[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it ever explained who Anakin Skywalkers dad is? It says the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 11
Is it ever explained who Anakin Skywalkers dad is?

It says the "midichlorians" created him, but them being able to just randomly create the most powerful jedi for no reason seems like a bad plot.

And if he was just randomly created, what is the point of killing all the jedi? If a stronger one could just be born again out of nowhere?

correct me if i'm wrong, but darth plaguis would of been dead by the time anakin was conceived.

so that only really leaves palpatine, but it's never explored that he can create children with the force.

or is it "the prophecy" this mysterious thing we never learn about other than it progressing the plot on massively?
>>
shmee got fucked by some rando who left them
shmee invented the miraculous birth meme out of embarrassment
>>
YOODOODOO THE FORCE PLANET INHABITED BY FORCE ANGELS IN THE MIDICHLOROQUOG CENTRAL NEXUS OF UBUDU ENERGIES RAPED HIS DESERT HAG MOTHER IN THE FUCKING CUNT
>>
>>64383412
Plageuis
>>
>>64383440
Just like "Virgin" Mary
>>
Kylo turns into Snookie who becomes a force ghost who can travel through time who goes back and impregnates Shmee, thereby becoming his own great-grandfather and closing the circle of poetry.
>>
He's supposed to be Jesus and was created by the force. I think its Sheev Or plagueis using the force to make him.
>>
>>64383412
george making fun of christians obv
>>
I guess they wanted to make it a mystery or else they would have to do prequels of the prequel trilogy.
>>
>>64383465
Totally not neighbors Joseph, I swear it was God.
>women
>>
was it ever explained or implied any differently in the EU?
>>
File: 1449795344672.jpg (16 KB, 331x327) Image search: [Google]
1449795344672.jpg
16 KB, 331x327
>>64383715
B-B-B-But that's not cannon anon? It no a cana ana, Canny Annie yeah ANNIE YEAH GO ANNIE
>>
>>64383563
Mary probably made up the virgin birth thing because roman soldiers raped her, thus would murder her if she told anyone.

Rather than simple infidelity, ya know.
>>
smee was gangraped by sandpeople.
>>
>>64383865
It explains why Jesus was white.
>>
>>64383865
Was he a big guy?
>>
Snoke Plagueis was alive when Sheev Palpatine told Anakin Skywalker the story of how he (Sheev) killed his master (Snoke).
Sheev got a sick sense of pleasure from revealing his plots before he carried them out. It's covered in the Tarkin novel.
>>
File: 1450590062020.jpg (25 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
1450590062020.jpg
25 KB, 569x428
>>64383865
But he's a sandnigger, yet also apparently a white sandnigger jewitch, meaning that is a good probability that she was raped like a teddy bear in a down-syndrome class.
>>
>>64383412
>create the most powerful jedi
He got owned by virtually every other Jedi he ever shared a movie with. Luke, the Emperor, Obi Wan, Dooku, etc. Anakin was a walking bitchboy the whole series.
>>
>>64383865
Well the whole virgin birth thing was a mistranslation to begin with. It was a maiden birth, not virgin birth.
>>
So much reddit in this thread it's painful
>>
>>64384014
But a maiden is literally a female virgin.
>>
right off the bat youre incorrect

why does reddit insist on coming here and making threads
>>
>not realising that it's obviously an allegory of Christ's birth even though the film smacks you around the head with it

He was conceived by the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>64383440
>shmee
is that her actual name or is it just a brand new meme?
>>
Midi-chlorians are nothing but space sperm.
There was a large amount of space sperm that his mother ate and after 9 months he was born.
So her mother was FORCED
>>
File: Tragedy.jpg (981 KB, 1456x816) Image search: [Google]
Tragedy.jpg
981 KB, 1456x816
>>64383412
Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create...life.
>>
>>64384195
Nah it was her actual name since the movie, don't know why anyone was surprised with Sheev
>>
>>64384230
It's leading up for the biggest reveal in episode 9

Snoke revealing he is Kylo's great grandfather.
>>
>>64383902
>Italians
>White
>>
>>64384287
Back then they would have been, as it was before the muslims were even about so hadn't invaded southern Europe.
>>
>>64384318
Southern europe is fairly sunny. It makes sense that the peoples that inhabited it where never white.
>>
>>64384441
>having a tan means you aren't white
Race is not skin deep.
>>
>>64383412
>It says the "midichlorians" created him, but them being able to just randomly create the most powerful jedi for no reason seems like a bad plot.
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Midichlorians, and the Word was Midichlorians . 2He was in the beginning with Midichlorians
>>
>>64383865
>t. Talmud
Oy vey

