[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unintionally terrible character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 750x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 750x484
Did JJ think that this terrible character was protected from chriticism because of his skin color?

>traitor
>coward
>thief
>beta orbiter
>unintelligent
>impulsive
>foolhardy
>ugly
>no moral standards
>sanitation worker(lowest of low)

Actually he is such a terrible character how is JJ not accused of racism?
>>
Maybe he's trying to underdog him or some shit idk. Possibly the most unneeded character in the series next to darth pussy.
>>
>>64398435

It sucks because Boyega is quite superior to Ridley, yet his character doesnt know what he is.

Also, while trying to cast people to appease all crazed sjws and minorities, JJ has manage to make the black dude the traitor comical relief sidecick again.
>>
>>64398435
Are you actually retarded?

None of those things make a character bad in and of themselves and several of those things aren't even true or are subjective.
>>
>Terrible character
>Lists character flaws as reasons

Maybe the secret to a good character isn't to just make them a badass
>>
>>64398708
Typically a negro in a TV or movie is a magical negro who can do no wrong.

What I mean by a bad character is that he is an unredeemingly bad person.
>>
>>64398435
Sounds like your average 4chan poster tbqh
>>
>>64398804
Well he isn't a real person which is why is used the word character. Yes poor choice of words.
>>
let me guess, you thought the girl was the best character ever
>>
>>64398435
His only real use was a plot device to break out poe. Other than that nothing cuz ridley dont need no man
>>
>>64398868
No, she was unrealistically perfect, I just find it interesting that JJ made finn such a bad moral person
>>
>>64398927
He made finn the only overtly good person
>>
I like the one flawed hero in the film.
>>
>>64398824
And yet several of those things really aren't that bad given the context of the film and the situation or are still either outright wrong or still subjective.

Yeah, Finn's a traitor and a coward, but he literally didn't want any part of the kind of immoral genocide and unwarranted slaughtering the First Order were taking part of.

He's kinda cowardly but then he KNEW the First Order would kill him, if not worse, if they ever caught him and knew they regularly did shit like slaughter entire innocent villages and shit.

In fact, wanting to just leave entirely and live a quiet life was probably the smart thing to do, really. So that contradicts your point about him being unintelligent. And he was smart/clever enough to get him and Poe free, kinda kickstarting the plot of the whole movie.

Also he deserted the First Order entirely BECAUSE of his moral standards.

This whole thread is bait.
>>
>>64398994
How was he "good?"
>>
>>64399051
>moral standard
Yet he kills people at random throughout the rest of the film with no compunction at all
>>
It bothered me that they established FIN as a moral character by choosing not to slaughter the towns people. Then, literally minutes later, he was in a TIE fighter blasting his fellow soldiers to death by the dozens. He lost all credibility when he chose to commit those actions. FIN truly is a traitor and I hope he faces justice for slaughtering his brethren.
>>
>>64399217
Exactly he is just a coward who didn't want to follow orders, decided to run away and would kill anyone in his way
>>
>what is character development

He was sort of the emotional heart of the movie
>>
>>64399153
He's a trained soldier firing on other soldiers then. In the beginning he doesn't want to open fire on unarmed helpless civilians
>>
>>64399153
>at random
Those were First Order troops who were trying to kill HIM and likely just about everyone else in sight as well. Kinda justified in fact. He clearly did not care for the extremist ways of the First Order.

If anything, Finn was probably the best character in the movie after Kylo Ren. His whole entire story about being a former First Order stormtrooper defecting was probably the most interesting part of the whole movie, aside from Kylo Ren maybe. I would actually rather Finn be THE main character and maybe even a Force sensitive rather than Rey.

>>64399217
Those were kinda-sorta the bad guys and he knew it.
>>
>>64399333
How do you know those "civilians" weren't partisans?
>>
>>64399217
Those people in TIE fighters were trying to kill him.
>>
Because he's human. He has flaws, there are things about him which give him depth. Which makes him the best character in the movie.
>>
>>64400443
Yeah he is a shitty person with no redeeming qualities
>>
>>64400545

He risks his life to save others on numerous occasions.
>>
>>64400678
He does is out solely out of muh dik reasons which is made pretty clear numerous times
>>
Finn's weaknesses are his best character traits though. He actually has vices and is a far better and believable character. Rey is literally perfect, everyone instantly loves and respects her, and she's skilled at literally everything she attempts. She can do no wrong.

He's clumsy and not all that competent like Luke and he has similarities to Han in terms of the first half of the movie where he's only looking after his own interests.
>>
>coward
Seriously? Did you even watch the movie? Finn is the bravest character in the entire movie.
>>
>>64401322
No he is rash and fool hardy, he only does anything "brave," bcuses of muh dik beta orbiting
>>
>>64399217
Killing innocent civilians and killing the soldiers who murder those civilians without questions is different.

He's not Batman. He's just not a bad guy.
>>
>leaves the first order the first time he sees someone die
>gets butthurt when they call him a traitor

Why? Did he somehow think he wasnt one?
>>
he was comedic relief
>>
>>64398435
>All of those traits are my real life traits
>>
Is Finn a mary sue?
>>
>>64401923
To be called a "traitor" to a stupid fucking piece of shit organization is an insult, because it implies there's some kind of belonging or real group to defect from. It was just a compulsory forced hitler organization that had no freedom and ultimate obedience. "Traitor" is a positive thing in the case of First Order.
>>
>>64402172
>no freedom and ultimate obedience.
Says who, the traitor nignog?
>>
File: 1427059884955.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1427059884955.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>64398435
>taken from family at a young age
>trained by First Order to become a killing machine
>resisted their brainwashing even though he was just a child
>was on janitorial duty because he refused to submit to their cruel regime
>didn't fire on helpless civilians
>commits to rescuing a top value prisoner knowing it could cost him everything
>selflessly commits to fulfilling Poe's mission despite barely knowing him
>tries to protect Rey even though he just barely met her and only leaves when he thinks she's safe
>attempts to fight Kylo Ren despite his fears

He was pretty fucking based and was far braver than anyone else on this fucking board if put into his shoes.
>>
>>64398435

I know that's a HUGE bait but i'll bite it.
So is that only ok when a white guy does it?

>traitor
Han Solo attended the Imperial Academy at Carida, and graduated at the top of his class with the rank of Lieutenant.

>coward
Han ran away and left people in several occasions but came back, same asFinn.

>thief
Han is a glorified con artist. What did Finn steal again?

>beta orbiter
Abloobloo

>unintelligent
He did manage to escape and helped the pilot in the way. Pretty clever IMO.

>impulsive
So was Obi Wan

>foolhardy
Opinion

>ugly
Opinion

>no moral standards
Why? He refused to murder people who couldn't defend themselves in cold blood.

>sanitation worker(lowest of low)
He was a hard working man with morals that made him escape an oppressive place.
>>
How does Rey understand Chewie? When is this ever addressed?
>>
>>64398435
>chriticism

grow up
>>
ALL of the protagonists are terrible. I give it 2 months before the hyped up retards realize how bad and forgettable this movie really is.

This movie has no greatness whatsover, zero orginality, the worst kind of screen writing, it's pure, unadulterated franchise milking for maximum $$$.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.