzy was an uggo

I didn't realise I had such shit taste as a young lad. Dizzy's actress even aged better.
>>
>>64405615
Korean War stalemate. Vietnam war stalemate, with Americas goal of stopping the north taking over the South failing.
>>
>>64405728
Korean War was a win because it achieved the objective which is protecting South Korea.

Vietnam war was a loss, but turned out a win when Vietnam changed into USA's buttbuddy due to chinese aggression.
>>
File: starship4.jpg (59 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
starship4.jpg
59 KB, 1280x800
>>64405697
>>
>>64405697
Shinji Aramaki does the best mech porn.
>>
>>64405577
>faggots aren't simply a birth defect that make up maybe 2% of a population
>faggotry isn't universally loathed by normal people the world over
>>
>>64405778
Vietnam should did fuck America ass that's true.
>>
>>64405879
Not militarily, no.

We fucked their ass, hard, for 25 years straight.
>>
File: starship11.jpg (57 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
starship11.jpg
57 KB, 1280x800
>>64405781
yup. I just wanted to see armored space marines splattering bugs, and this movie hit all the right spots.
>>
>>64405975
>>64405781
>>64405697
>>64405602
Better than 2 and 3?
>>
>>64405943
America fucked everyone and everything in and around Vietnam, including themselves.
>>
>>64405996
anything is better than 2. I think it's better than 3. Being all CGI, they can do a lot more than live action such as with the armored suits. it's not going to give you any insight into fascist governments, but the bug battles are awesome.
>>
>>64405996
Actually, yeah.
>>
>>64406133
>this is what americans believe
kek
>>
>>64406168
I'm not American. Over a million people died I. The war. Vietnam is still feeling the effects, they have special places where victims of the varies agents that were used make pictures and paintings.
>>
>>64406168
I'm not him, but I'm not American, and if you can't admit that America won the majority of battles in Vietnam you're just an edgy teen hopping on the anti yank bandwagon.
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.