>>64384014
"No."
>>
>>64383865
*tips yamukle
>>
>>64384472
There are obviously other factors besides the amount of sunlight. The fauna and the flora are somewhat different, which leads to different traits to be naturally selected.
>>
>>64383412
It's explained in a weird way in the now non-canon Plagueis novel. BUT said novel's explanation gets referenced outright in the Tarkin novel, which is in fact canon. So it's "grey canon" for lack of a better word.

Plagueis tried to conceive a child with an individual via the dark side of the Force itself, but it fucked up. The Force responded to this wave of dark side energy by releasing an equal reaction of light side energy that manifested as Anakin. In other words, Anakin already "brought balance to the Force" upon conception by merely being conceived. The Force maintains itself by keeping internal balance, and plopping out Anakin was its way of balancing Plagueis' dark side waves.

But Sheev falsely believed that Anakin was himself the result of Plagueis' tampering rather than the reaction, which is why he was so interested in him as an apprentice. This ultimately bites Sheev in the ass (see ROTJ).

This also makes the Snoke=Plagueis hypothesis weak, as Plagueis' and Sheev's story has been resolved within canon and grey canon sources already.
>>
>>64384792
>which is why he was so interested in him as an apprentice. This ultimately bites Sheev in the ass
This would of made a much better story than "pls dont hurt mah baby boy"
>>
>>64384792
What if Snoke turns out to be the product of the dark-side virgin birth?
>>
>>64383412

Qui Gon
>>
>>64383412
shmii had sex with the jew bug
>>
Watto of course.
She was 12 years a slave after all.
>>
>>64384792

OP here, thank you
>>
>>64384980
But Watto doesn't have a dick.
>>
>>64384607
Idiot. Race is defined by skull structure.
>>
Shmee was a whore. It's also obvious Qui Gon fucked her.
>>
File: 1448935375887.jpg (5 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
1448935375887.jpg
5 KB, 253x199
>>64384230
He was a good friend.
>>
>>64384792
but how can this be balance when
'light side' is 'balance'
and
'dark side' is 'cancer'
?
>>
File: 1289558321398.gif (831 KB, 142x142) Image search: [Google]
1289558321398.gif
831 KB, 142x142
>>64384792

Grey canon? More like hot shit!
>>
The force is all about equality in the universe. So when the dark or light side has greater numbers, the force was forced to create more on the opposite side. To create the Equality it was looking for, the force created Annakin out of nothing. It simply used shmee as a conduit.

That's why you're seeing kylo ren get weaker as rey gets stronger. The force is always balanced.
>>
A deleted scene reveals Palpatine used the Midichlrorians to impregnate Shmi.
>>
>>64385269

Dark side is like a natural wildfire, whereas the light side is the forest in its natural peaceful state. Both are needed to maintain the forest ultimately, but too much of either will lead to the forest's ruin. Thats why the balance is so important; but the Jedi Order couldn't or wouldn't understand that their thousand year peace has fostered a galactic government that is so woefully corrupt and disconnected from the citizenry that war seems preferable to peace.
>>
>>64383927
That's some seriously shit retcon.
>>
>>64383412
His mom was a promiscious slut, and she can't remember who got her pregnant.
>>
>>64385083
The snout.
>>
>>64385334
i thought the very existence of the dark side throws the balance out of the window?
>>
File: 1448326693586.gif (58 KB, 752x752) Image search: [Google]
1448326693586.gif
58 KB, 752x752
>mothers name is shmee
>chancellor palpatine, aka the emperor's name is sheev

>shmee, sheev
>'s me, sheev

IT WAS SHEEV IT WAS SHEEV ALL ALONG
>>
>>64385428
Every light must cast a shadow.
>>
>>64385428
it does, hes an idiot.

light/dark are basically aesop's fable of the sun and the wind.
>>
>>64385428
jedi propaganda
>>
File: snoke.jpg (421 KB, 852x889) Image search: [Google]
snoke.jpg
421 KB, 852x889
>>64384792
I thought Disney was just sticking to the movies and ignoring all the novels and shit? Otherwise wouldn't Ben be Lukes son? And I kinda doubt they will use Mara Jade as Reys mother.. I dunno.

