[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twin Peaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: mirror.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mirror.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
Just finished season two of Twin Peaks.
Disappointed, the direction was terrible and they case ends were unsatisfying.

What did people think when it was airing?
>>
File: 1444131633075.jpg (12 KB, 245x251) Image search: [Google]
1444131633075.jpg
12 KB, 245x251
>>64396816
pleb
>>
File: pete.jpg (17 KB, 315x378) Image search: [Google]
pete.jpg
17 KB, 315x378
>>64396816
Also, Pete was the most based character
>>
>>64396816
>they case ends were unsatisfying.
What do you mean by this
>>
File: dr.cuck.jpg (31 KB, 380x423) Image search: [Google]
dr.cuck.jpg
31 KB, 380x423
Was he a cuck?
>>
>>
>>64396862

It's sad his actor died considering he was the lead in Lynch's first feature film and had at least a cameo in everything except I think The Elephant Man until he died.

I can only imagine what Jack Nance would be like in Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire, or Twin Peaks Season 3.
>>
>>64397058
Strangely, he divorced the actress who would go on the play the Log Lady in 1976.
>>
>>64396883
None of the endings of the plots were satisfying.
I didn't feel anything was resolved when a bunch of characters talking outside wondering if Leland was insane or is 'Bob' is real.

The Renaults felt like filler.
Hank just sort of ended up in prison.
Leo turned into a bitch.
The black lodge was very anti-climatic
Windom was just some guy who appeared from Cooper's past, walks around like some evil tom bombadil then gets fucked by Bob.

Over all a great series, but it clearly has flaws.
>>
>>64397154
I thought the Black Lodge and the Leland reveal up to his death were both fantastic. The other stuff you named I didn't like, but the two biggest climaxes in the show I wasn't disappointed in at all.
>>
>>64397154

I loved the ambiguity over Leland, though, and thought the episode of his death was amazing.

But it was a little weird how they handled the funeral.

>By the way Mrs. Palmer, your husband was drugging you to make sure you didn't know what was going on
>Oh, and also he expressed remorse before dying and may or may not have been possessed by a demon

That's just way too much shit to just dump on somebody at a funeral. Also the town doesn't know about BOB, they just know Leland raped and murdered his own daughter.

My main problem with the show after this isn't the plotlines themselves (well, OK, Nadine and stuff is bad). I liked Ben and Catherine fighting over Ghostwood, and I liked Windom Earle/The Black Lodge. But those plots barely interact with each other, whereas before every character had a connection to Laura in some way.

I don't even hate the James plot, it's just that it takes up so much time and goes nowhere.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.