[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It did well for two reasons: >3D gimmick that we are still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 420x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 420x304
It did well for two reasons:
>3D gimmick that we are still stuck with
>Anti-American message that the jealous international markets love
>>
>>64389546

$2BILLION overseas
>>
>>64389915
Exactly.
>>
>>64389546
>Anti-American message
> SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING I DISAGREE WITH BUT HE GETS TO MAKE MOVIES, IT'S UNFAIR AND A JEW CHINESE CONSPIRACY

go clean your room like you said you were going to
>>
>>64390485
It is manifestly against the foreign and environmental policy of the US at the time.

Were you socially unaware at the time, or are you just underage?
>>
>>64389546
>3D gimmick that we are still stuck with
i really don't get the hatred for 3d

nobody is making you go to a 3d screening. and it isn't "headache-inducing" or it would give everyone headaches, it's just you and your inferior eye genetics
>>
>>64391234
>gimmick
>a trick or device used to attract attention, publicity, or business

It's a non-story related technique used to sell the film as an experience, even though it remains a show.

The fact that 3D is not integral to the fundamental substance of a story proves its a gimmick.

IMAX is also a gimmick, btw.
>>
>>64391028
It also goes against Brittish 19th/early 20th century policies. Just because it goes against the World Police being positive thought, it doesn't make it explicitaly against the US, only idiots who know shit about history sees it as a direct Anti-American message. In short, you're no special snowflake and it opposes foreign interventions if usual, not just America.
>>
>>64389546
The plot was very ordinary, though.
>>
>>64391567
>if
of*
>>
>>64389546
was literally looking at my watch; 30 mins away from end credits.
>>
>>64391028
>Trying this hard to be wrong
>>
>>64391028
It's against the raping of the environment. It was released on Earth Day (dvd bluray), too just to hammer in the point. The hometree thing getting destroyed was supposed to be like the Twin Towers falling down. How can the world relate to that scene? Dumbass.

The movie made all the moneis in the world cause of Cameron's film history, 3D done right (word of mouth helped it a lot), and great action. T2, Aliens, and Titanic, son.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.