Its odd that the musical themes for Tragedy of Darth Plagueis and Snoke are pretty much identical.
>>
>>64385449
Shmee, Shmee. What About Shmee? Shmee! Shmee! Shmee. Shmee. What about Shmee? Shmee's me. What about me?
>>
>>64384792
That's not in the movies, that's not canon, that's straight up retarded.

You EU shits are the worst things to exist. How can it be canon when it's not from Lucas? I don't even count these new movies as canon, and I don't even like Star Wars.

You nerds are hella fun though.
>>
>>64385552

Novels and comics sell a crazy amount of money, so they decided to make a new Disney-sanctioned line of published works.
>>
There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Plagueis created Anakin besides a throwaway line from Sheev about how he may have had the power to create life, and Sheev was likely bullshitting about that anyway
>>
The Force is God. The Jedi's were degenerate. It was the wave correcting itself/
>>
>>64383412
>Is it ever explained who Anakin Skywalkers dad is?
There was no father. Shmi carried him, Shmi gave birth, Shmi raised him. Shmi can't explain what happened.

>It says the "midichlorians" created him, but them being able to just randomly create the most powerful jedi for no reason seems like a bad plot.
It is implied in a conversation in RotS that Sheev's master, Plagueis, created Anakin - using the midichlorians. "Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith who lived many years ago. He was so powerful and so wise that he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life."

>And if he was just randomly created, what is the point of killing all the jedi? If a stronger one could just be born again out of nowhere?
Not sure what you're asking here.

>correct me if i'm wrong, but darth plaguis would of been dead by the time anakin was conceived.
Nine years before TPM, Anakin was conceived. I see no reason why Plagueis had to have been dead at this point.

>so that only really leaves palpatine, but it's never explored that he can create children with the force.
It's possible he learnt it from his master Plagueis, yes. I've always assumed it was Plageuis, though. I don't think Palpatine knew about Anakin before he met him on Naboo at the end of TPM.

>or is it "the prophecy" this mysterious thing we never learn about other than it progressing the plot on massively?
Jedi can see the future, I guess there was one Jedi thousands of years ago particularly adept in this ability who foresaw the Jedi extermination in RotS.
>>
>>64385552
They use what they want and make it canon. But only what they specifically mention, not the rest. They also take inspiration from the old EU for the movies/cartoon/new EU and create 'new' situations and characters based on that.
>>
>>64385656
Plagueis was in the EU before the movies.
>>
>>64385334
>wild fire is needed to maintain the forest
>too much of forests natural peaceful state will ruin the forest
>>
>>64383464
>>64383532
These two, most likely... that's why everyone ignored them in favor of the typical SW shitfest that ensued.
>>
>>64385879

Didn't they teach you that in school?
>>
>>64385308
CHILDREN

UNLIMITED CHILDREN
>>
>>64385908
no
>>
>>64385900

Its hard to ignore when its the literal basis for Anakin being the chosen one.

>wow we found a freak accident with unnatural power
>lets break the rules for him just cuz nothing could possibly go wrong
>>
File: disney.jpg (316 KB, 1239x216) Image search: [Google]
disney.jpg
316 KB, 1239x216
>>64384792
>>64385828
>>
>>64385978
Explain the references in the canon material to the old EU, than? Do it!
>>
>>64385825
>It is implied in a conversation in RotS that Sheev's master, Plagueis, created Anakin - using the midichlorians. "Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith who lived many years ago. He was so powerful and so wise that he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life."

Nothing there implies that he created Anakin. That's you and a bunch of other faggots jumping to conclusions
>>
>>64386096

Basically the differences are

>Palpatine never came back from the grave and pulled infinite imperial fleets out of his ass
>no one else did either
>gary stu aliens from another franchise never invaded
>Bioware games don't count
>Luke didn't turn out to be Jesus
>Han died to a domestic dispute instead of Chewbacca getting crushed by a moon
>>
>>64386121
Well, we know that Anakin was conceived by midichlorians, and Plagueis is the only person that we know can use the midichlorians to create life.

That's fairly well implied, I think. Obviously not explicit, and heaps of wiggle room, but I don't think it's jumping to a conclusion to call it an implication.

