[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Master
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: The-Master.png (631 KB, 1280x686) Image search: [Google]
The-Master.png
631 KB, 1280x686
Why was this move so opaque? I don't know why I wasted 2 and a half hours on this shit.
>>
greetings 9gag
>>
>>64390742
Looking o nthe bright side, the fat guy who played the master committed suicide so no more hipster fims from him.
>>
you just don't get it
>>
Fans of this movie don't understand that they're being processed in the same way that Joaquin's character was. They think there's some meaning to the film, when in reality it's PTA fucking with them. If you're going to like the movie, like it for that, but if you don't understand what I'm saying you didn't get the movie at all.
>>
>>64391783
Freddie was the id, Dodd the ego, Dodd's wife the superego.

It was a meta middle finger to scientology
>>
>>64391935
This. PTA is brilliantly referencing his own cult like fanbase. He's always been humble IRL about how his movies are just Altman knockoffs
>>
>>64392265
Why is it Scientology in particular? Why not just all cults?
>>
>>64392331
Scientology has a particular, entrenched opposition to psychiatry and in many ways defines itself by said opposition.
>>
Best movie of the decade. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>64391935
So PTA is no longer interested in making art, but would rather do this kind of "lol fuck with the dumb hipsters" wankery? When artists do this kind of shit it just seems immature and a waste of talent.
>>
LITERALLY quite LITERALLY the GREATEST MOVIE of ALL TIME, LITERALLY
>>
>>64392738
My asshole tastes like twizzlers. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>64390742
UNO FARTO
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.