[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>rewatching Arrested Development on Netflix >watch the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
>rewatching Arrested Development on Netflix
>watch the last episode, figure I'm done
>new episode fires up
>completely forgot about the new season that came out a little while back
>Seth "dude weed lmao" Rogan is playing young George Sr.
>none of the characters are acting appropriately
>Michael literally got into the shower with his son

What the fuck happened, /tv/?
>>
>>64391098
netflix season is weird. not sure how i feel about it
>>
>>64391098

Yeah it's pretty shit

I hated how each episode was based around one character

Tobias storyline was still good though
>>
>>64391098
writers literally forgot how to write
>>
>>64391098
its the way they had wanted to make the show but had to have it appeal to american sensibilitys ie a good guy trying his best the shy son with unrequited love all that sitcom horseshit if you dont like the way they act in the new season you dont like genuine personalitys
>>
The GOB-centered episode is good and it picks up a bit when they storylines start coming together (starting with the GOB episode), but overall it was disappointing.
>>
any lewds of the pig on the right?
>>
Since the original series, the careers of a lot of the cast have taken off. It was difficult to get them all together for shooting at the same time, so they did the season in long-form Rashomon-style.
>>
>show based on the chemistry of the main cast
>netflix season isolates every member of the main cast from each other

top fucking kek
>>
>>64392209
>Since the original series, the careers of a lot of the cast have taken off.

Other than Cera and MAYBE Bateman, I don't think so, champ. One of them literally had to marry Ellen Degeneres just to avoid living on the street.
>>
>>64392002
I wish. She's not descended to Indy nude fuck films yet.
>>
>>64392350
Tony Hale had scheduling conflicts with Veep, Jeffrey Tambor gets a lot of work in cameos and has that Amazon series Transparent that came out right after the season four. Will Arnett and Jessica Walter both do voice work. None of them are super famous, but coordinating the schedules of like ten B or C list celebrities isn't as easy as you think.
>>
>>64391098
The GOB episode is good

Rest is like a different show
>>
>>64391098

A big obvious problem was that the cast couldn't be on set at the same time.
>>
when i saw the first ep of S4 i stopped watching because i thought it was so shit

2 months ago i picked it back up and it was actually bretty good, would recommend.
>>
>>64392350
Bateman has said multiple times AD saved his career
>>
>>64391098
mitch hurwitz went too far up his own ass
>>
Season 4 is actually as good as the other 3 on the rewatch.

On the first watch it made no sense and wasnt very funny till half way through. The Rashomon thing didnt work.

Werent they making a recut last year? What happened to that?
>>
>>64394709
>Season 4 is actually as good as the other 3 on the rewatch.

this. also season 5 is confirmed ^_^
>>
The Gob episodes are some of the best of the series.
>>
It's weird how George Michael becomes one of the best characters in season 4.
>>
>>64394709
They realized how much people rewatch the show, so about half the jokes don't make sense until your 2nd watch. Season 4 is GOAT.
>>
>>64391863
Holy fuck nigger could you please learn to use punctuation? That was like reading a book without periods or commas.
>>
>>64391098
only good episodes are the second michael episode, the tony wonder episode and the george michael episodes
>>
cmon fags, it wasn't that bad.

few keks here and there.

it was alright
>>
>>64397821
Tobias episodes were good
>>
The back half (where all the characters are around each other) is good but the first half has as many clunkers as the whole show did prior to that, so I don't blame people if they stopped watching. Overall when it was good it was classic AD, but it had a lot more problems than the rest of the show
>>
File: Shawkat.jpg (164 KB, 799x1024) Image search: [Google]
Shawkat.jpg
164 KB, 799x1024
>>64391098
she is so fuckin qt
>>
>>64398356
>ugly dyke
>qt
no
>>
>>64398389
Who do you think is qt?
>>
>>64391805
they brought in some new writers iirc. They probably assigned each writer a character, so it ended up being a little retarded.
>>
>>64398356
freckles can be cute. hers aren't.
>>
>>64398356
>this to be perfectly honest with you
>>
>>64398424
no one in that show
>>
>>64398452
Yeah, the season was meant to be an anthology originally and they abandoned that idea in production, iirc.
>>
>>64391098
Why out of everything that season is Seth Rogan playing George Sr. a gripe? I thought that was totally fine
>>
>>64391098
I thought the Buster episode was alright. The actor is incredibly underrated.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.