Jumping to a conclusion would be saying that Sheev saying that proves everything.
>>
Plagueis did not create Anakin and Palpatine is not his father.

Shmi was literally impregnated by the Force.
>>
>>64386217
we'll see
*knowing wink*
>>
>>64386217

The canon in fact implicitly states that Plagueis did not create Anakin.
>>
>>64386121
>i don't know what "implied" means
>>
>>64386189

The most obvious, glaring, and persistent issue is

>why the fuck would you do that
>just stick your midichlorian soaked forcedick in the force and get some bitch pregnant somewhere
>>
Qui Gon gets sudden flashback to that night in a cantina he got so drunk he ended up fucking some chick in an alley on some desert planet.

Backs away slowly.....
>>
It's just an anti-jesus metaphor
ep3 kind of lingers around a point that maybe palpatine had something to do with it but whatever I'm drunk
>>
>>64386291
Yeah, agreed. I'm sure it's off in the EU somewhere, but that's not anything I've ever bothered with.
>>
>>64386291
>>64386339

"Plagueis decided to take his powers further and reached out to the midi-chlorians across the galaxy in order to gain dominance over them, but the Force resisted his efforts and refused. In response, the midi-chlorians acted of their own accord and conceived a child within the Human slave Shmi Skywalker."
>>
>>64386291
Maybe he was creating a perfect son/apprentice/whatever and then had his throat slit by Sheev before he was old enough to collect.
>>
>>64386177
But did Darth Vader's Apprentice start the rebel Alliance?
>>
Only straight white humans can be sith.
>>
She is pregnant by the Force (God)
>>
File: le sheev face.jpg (71 KB, 863x641) Image search: [Google]
le sheev face.jpg
71 KB, 863x641
>>64383412
>Is it ever explained who Anakin Skywalkers dad is?
>>
>>64386382
Eugh, that's disgusting. I refuse to acknowledge it.

Wait, is that pre-TFA EU? Means I can ignore it without any doubts.
>>
>>64386121
>He was so powerful and so wise that he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life
>>
>>64386746
Yeah, the point of which is to imply Anakin could save Padme from death. Not that it has anything to do with his birth.
>>
>>64386727
It's in the new, canon, EU.

That, and Jedi trees.
>>
>>64386784
It's the way he said it. He hung on life and looked straight at Anakin when he said it.

Anakin knew what he was implying, he knew the story of his own birth by then.
>>
>>64386784
>create life
>CREATE

Are you being obtuse on purpose?
>>
>>64386829
/shudder
>>
>>64385269
I always saw it as light side being the understanding that every time you use the force an equal force is given to the dark side, which means that you use the force as little as possible giving the dark side as little power as possible.

The dark side doesn't understand this, or doesn't care. That's why they use so little control, and the Jedi use so much.

In short, there isn't really "evil" or "good," there is only the dark/light, the disciplined/undisciplined. The force gives no fucks about either, just about balance between the two.

>>64385285
This, all except for Annakin. I'd tend to agree that he's an opposing result of the attempt to birth a child using the dark side. Kind of a "lolno FUUUUU" of the force.
>>
>>64386784
The line
"He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about...from dying."
is the one meant to imply Anakin could save Padme from death.
>>
>>64386931
He was implying that Anakin could have saved his mother. Nothing to do with Padme as she wasn't even ill.
>>
>>64385718
Depends on who you talk to. Not taking sides, but it's to be considered I think.
>Plagueis managed to kill and then resurrect Darth Venamis in one of his experiments, he finds that he cannot do it again after Venamis dies for good.
>Sidious ends Plagueis's life with the dark side of the Force, although his feeling of triumph is ruined as he feels uneasy for some reason. He later attributes this to the supposed death of Darth Maul, though, as he initially suspected, it may very well have been Plagueis himself reaching out to him from beyond the Force.
>>
>>64386865

That line is as vague as fuck. It could implying anything from planting a seed in a ground to planting a seed in a bitch. Maybe it meant he had the power to make a baby spring forth out of a man's ass. The point of the scene was he was feeding him a line of hocus pocus bullshit that the Jedi would have never told him.
>>
>>64387036
>Nothing to do with Padme as she wasn't even ill.
Anakin was having visions of Padme's death.
>>
>>64387100
So it's on purpose then. Convo over.
>>
>>64386241
I'd love to see the exact wording. As earlier theorized ITT, Anakin may be a botched experiment of Plagueis resulting in the opposite of what he intended.
>>
>>64387036
But he had visions of her death.
>>
>>64387121
>>64387484

He had visions of her on the shitter and assumed she was dying
>>
>>64385334
So balance of the Force means the Jedi and Sith have an equal amount of power? Then why were both sides always trying to destroy each other when they both knew this? (at least the Jedi did)

Why were the Jedi recruiting so many apprentices if this meant it would cause a reaction in the dark side?

