[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
House of Cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
How does /tv/ feel about House of Cards? I've recently started (and finished) it and am hungry for opinions, or at the very least the validation of my own.

I think it's pretty tits. It's refreshing to have a show that can get me so excited about intrigue and dialog as apposed to only action.
>>
The third season was awful (as someone who loved the first two) but I'm gonna watch it to the end goddammit.
>>
I loved the first two seasons, especially Frank's cunning and manipulation. There was a noticeable drop off in quality in season 3 though, I felt like it focused to much on Frank's and Claire's relationship drama and turned Claire into a completely illogical person who acts entirely on impulse
>>
>>64393819

First season was amazing until the last episodes. Second season is mediocre and third season is shit.
>>
>>64393915
>turned Claire into a completely illogical person who acts entirely on impulse

I felt the same way. I don't know why they decided to start writing her so differently from the first two seasons.
>>
It's literally reddit: the TV show
>>
>>64393819

I think the first season with Zoe and Frank scrambling to the top was the best season.
>>
I find it very entertaining. Especially when we see back stories of characters like Freddie or Doug whom we don't really pay attention to until it comes up and becomes a big deal - at least, better executed than Orange's characters.

Anyone else here /doug/?
>>
>>64394038
Because of the [literal] gayness? Otherwise I don't really get your point besides labling anything you don't like as the reddit boogeyman.
>>
>>64393915
Claire went full menopause and is exactly like Hillary Clinton
>>
The first season was fucking awesome. Season two was pretty good, but Frank's undermining got to unrealistic levels that ultimately were hard to ignore. Season three flat out sucked. I do not give a single shit about the writer storyline, the Jackie and Remy relationship, or Claire pulling a 180 on Frank. The cliffhanger was incredibly lazy.

I'll certainly see the series through to the end because I like to think the writers can go a little more crazy now that the reelection storyline is almost over.

7/10 series.
>>
>>64394096
>boogeyman buzzword
Hello Reddit!
>>
>>64393819

Season 1: 8.5/10
Season 2: 7.5/10
Season 3: 4/10
>>
It's a "Frank get what he wants because no one bothers to verify his hearsay and lies" episode
>>
>>64394139
You understand how language works, yes? Words have meaning. That one works there.

You could have just answered without being such a fag about it.
>>
Is that a Sony product I just happen to own for some reason despite being a grown man in his 50's with no time for vidya?
>>
File: 1443679726596.gif (2 MB, 154x273) Image search: [Google]
1443679726596.gif
2 MB, 154x273
>>64394139
Jesus Christ, lol
>>
>>64394093
Doug is the man.
>>
>>64394326

Him and Notputin were only good things about Season 3 2bh
>>
File: 1450260267997.png (257 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1450260267997.png
257 KB, 4500x4334
>>64393819

Americans half assing another remake of a Based British series
>>
File: search.jpg (2 KB, 137x90) Image search: [Google]
search.jpg
2 KB, 137x90
All these pleblords not understanding the brilliance of season 3
The whole point of the season was that Frank is now in the White House, the eyes of the world are on him, he can't make moves in the shadows anymore like he could before. Without that he can't make offensive moves against political opponents like he used to, he's stuck playing defense now and losing control. I think it's refreshing to see him lose and lash out. If he won all the time the show would be fucking stupid as shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 1280x1041) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 1280x1041
>>64394093
>tfw spotting Doug in another tv show or movie that I already like
Watch the opening scene from the first episode of the Sopranos season 6, he's a fed driving a car.
>>
Season 1 and 2 were great.

3 was disappointing.
>>
>>64394275
>"you're a gamer?"
>"no, I sold my Xbox® on eBay™ a month ago. It was just too addictive (*breaks the 4th wall and winks*)"
Fincher is such a shameless shill
>>
>>64394652

PLAYSTATION VITA
>>
>>64393915
This. It was idiotic and I'll probably not watch S4.
>>
>>64394652

Related: why would the secret service not hook up the vidya system to the internet because it wasn't secure? He wasn't running any sensitive communications or programs through it, it couldn't access government systems. I don't see why they would do that.
>>
>>64394275
>government worker
>no time for videogames
pick one
>>
>>64393871
>>64393915
>>64394118
>>64394190
>>64394613

There was a huge drop in quality between season 1 and 2, what the fuck are you guys talking about

there was pretty much unanimous agreement here at the time that season 1 was pretty good and it went to shit with 2. 3 was ok i guess
>>
>>64393915
>turned Claire into a completely illogical person who acts entirely on impulse
this so much. I really liked her character at the beginning, a strong female character that compliments her husband well while retaining her own identity. And then they decided to start writing her as an indecisive bitch on perma period
>>
>>64394888
I'm with you bro, season 2 was shit
>>
>>64394888
Not a single episode could top the first of season two for me. Maybe I'm a simpleton for being so easily entertained by a little twist shoved in my face, but I accept that.

I felt it was a pretty steady decline after that. As for season 3, I just didn't enjoy the story as much. His rise to power was much more entertaining than a battle for public opinion.
>>
File: Francis_Urquhart.jpg (26 KB, 298x460) Image search: [Google]
Francis_Urquhart.jpg
26 KB, 298x460
>>64394443
This, kinda. The original is aged, but smarter and more realistic. Urquhart is the proper portrait of an unscrupulous politician, Underwood is just an entertaining caricature in comparison. The UK version is both more realistic and more subtle.

Also, the American version has interesting additions and novel side-character arcs, but a lot of characters are just props for the plot, which is not the case in the original, where every character has fleshed-out motivations.
>>
>>64394888
2 was definitely not as good as 1 but it was still very enjoyable and it feels closer to 1 than 3 in both, the level of quality and storyline.
>>
>>64394735
Because there is no such thing as a 'pure' vidya system in modern times. They have Bluetooth connectivity, user data stored on poorly-secured servers, and a whole bunch of other attack vectors (technical and social) that any malicious blackhat could use to infiltrate the government's secure network.
That's the main reason why Obama isn't allowed to use any devices that haven't first been vetted and modified by the NSA. It's stupidly easy to hack into consumer tech, so you absolutely need the best and brightest minds available to harden it.
>>
>>64395128
>that any malicious blackhat could use to infiltrate the government's secure network.

But it wasn't connected to a government network, it was just his cable line.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.