[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cold War general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Bridge_of_Spies_poster.jpg (53 KB, 290x429) Image search: [Google]
Bridge_of_Spies_poster.jpg
53 KB, 290x429
This was good.
What are some other good (or at least watchable) cold war films?
>>
>>64382000
is this any good?
>>
>>64382064
No. It is merely good.
>>
>>64382000
I like The Cold War period but since it was just all bark and no bite of politicians so there's no battles to entertain plebs with

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and The Lives of Others are pretty interesting imo
>>
The Lives of Others is about east berlin and it's much better
>>
>>64382125
>Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
I hope you mean the mini series.
The movie was ok
>>
File: Rocky4.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Rocky4.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
>>64382000
best cold war movie coming through
>>
>>64382000
THE AMERICANS (TV SERIES) SENPAI
>>
File: TinkerTailorSoldierSpy.jpg (332 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
TinkerTailorSoldierSpy.jpg
332 KB, 1280x800
>>64382000
>>
>>64382000
yoo dis movie was my shit homie !!
>>
>>64382196
The film was better than the miniseries t.b.h f.am.
>>
>>64382125
>it was just all bark and no bite of politicians so there's no battles to entertain plebs with

What is Korea, Vietnam or Aghanistan?
>>
>>64382362
those are continents
>>
Thirteen days, about the cuban missile crisis.
>>
>>64382000
is that film any good? Consider that I'm more of a dialogue guy, I find action boring
>>
>>64382677
No. It is merely good.
>>
>>64382677
it was enjoyable nothing more or less
it would have been better had it not descended into sappy Spielberg sentimentality in the last 5-10 minutes
>>
The Americans
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
>>
>>64382677
Good script, great direction, good acting, but overall is a pretty bland film.

I would like to see a sequel of this set in the 2000, with the americans as the bad guys, kidnapping and torturing.
>>
the manchurian candidate 1962 is the only one I can think of that hasn't been said
>>
>>64382000
The hunt for the red october
The life of others
>>
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold is pretty patrish.
>>
>>64382362
He was referring to the movie, I think.
>>
>>64382000
A Perfect Spy (TV series)
Smiley's People (TV series)
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (Film (starring Richard Burton))
>>
File: image.jpg (952 KB, 1600x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
952 KB, 1600x1136
>>64382148
I was hoping that Spielberg would let Von Donnersmarck direct the next Tintin movie.
>>
Matinee
>>
fail-safe
>>
>>64382782
Is it a character study or a procedural?

Does it know what it's aiming for?
>>
File: moi nayme is moichal caiyne.jpg (13 KB, 324x268) Image search: [Google]
moi nayme is moichal caiyne.jpg
13 KB, 324x268
Any of the Harry Palmer films
>>
"Bridge of Spies" is the most subtle of Spielberg's moral stories in a history setting. It almost felt like a Clint Eastwood movie, except for the somewhat affected acting. Still, the screenplay was beautiful, with human truth present in characters from every side. In the end it is a feel-good movie about an idealist who wins despite other persons being overly practical and short-sighted. I like how there are not "villains" in the story, and all the evil (the little of it) comes from people's pettiness and stupidity.
>>
>>64382064

Probably the weakest of Spielberg's films. I rate Munich and Amistad leagues higher than this.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.