Seems like the universe would be a lot better off if the Jedi and Sith would just kill each other off
>>
>>64384111

It might mean a woman's first child; kind of like how you can have a heifer give birth.
>>
>>64384195

It was Shmi, but yes.
>>
>>64387748
Wasn't that the name of Cpt. Hook's deckhand?
>>
>>64387867
Mr Shmee!

yes it was :)
>>
>>64387748
It ain't Shmi
>>
>>64387718

The Jedi basically want everyone to have the freedom to fuck off to themselves, provided they don't infringe on each other's rights. The Sith want to control everyone and focus them towards their personal goals, and don't give a fuck about what they want. The Jedi's imposition of order led to apathy, while the Sith's imposition of order led to tyranny. The Jedi balances this with vigilance against the resurgence of the old Sith ways, but the best Sith balancing mechanism is the Rule of Two which basically hoards all power into a central figure until he becomes too weak to keep that power. Obviously the Sith balancing mechanism is really flawed, as is evidenced by Darth Vader.

Also the Jedi Order was really small at the time of the prequels, numbering only in the thousands - strongly implying that there is a vast untapped reservoir of Force sensitives that simply remain normal citizens. In an actual emergency like the old Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi would seek out many many more recruits (which is why Palpatine made sure to provide an armed and ready clone army).

And if anything, the Clone Wars evidenced that the most effective government is one which combines the ambition and vision of the Sith with the discipline and work ethic of the Jedi.
>>
>>64387748
Shmi is Han and is Anakin's mother/father

Shmi backward is imhs (I'm Han Solo)
>>
>>64383465
2edgy4me
Also
>[citation needed]
>>
>>64383532
George is a self proclaimed Buddhist Lutheran. Basically a Lutheran who still lives their life to the suggestions of Buddha.
>>
wouldnt life be better then if there was no force? Seems like the "balance" is ruining the world
>>
>>64384251
Make this shit happen
>>
What's Plageuis' real name?
>>
>>64389455
Chad
>>
>>64383798
is it just me or does jar jar look more realistic than maz?
>>
>>64389668
When maz took off her goggles her eyes looked like two big orange buttholes
>>
>>64388011
>Buddha how should I live
>Smoke some weed before you write the prequel trilogy, include a crazy frog man who acts like a stereotypical mexican
>>
>>64389455
hego damask
>>
>>64383412
Around 42 BBY, the Sith Lord Darth Plagueis and his Sith apprentice Darth Sidious were able to shift the Force and tip it towards the dark side after months of intense meditation. Plagueis sought to manipulate the midi-chlorians—microscopic lifeforms which lived symbiotically within all living things and allowed those with sufficient numbers of midi-chlorians to touch the Force—and use them to gain power over life and death. He was able to resurrect the Bith Darth Venamis (whom he had been using as a test subject for years) using only the power of the Force. Using his newfound power to heal his own body, Plagueis decided to take his powers further and reached out to the midi-chlorians across the galaxy in order to gain dominance over them, but the Force resisted his efforts and refused. In response, the midi-chlorians acted of their own accord and conceived a child within the Human slave Shmi Skywalker.[25]
>>
Anakin's mom probably just was rape and she don't want anakin to know about it.
>>
>>64383464
This. Palpatine pretty much outright tells him that he created him right before Palpatine killed him in his sleep. Plaguis figured out how to create life right before he died, so created Anakin in an attempt to restore the balance and get revenge at Palpatine in the long run.
>>
>>64385978
>The sequel trilogy will not follow the same story as that of the Expanded Universe trilogy works taking place after the events of Return of the Jedi

Yes, see, in the new trilogy Han's son is an emo faggot who falls to the Dark Side! It's an entirely original story!
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.